+ Reply to Thread

recording mic to cassette deck thrustereo receiver

I connected my computers audio out(speakers) to my stereo receiver.Now I can listen to my computers audio with my stereo speakers.When I push the appropriate button on the receiver I can record the music from my computer to the cassette deck I have hooked up to the receiver but I don't know how to record talking with the mic. I know the mic works on yahoo express but to record talking with that I think I would have to call someone on the messenger service. How can I just record myself using the mic.I have the audacity program but it seems the only way to get the record level meters going on the tape deck is to record with audacity and then when playing it back the meters work.Isn't there an easy way to record with the mic.That goes for simply recording to the hard drive also.Isn't there an easy way to do it.I have windows ME and in start programs>accessories>entertainment I have a 'sound recorder' but I can only get that to record a very short time and it is noisy then it stops.Thats why I downloaded Audacity.
    So I would like to know how to have the microphone come out the audio output and how to have it record on to my hard drive.Thanks

To get the mic to ourput to the stereo simply double click the speaker icon in your taskbar. This will open upi the playback mixer. Put a check in the mic channel and bring up the volume. If you have the volume up on the stereo, you should hear the mic in the speakers as soon as you do this.

Thanks but I don't have a mic in the mixer.I used to but I don't know what happened to it.Maybe its because I put a sound card in and it is overriding it

Quote Originally Posted by rhodeye View Post
    Thanks but I don't have a mic in the mixer.I used to but I don't know what happened to it.Maybe its because I put a sound card in and it is overriding it
    When you get the mixer open, drop down 'options' an then 'properties'. Put a check mark in the mic.

oh, thank you .I didn't know that.I have the mic level now again.I'll try it some other time .I'm going to bed

thank you.It works

is a cassette some new type of data disk?
    I7 920@3.7Ghz// 6GB Mushkin Redline DDR3 // XFX 5770 // 64GB Corsair SSD // 2 - 1.5TB Seagate's

No.Its a tape recording and/or playback device that came out after the reel to reel tape recorders of the 60's and 70's.They are much smaller than the reel to reel.

Quote Originally Posted by rhodeye View Post
    No.Its a tape recording and/or playback device that came out after the reel to reel tape recorders of the 60's and 70's.They are much smaller than the reel to reel.
    I think he was jokin' with ya.

ha.did you hear about the new technology that is supposed to bring the concert hall right into your living room?Its called an RCA victrola record player.They advertise it with a dog listening to it with its ear cocked.Its so advanced the dog can't understand it.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

If you are already a member, please login above.

What is the color of the sky?

Thread Information