+ Reply to Thread
    Prof. of DooGlian Studies MegalosSkylaki's Avatar

GOOGLE 'SEARCH' Dropdown Menu: Getting Rid of It?

When I put in a item for GOOGLE to Search, I get a Dropdown Menu of either Like Responses, Past Memory of Searches on this Computer, or a combo of Both.

I find this unnecessry as I would have to read down while typing in the Search term, and annoying as this necessitates either a click on the Mouse click in empty space to delete it covering the Search Button, or hitting the Entry Key on KB, when a click of the mouse is often easier for me.

(I think this started with an Upgrade of GooGle when I installed Recovery Backup SW on an External Hardrive.)

How can I get rid of this (without downgrading GooGle , which may not even do any good) ??

MegalosSkylaki
    FIRST TEN YEARS ANNIVERSARY HONOR ROLL
    this April 18th, 2014 and will be Officially Celebrated That Day! SEE http://www.techimo.com/forum/imo-com...ml#post1070600

I don't know if this will help, but next to the google search box go into preferences and select Do not provide query suggestions in the search box. (it's towards the bottom of the list)

tcob

if this is appearing below the "search" box in firefox.(default = google search )

right click on the "G" and uncheck "show suggestions"

that'll stop the random suggestions... the only way that i knpw to prevent being prompted with your own search history is to clear the history. ( again from the right click menu )

EDIT - in FF options you can uncheck the "remember what i enter in forms and the search box"

of course if you're not referring to the FF search box then ignore my ramblings.........
    Last edited by doddsy; November 12th, 2008 at 06:47 PM. Reason: my head can spell but my fingers can't

Quote Originally Posted by tcob View Post
    I don't know if this will help, but next to the google search box go into preferences and select Do not provide query suggestions in the search box. (it's towards the bottom of the list)

tcob
    Thanks just tried it and it worked a treat

Similar problem

In my case, I want the Google search history -- but it keeps getting wiped out. I don't see a "preferences" tab, but in the place for "managing" my settings, I have selected to save history and to prompt me when I search. Any idea why my search history would be wiping out all the time?

dropdown menu

Quote Originally Posted by tcob View Post

tcob
    To eliminate dropdown suggestions go to google logo on the right side of the search box, right click, left click search options. Under Search Features uncheck 'enable quick search box to search outside of browser then click save.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

If you are already a member, please login above.

What is the color of the sky?

Thread Information