April 28th, 2005, 10:50 AM #1
Get rid of Chinese characters in my web pages
Update: I just noticed when I select print view from a Hotmail email with the foreign characters, they go away. Weird
I spuradically have chinese or Japanese (I can't read either one) characters showing up in web pages I browse to and even in my emails (Hotmail, Yahoo). The characters are randomly replacing the letter or symbol that should be there. e.g. In one email all apostrophes were replaced, and another email I got today, the T's I' and G's were replaced, but not all of them.
Does anyone have a clue what could be causing this?
XP Pro SP2
IE 6.0 SP2
Last edited by DrDave1958; April 28th, 2005 at 11:02 AM.
April 28th, 2005, 12:42 PM #2
Ok I figured it out.
With IE open, I right click the screen, select encoding, and Korean was selected. I have no idea why Korean is even on the list, but I chose Western European(Windows), and that fixed the problem.
Last edited by DrDave1958; April 28th, 2005 at 01:10 PM.
April 28th, 2005, 03:08 PM #3
Users Browsing this Thread
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)
By jml90 in forum General Tech DiscussionReplies: 5Last Post: April 6th, 2005, 01:01 PM
By jsheffie in forum Linux and UnixReplies: 1Last Post: November 2nd, 2004, 09:47 AM
By adam-red in forum General Tech DiscussionReplies: 1Last Post: January 14th, 2004, 10:07 AM
By jester188 in forum Technical SupportReplies: 8Last Post: October 21st, 2003, 11:50 PM
By e980238 in forum Webmastering and ProgrammingReplies: 3Last Post: December 19th, 2002, 06:02 PM