+ Reply to Thread

Belkin Bulldog & Windows 7

I have a nice Windows XP/Pro machine configured to meet my needs (quad core processor, 4GB RAM, to video adapters driving three LCD displays). It is supported by a Belkin F6C1500-TW-RK Uninterrupted Power Supply rated at 1500VA. The UPS is now monitored by the Belkin Bulldog Plus monitor software on the XP machine.

My problem is that the monitor software was never released for Windows 7, and that appears to be my only roadblock to upgrading from XP/Pro to Win7/Pro.

Belkin's response: "We regret to inform you that due to recent events Belkin has consolidated its operations and has decided to exit from the UPS business. The drivers for the Win 7 operating system is not available and also unfortunately there will be no drivers updated for Win 7 operating system."

Since Windows 7 has an XP mode (which is supported by my Q6600 processor), can I run the Bulldog monitoring software under it?

I have a feeling you'll be the first person on this site to give it a TEST.

XP mode ONLY comes with Pro and Ultimate versions.....You could save money for the new UPS if you got a Home version.
    "Life is unpredictable, eat dessert first."

Quote Originally Posted by Steve R Jones View Post
    I have a feeling you'll be the first person on this site to give it a TEST. XP mode ONLY comes with Pro and Ultimate versions.....You could save money for the new UPS if you got a Home version.
    Alas, I already have the "Pro" version setting on a shelf. Snatched up a "Home" and a "Pro" version when MS had them on sale back in October. Used the "Home" version for my Netbook, and am very pleased with it.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

If you are already a member, please login above.

What is 10 and 5 added together?

Thread Information