+ Reply to Thread

clearing bitmap cache from Remote Desktop

Evertime i try to connect to another one of my computers vis Remote Desktop Connection, i end up with a message that tells me that my bitmap cache is full i need to empty it and disconnect and uncheck "cache bitmaps".. But ive never had to do that before, so what the heck. It also takes FOREVER to load a remote computer, over a minute if i were to time it.

Anyone know how i clear my bitmap cache or correct this problem?
    Mobile: Thinkpad T61 | WinXP Pro | C2D T8300 CPU | 3GB DDR2 | 320GB Hybrid SSD HDD | AGN & WWAN
    Desktop: Dell XPS 8300 | 3.4 Ghz Intel i7 | 8GB DDR3 | 1TB OS, 1.5TB Mirrored DATA

i did that, but for whatever reason i still get errors like that.. Its like a 50/50 chance either it will take my computer a minute to log in and then give me that message, or it will "freeze" for like 30-40 seconds and restart the whole computer... Not sure exactly what the problem was, but whenever i am able to log in i always get that message, i assumed it was something to do with bitmap caching, but it might be something else..

Anyone else have a similar problem to this? Ive never seen it in the past few years working with RDC... I also tried to reinstall it, thinking maybe that would fix something, but wasnt able to figure out how since its a windows thing..
    Mobile: Thinkpad T61 | WinXP Pro | C2D T8300 CPU | 3GB DDR2 | 320GB Hybrid SSD HDD | AGN & WWAN
    Desktop: Dell XPS 8300 | 3.4 Ghz Intel i7 | 8GB DDR3 | 1TB OS, 1.5TB Mirrored DATA

Quote Originally Posted by Steve R Jones View Post
    Might try running Disk Cleanup. It has an open to clear out:

C:\Documents and Settings\Your User Name\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Terminal Server Client\Cache

i can get up to Microsoft\ then there is no folder called Terminal Server Client, and im running XP Pro, soo i dunno, none of the other folders look like they are the right ones either... I did empty the "temp remote desktop files" from the cleanup utility...

Quick Reply Quick Reply

If you are already a member, please login above.

What planet do we live on?

Thread Information