+ Reply to Thread

MS Office CD Key in REgistry

I'm pretty sure that the Registry holds the CD Key for my MS Office. Can someone direct me to WHERE in the Registry this is found?

I'm dealing with MS Office 2000 Standard and Premium.

THANKS!!
    now THIS is interesting....

go here and download Berlac advisor and it will tell you everything in and about your computer but you have to put it on the computer you want to know the info about

http://www.belarc.com/free_download.html

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/Software/Microsoft/Office/90/Registration/ProductID
    You can't get there from here

Smile MS Office Windows keys offline

You can also copy the registry hives to a another drive ie USB Stick and use something like ProduKey to get the keys from it. you will need to change the source under file in ProduKey to point to the Hive you have copied.

The file I am talking about is SOFTWARE this can be found in C:\WINDOWS\system32\config

|MG| ProduKey 1.35

or

ProduKey - Free software downloads and reviews - CNET Download.com

Thumbs up Thanks to rafttrip!

I know the original post is old, but I'm thankful rafttrip updated it two years ago. I found Produkey to work wonderfully well, better than winkeyfinder or magic jelly bean finder, at least for finding off-line keys loaded from another hive. I'm running W7 64 Bit, and even after taking ownership, even after running as administrator, even after loading the off-line hive into my own Registry, those programs couldn't do it. But Produkey did it extremely well, and easily too. I just had to tell it where the off-line Registry hive was, and there it all was. Bravo! Thank you, thank you!

God bless!

Thank you for Produkey recommendation

Quote Originally Posted by chuck441 View Post
    I know the original post is old, but I'm thankful rafttrip updated it two years ago. I found Produkey to work wonderfully well, better than winkeyfinder or magic jelly bean finder, at least for finding off-line keys loaded from another hive. I'm running W7 64 Bit, and even after taking ownership, even after running as administrator, even after loading the off-line hive into my own Registry, those programs couldn't do it. But Produkey did it extremely well, and easily too. I just had to tell it where the off-line Registry hive was, and there it all was. Bravo! Thank you, thank you!

God bless!

Just used Produkey to grab my product keys before I wiped the harddrive and reinstalled a new OS from DVD. It was fast and pulled them in an easy to read text box. Thank you so much!

Thumbs up Lifesaver...

Just found this thread and tried out Produkey - WOW! A real lifesaver. My neighbor's HP Pavilion 500 Gb disk was 'infiltrated' by a trojan downloader that REALLY mucked things up and totally 'hosed' Windows 7.. couldn't even repair the boot process nor 'roll it back' to a previous restore point...
    I don't believe I've ever seen a PC with so MANY 'viral' infections and malicious pieces of software. Literally more than ten Trojans, a rootkit, a web hijack, malicious javascript in Chrome ... the list seemed endless.
    It was so screwed up, I figured it was more 'time consuming' to try to get all these than to 'restore to factory' from the recovery partition. I wasn't going to spend hours trying to do this and then have him b**hing to me about the cost - but since he could not find his Office 2007 H&S license, I HAD to try to retrieve the product license from this 'off-line' registry.
    Let me tell you... I was totally amazed to see that Produkey could - and would - scan the USB connected hard disk and find this product key. Whew!!!
    I will definitely 'steer' others to this product... VERY impressive.
    What a lifesaver...

Quick Reply Quick Reply

If you are already a member, please login above.

What is 10 and 5 added together?

Thread Information