+ Reply to Thread

CompTIA Exam Vouchers

Hey,

Anyone know of a really great place to get exam vouchers? I'll be taking certs soon and would like - obviously - the cheapest vouchers I can get. But then I've recently read that you can only get vouchers from places that offer study programs... which stinks because I'm self taught. Then there are places that just offer vouchers online but they all seem a bit sketchy!

Geez... talk about a headache just to take an exam, two, or three.

I was thinking of supplementing the CompTIA A+, for instance, with some TestOut.com just to brush up on whatever topics I didn't fully learn from self study (tbc I've been doing PC repair for a while as some on the forum know, I just recently decided to get the A+ before hopping over to networking with the N+ and 'Soft or Cisco certs, although I'd also like to get more into comp sec so Linux+ and Sec+ is also on the list).

Some wonder why I'm even studying for the A+ as a lot of the material is older and the exam is more or less irrelevant (duh, I know networking and network admin work is where it's at). My reason is that I like to be comprehensive so as to be more marketable. Plus my studies for A+ have been more for computer shoppes and stores: it's a safe back up for me since computer stores around here are a dime a dozen and if I don't land big jobs in addition to having my own company, I can at least work for another shop (at the moment I have my company + work elsewhere). Plus, although I do have a college degree, I never got into formally learning computers though have always been doing comp troubleshooting on my spare time for over 10 years now! So I want a cert to prove I have foundational knowledge, thus the A+.

Mike Meyers All in One series has taught me a bunch (just in case anyone is looking at where to begin for their own studies). I've skimmed the N+ book by him and it looks really great.

So that's where I'm at. Looking for stupid exam vouchers.

Any opinions, criticisms, comments and - of course - advise on where to get some good priced exam vouchers would be great!!! Since I will be supplementing self study with testout (more than likely), I'll also see what they offer in the way of vouchers (admittedly I haven't checked yet... at work at moment).

Thanks!
    “Arguing with anonymous strangers on the Internet is a sucker's game because they almost always turn out to be—or to be indistinguishable from—self-righteous sixteen-year-olds possessing infinite amounts of free time.” ― Cryptonomicon

Goverment property now GroundZero3's Avatar
    I pretty much pay for the exams at the testing locations, they sell the vouchers on ebay never tried it tho. Just make sure if you do try ebay that you buy with someone with a positive feedback and ask as many questions about the vouchers to the seller

Super Stealthy Moderator RicheemxX's Avatar
    the actual comptia site, person vue and promtertic are good, eBay is alright just make sure you check the expiration date. Check deal site like Dealighted or SlickDeals often you'll find discounts or legit sites that have discounts.

If you are doing this for work ask them often times companies will pay for it
    Be a Liberal, blame everyone else!!

Cool thanks for the input guys... bah I wish work will pay but - although I do all of his computer/website work - my role isn't a computer-based role, I'm a glorified admin. asst. And since I'm the SP of my own company... lol, no money from there.
    “Arguing with anonymous strangers on the Internet is a sucker's game because they almost always turn out to be—or to be indistinguishable from—self-righteous sixteen-year-olds possessing infinite amounts of free time.” ― Cryptonomicon

Quick Reply Quick Reply

If you are already a member, please login above.

Thread Information