+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Windows 7

Question Windows 7

what is the price of a Windows 7 Home Premium License ? I have a certified Windows 7 Home Premium CD and want to install on another new PC ?
    '

Its no longer made, so a brand new pricing can't really be estimated. But on various sites, if you can still find honest legit copies (and I mean actual versions, not "Copies"), they still usually go for the original pricing. Depending on whether you look at OEM or Retail versions.

OEM, whether it was 32 or 64-bit for Windows Home Premium was usually $100-110.

Professional, hovered around $140 range.

Retail copies often were more, Home Premium was more closer to $140-150 range from what I remember.

If you look at current pricing right now for 8.1 and 10 versions of Home Premium (or standard whatever its called now), or Professional versions, the pricing for Windows 7 was about the same for same corresponding versions. Same with Vista.

Actual OS prices haven't changed much for OEM or Retail versions.

On various sites, including Amazon, you need to be extra careful on good deals on 7, and many other versions of Windows, often they're bootleg or pirated copies, some use stolen Serial's, others have legit serials, but the discs are fake/copied and use fake labels.

But in your case, you can use that same CD you have right now, all you need to do is get ahold of another legit serial/registration key for windows, you can use the same media for another installation.

Otherwise, $110 for 7 Home Premium brand new: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 64-bit - Newegg.com

Occasionally it goes for $100, Upgrade versions also tend to go for around $89-100.

The literal $10-20 difference between Retail Upgrade and OEM Full version, is so little, its better to go for the latter.

Thanks.....

No Problem.

Also a heads up, just saw this morning: Microsoft releases unofficial service pack for Windows 7 | ExtremeTech

So might be downloading some more updates of 7 soon.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

If you are already a member, please login above.

Thread Information