+ Reply to Thread

Logo Resume Placement?

Hey all. Question. Where would we put our certification logos on our resume? For example the comptia A+, would you put it in the top left hand corner? Or would you put it under education or would you do just put one in the corner and not make a reference to it in words. Any thoughts or ideas?
    Phenom 1100T @3.8GHz//8GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1333//XFX HD6870 Crossfire//Win7 64//3DMark11: P6702

Super Stealthy Moderator RicheemxX's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I don't know that you are ever "supposed" to add logo's to your resume. But I guess some people do. Typically you'd just list your certs under education.

You def. wouldn't add them to the top left hand corner that I know! You'd probably want to add them to the same section you'd be placing your cert/training
    Last edited by RicheemxX; December 14th, 2006 at 02:20 AM.
    Be a Liberal, blame everyone else!!

Blog Entries
    IMO I wouldn't add any kind of logo. "You want to keep it clean", use key words and sell yourself! Describe your expertise rather than have a lazafare approach to your potential. You are the companies prospective investment! Your resume is their prospectus.

Good Luck!!!

I agree with everyone, don't put the logos on your resume. It looks tacky and distracts from the real meat on your resume.

As a person who looks at tech resumes from time to time it would not be a plus for an applicant who did this. However, if you feel you need to then be aware that the logos may have specific rules for use and placement.

another tip is to try and keep your resume to one page.. thats key for alot of employers (at least from my experience)
    Mobile: Lenovo Yoga Pro 2 | Desktop: Dell XPS 8300 | 3.4 Ghz Intel i7 | 16GB DDR3 | SSDs for LR photo editing

Blog Entries
    Leave the logos off, but add the acronyms in the correct areas. Do not be afraid of more than 1 page if you have that much relevant experience, education, etc.

Blog Entries
    I've heard 1 to 2 and no more. Employers don't want to read a book per say.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Keymaker View Post
    I've heard 1 to 2 and no more. Employers don't want to read a book per say.
    it all depends on the job you are applying for, what field you are in, and what you are trying to get accross. My resume was 3 pages when I applied for my last job. It was a Systems Administrator job making a WHOLE lot of money, so I polaced all of the Microsoft courses taken, relevant courses taken in college, certifications attained, RELEVANT positions held in the past which were a whole lot and they all came together very well, etc. When you move up the ladder, the 1 page resumes might not be enough at all!! Maybe entry level positions, but when you are going for positions like higher management, entire company's systems/network engineer/adminstrator, or anything else that will yield great responsibility and need skilled applicants, employers need MEAT in the resume, so they can ask you the "detailed" questions during the interview without asking the obvious general info that is already listed on your resume. At my last job, one of the Directors of I.T. said that his resume was about 10 pages long. Another guy in upper management said that his was about 8. It gets pretty lengthy when you are holding or applying for high level, experience needed jobs.

Blog Entries

Talking

I would just pass up a book if I was in charge of hiring.

My tactic would be to just look at a well formated and to the point one or two page resume and then let the interview tell me more about the expertise of the applicant's I wish to pay. Very old jobs are irrelevant especially any of the Mc Donald's type jobs, IE; Odd job employment history.

OP, Do you know about the use of "key word" resume scanning?

So I guess it varies by employer and what their looking for.

Blog Entries
    Correct...that is why I capitalized RELEVANT job history/experience in my reply. If you don't have that many, then you don't have that many. If you do have that many, then don't leave them out...again...it depends on the position you are applying for, how much money, etc.

Smile Logo Resume Placement?

I don't know if placing a logo is good or bad. It might not harm your chances of getting a job. It may be good to place a logo if you do a really good job of the Resume layout. In addition to or alternative to placing the logo, make sure you mention the certification in words. That way it gets picked up Resume search software.

With regards to the number of pages in the Resume, i don't mind if if the resume exceeds 3 to 4 pages for a person with 10 years of experience, or for jobs that a recruiter might spend a significant amount of time searching such as mid level or senior management positions. However if you are a fresher, and your recruiter has to pick up 50 resumes out of 500 for 5 positions, and he/she has 2 hours to do the job, books probably does not make sense. At the same time, even if its a book a recruiter will probably not read it entirely, but appropriate sections only.

A resume just needs to show the qualities that are required for a specific job. A lot of rubbish might cloud out the gems in the resume.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

If you are already a member, please login above.

Thread Information