Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

I never received any MCP certificate

I completed my MCP (by passing #270) just over a year ago, and never received anything for it. Am I not supposed to get some sort of certificate or card, or at least a confirmation other than my passing score report from the testing center?

I tried at one point to find a number to call Microsoft, but was unsuccessful in contacting anyone who knows anything about it with the numbers I did find.

Anybody else have an MCP, and if so, did you get any paperwork back for it? Anybody know who I can contact if I was supposed to get something in return for passing the test?

EDIT:

The number I called was for the North American continent: 800-636-7544.

Call this number, or visit this link:

Microsoft Learning Self-Help
    Last edited by SiliconJon; January 2nd, 2009 at 02:11 PM.

Ultimate Member
    you have to contact them and specifically ask for the certificate

I think it is a wallet sized thingy

I got an MCP a few years back...I kept forgetting to send for the certificate, lol
    "Even a fool is thought to be wise if he is silent"

Try calling up the testing centre you went to and ask them what number you call.

As long as you have your ID number from the testing centre you should be able to get it.

Delay

There was a delay in shipping some of the welcome kits, the below came from the MCP member site.

Also, please accept our apologies for the delayed shipments of your Welcome Kits. As of the end of June 2006, all Welcome Kits for certifications through February 1, 2006 have been shipped, and you should expect delivery within the standard four to six week delivery time. For immediate verification of your credentials, you may print or share your transcript from the MCP site.

Heh, well I still won't get it! DOH! My address has changed twice since I passed that test.

Quote Originally Posted by darkenbinary
    There was a delay in shipping some of the welcome kits, the below came from the MCP member site.

Also, please accept our apologies for the delayed shipments of your Welcome Kits. As of the end of June 2006, all Welcome Kits for certifications through February 1, 2006 have been shipped, and you should expect delivery within the standard four to six week delivery time. For immediate verification of your credentials, you may print or share your transcript from the MCP site.
    After you take the test, you should have received an email asking you to create an account using your Test ID. After creating the account, you then go in and request the Welcome Kit which will include your certificates, cards, etc. I just took the 70-270 exam, so I am waiting on my kit to come. Anyone know how long it usually take?

Famos

Looking for some tax stuff from last year I came across my test report. After trying to get into the MCP site, I found a number to call, and got someone to help. They claimed they had no email for me (even though I have been receiving MCP Flash emails in my hotmail account since I passed the test), so my account was just sitting there waiting for me to contact them. Eh, well now I should get my welcome kit.

The number I called was for the North American continent: 800-636-7544.

Last week, I passed the 70-270, 70-290, & 70-291. I got an E-mail immediately afterwards, that said if I were interested in obtaining a "Welcome Kit" that I needed to contact them.

Seems like it's just standard practice on the part of Microsoft.
    And thus it was spoken by the mighty Uss. And it was so.

I must have missed the memo >_<

Does that make you MCSA, or do you need one more?

Those and Security+ make ya' an MCSA. Took my Security+ yesterday, and yuppers. MCSA tis' a good thing. Next on deck - MCSE. 4 tests this week. Ug. CCNA next week.

Woohoo. Is job experience making these obtainable, or are you using education/studies to learn their ropes...or both?

One can also substitute [A+ & Net+] OR [A+ & Server+] for the elective requirement of the MCSA.

Yeah for MCSA, you can substitue the Security+ with a lot of other options. But don't take my word for it, here it is directly from the Lion's mouth:

http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mc...3/default.mspx

Careful. Certifications are kinda' addictive. Once you start on one, you can't stop... I'm working my way to 10 certs by August 20th. Already got 6 out of the way. MCSE and CCNA are the final ones.

How did you take all three tests in one week? How long have you been studying and do you do this full time? When do you find the time to study?? What do you use? Thanks for the info in advance. Looks like you are speeding through the Microsoft exams and I would like to know what you are doing. I want to know if setting up labs, going through different scenarios, etc. is worth the time studying for each exam.

Famos

The only real challenge up to this point has been the 70-291 (Infrastructure) exam. ALOT of concept type stuff to go over, so brace yourself when you're getting ready for that one.

I'm in the military, so finding time to do any of this has been a challenge. That, and it's not my job in the Navy (I'm a paperwork guy)... So having computers as a side hobby sometimes gets left behind to do what I have to do.

I left for my final deployment in January and just finished here recently. While I was out there I took alot of computer books with me. Whenever I got some free time, I would read up on all the concepts that were foreign to me...

It got me ready for the 3 week certification school I'm attending now. 3 weeks for 7 certifications. It's kinda' like a shotgun to the brain, and if I didn't do my prior reading I'd be like a deer in headlights right now. Other than throwing everything together in an EXTREMELY shortened time period, about the only thing I have to say negative about the school is the price. But even then, it's definately worth it.

What school is it, and is it a boot camp or something....if you don't mind me asking. I'm spending a lot of money going through training, but for each cert, it is a 1 week course. Then theres reading the thick textbook, going thorugh more online training, practice tests, then exam time.

Famos

Yeah. It's a boot camp. The one I'm at now is http://www.cedsolutions.com out of Atlanta Georgia.

Huge congrats on the well oiled cranium, USS Lindstrom. Quite a feat you are accomplishing.

It aint' over yet. 70-293 is tomorrow, but it shouldn't be that bad.

As far as I can tell at this point, is that the MCSE is just pretty much a re-cap of what the MCSA is. Alot of the same ideas and concepts - just on a larger scale.

That's how I felt after taking classes on the subjects. There was a lot of interdependent materials covered in all of the Server 2003 courses. I'm a fool for not taking the exams right afterwards... and now I've lost my 291 book.

10-14-2006 (yesterday), more than a year later I received my MCP welcome kit. Only slightly more than two months after actually requesting it, though.
    Last edited by SiliconJon; October 15th, 2006 at 01:43 PM.

Thread Information