+ Reply to Thread
    Prof. of DooGlian Studies MegalosSkylaki's Avatar

Real Player Won't Record Anymore. How to Fix?

DK what version of Real Player. Just stopped recording, although it still does everything else including play.

Now nothing shows the "Record this Video" when you mouse curser over it.

How can this be fixed?

ThanX.

DOOOG

PS. Windows 7 OS. IE9 Browser
    Last edited by MegalosSkylaki; April 2nd, 2013 at 09:35 PM.
    FIRST TEN YEARS ANNIVERSARY HONOR ROLL
    this April 18th, 2014 and will be Officially Celebrated That Day! SEE http://www.techimo.com/forum/imo-com...ml#post1070600

IN
    Real Player go to the top bar, select tools, then select preferences. This new box that opens up has catorgories on the left, click on the one saying Download and Recording, then you have the option on whether you want it to be available and whether it will pop up or you have to right click. If you have done that and it is not the issue, it could be the internet browser your using, not all browsers allow you to use this function. If this is not the case, you will have to reinstall the program.
    Try turning off your pop-up blocker to see if that helps. Do you use Firefox? -
    : Why am I seeing a Firefox RealPlayer Browser Record Plugin message that says it has been blocked and may cause security or stability issues?

A: This is a Firefox RealPlayer Plugin issue that has just started occurring on computers running Windows that use the Firefox browser. It doesnít mean your version of RealPlayer isnít working or that the RealPlyer Browser Record Plugin is causing any security or stability issues. It just means youíre running into some compatibility issues with Adobeís latest release of Flash (version 11.3). The good news is that itís easy to fix.

The easiest fix is to use a different web browser. You wonít encounter this issue if you use Internet Explorer or Google Chrome. If you donít want to stop using your Firefox browser, you can either disable the protected mode in the new version of Flash or revert to an earlier version of Flash.
    Yes, they actually said "dont use Firefox!

You may try some of these troubleshooting tips:
    Real Player - Unable to download Youtube, DailyMotion... videos
    They say technology slows down for no one. I know it outruns my wallet. I figure its because my wallet isn't light enough yet.

TechIMO Folding@home Team #111 - Crunching for the cure!
    dulce bellum inexpertis

ThanX.

This reminded me to restore the task(?) bar in IE9 which I had hidded to increase vertical realestate. Then I clicked to TOOLS to bring up Manage ADD-Ons, then went to RealNet and hoghlighted and clicked ENABLE as it was somehow dis abled.

How that could happen?

How do this glitches happen?

Is it just a matter of statistical probability that o's and 1's will someday jsu glitch the wrong way?

I gues the analogy can be drawnt o mutations in the Genome.

One in a while a mutation is beneficual, but most of the time it is either a dead end or harmful.

Computers with there 20 million operations per sec may mimic this.

So much for statistical aberation!

DOOOOG
    this April 18th, 2014 and will be Officially Celebrated That Day! SEE http://www.techimo.com/forum/imo-com...ml#post1070600

Apparently, there are a whole bunch of apps that are enabled under WIN BrowserIE TOOLS> Manage Add Ons. So early place to look if an app goes south on you under WIN IE.

Sir DOOGfurd of Purplepuddingham

Beware the Ides of IDM, Dept.

Quote Originally Posted by MegalosSkylaki View Post
    ThanX.

This reminded me to restore the task(?) bar in IE9 which I had hidded to increase vertical realestate. Then I clicked to TOOLS to bring up Manage ADD-Ons, then went to RealNet and highlighted and clicked ENABLE as it was somehow disabled.

How that could happen?

How do this glitches happen?

[EDIT de DOOG]

DOOOOG
    I was wondering how this could have happened so I reviewed no1_vern (see panal #2) and what he posted about Internet Download Manager disabling Real Player.

Now I don't have IDM downloaded but every time we download anything, there is frequently an installer downloaded and/or an accelerator which basically does much the same thing.

Why was RealPlayer disabled and not other Apps under Manage Add Ons? DK.

But the lesson is that all the updates we do for all manner of SW have accelerators which may act in similar ways to IDM.

See IDM >>>

Internet Download Manager (IDM) is a tool to increase download speeds by up to 5 times, resume and schedule downloads. Comprehensive error recovery and resume capability will restart broken or interrupted downloads due to lost connections, network problems, computer shutdowns, or unexpected power outages. Simple graphic user interface makes IDM user friendly and easy to use.Internet Download Manager has a smart download logic accelerator that features intelligent dynamic file segmentation and safe multipart downloading technology to accelerate your downloads
    Hence if anythinggoessouth after a download---even an update of existing apps/proggies check out

TOOLS >> Manage AddOns under Internet Explorer.

Conceivably other Browsers may have analogous utilities with analogous problems DK

MegalosSkylaki
    Last edited by MegalosSkylaki; April 5th, 2013 at 03:37 AM.

I notice that when I boot the browser in WIN7 and IE9 asks me if I want to speed up by disabling add-ons and gives me some options. When I open the message it tells me how much time I would save with each Disable.

This may be one way the Real Player gets disabled.
    If you get this message, speeding boot-up for those who boot up is fine. Just be selective with what you want to disable .

Alternatively,if you don't use Record in RealPlayer a lot but boot alot , you might want to disable and later go to TOOLS> Manage AddOns>>Enable as per above.

MegalosSkylaki

Quick Reply Quick Reply

If you are already a member, please login above.

What planet do we live on?

Thread Information