+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    Blog Entries
    Can anyone tell me if a 741 would make a great voltage follower?

Don't go to either. ITT Tech and Devry and every other For-Profit School aka corporation is a scam. Go to a community college or a university. You will save money and actually learn. I go to ITT Tech and i absolutely regret it.

Go to ittakestime.org to meet other members that go to itt tech, read and share stories. They are going to start a Class Action Lawsuit against ITT Tech. Devry is also a scam, so is collins college, westwood and university of phoenix. They are probably all ran by the same company.

Looks like some spam in past 2 pages.
    At this point, after a year n half, I've come to realize that sure, there are a few good teachers that actually go out of their way to make sure you learn. But not that many. It is noticeable that some of them struggle with teaching when they are provided with crap for coursework, and if they do care enough about students learning something they bring in they own assignments. I do regret coming here, and at this point it's kind of too late to drop out and go elsewhere. There are lots of things that could be done better, starting with getting better quality teachers and coursework. But I'm sure those kind of changes won't happen until I'm long done here, if they ever get around to it.
    Last edited by DeathWish187; April 30th, 2008 at 10:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DeathWish187 View Post
    Looks like some spam in past 2 pages.
    At this point, after a year n half, I've come to realize that sure, there are a few good teachers that actually go out of their way to make sure you learn. But not that many. It is noticeable that some of them struggle with teaching when they are provided with crap for coursework, and if they do care enough about students learning something they bring in they own assignments. I do regret coming here, and at this point it's kind of too late to drop out and go elsewhere. There are lots of things that could be done better, starting with getting better quality teachers and coursework. But I'm sure those kind of changes won't happen until I'm long done here, if they ever get around to it.
    I could say the exact same thing about Jr College. There IS NOT a Perfect solution. Nor is every ITT/Devry the same so your going to be unable to compare experiences.

Currently, the JC im at now is horrible and they have underfunded the CIS department for years because it was not their strong point and now they are floundering with craptastic teachers and horrible standards for coursework. It has happened on several occasions that i have googled something in class because when i asked a question the teacher looked at me like a deer in headlights and stumbled through an 'I don't know' then i would give him the googled answer.

TechIMO Folding@home Team #111 - Crunching for the cure!

I was thinking about going to the local junior college, but decided not to, most of the kids I saw going their seemed like douchebags. There are a few classmates who have gone to it before they came to ITT and they all have the same complaints, usually starting with, it's just like high school all over again. I really wish I woud have just gone to my gf's school, it sounds like they have there shit alot more together. From what she has told me is that part of the computer curriculum requires students to spend so many hours being network administrator for the school, and sends them out for internships (where my school does neither). So I'm not sure how I'm supposed to be learning, when everything is taught in theory, and I would definately learn alot more spending time with hands on. I just want to finish what I'm doing now and go somewhere else to further my education.

Arrow where can i find pros and cons from itt/devry (not complaining)

Quote Originally Posted by bdemaio View Post
    I am currently attending ITT Tech in Omaha, NE and the statement that your dad had to fire every person that he has hired from Devry/ITT well my response to that is that your dad is the dumb one because he obviously does not know how to screen the people he interviews. Not all people from ITT/Devry are dumb, some of us actually try to learn and let me tell you I have learned a lot since I have started ITT.

I also think that you all are stupid sitting here complaining about schools. You obviously have nothing better to do with your pathetic little lives.

Yes ITT has a screwed up system of grading but they do actually teach things they just make it too easy for some of the students.

From the students themselves. But don't go to either, go to a real school.

I thought this might be interesting to share, but a bit off topic...
    Second to last week of the quarter of my linux class. I'm all caught up, got all notes taken care of whatnot n he just started guiding us through command prompts.
    I'm bored waiting for his next instruction and he stops in between each step to explain it for 5 minutes. I'm surfing the web to keep myself occupied. Out of nowhere he tells me to close what I'm doing and focus on what hes teaching. I tell him I'm all caught up and waiting for him to get to the next step and to get on with it. He blows up on me yelling at me telling me I should respect him blah blah if I don't want to be there then I should leave. I respond with I'm going to leave, no reason I should be getting yelled at because I am doing what was going on & you get respect when you don't act like a douchebag. I wish they wouldn't have removed the camera in that lab I would've liked to get a copy of the video it was funny as hell.
    It's amusing because through-out the quarter I've seen other students blatantly watching videos in the middle of a lesson n he don't say shit to them.
    Last edited by DeathWish187; June 7th, 2008 at 03:41 PM.

Blog Entries
    I thought this might be interesting to share, but a bit off topic...
    Second to last week of the quarter of my linux class. I'm all caught up, got all notes taken care of whatnot n he just started guiding us through command prompts.
    I'm bored waiting for his next instruction and he stops in between each step to explain it for 5 minutes. I'm surfing the web to keep myself occupied. Out of nowhere he tells me to close what I'm doing and focus on what hes teaching. I tell him I'm all caught up and waiting for him to get to the next step and to get on with it. He blows up on me yelling at me telling me I should respect him blah blah if I don't want to be there then I should leave. I respond with I'm going to leave, no reason I should be getting yelled at because I am doing what was going on & you get respect when you don't act like a douchebag. I wish they wouldn't have removed the camera in that lab I would've liked to get a copy of the video it was funny as hell.
    It's amusing because through-out the quarter I've seen other students blatantly watching videos in the middle of a lesson n he don't say shit to them.
    What school do you attend? The professors at my school wouldn't have had that many words with you...they would have told you once, then asked you to leave, or just completely ignored you, focused on the rest of the class, and then got you back when it was time for some forgiveness points on a quiz/exam...

ITT
    I know I was alot more focused on what we were doing than some classmates. I guess he just ignored everyone else despite what they were doing except me? I didn't hear him say something to others the entire quarter. I finished with a B.
    Last edited by DeathWish187; June 9th, 2008 at 06:48 PM.

Blog Entries
    ITT
    I know I was alot more focused on what we were doing than some classmates. I guess he just ignored everyone else despite what they were doing except me? I didn't hear him say something to others the entire quarter. I finished with a B.
    That's cool. Maybe the things you were doing were more distracting to him than you felt it was. Maybe you could have pulled an A (4.0) instead of a B (3.0) if you just did whatever he told you while in his class .

Good job by the way and keep it up!!

DeVry is Accredited by TAC ABET

I wanted to set the record straight on DeVry University and the transferability of credits to a traditional university. I have an engineering degree from DeVry and was fully accepted to California State University Fullerton's MS in Software Engineering with NO prerequisites! I can’t speak for ITT but DeVry credits are recognized by Cal State schools.

Quote Originally Posted by csvetfor35yrs View Post
    I hate to upset fellow techies, especially the younger ones who are trying so hard to get into the field/business. Whenever I read someone discussing DeVry or ITT Tech I want to take the folks to who run those schools and shake them by the legs until they refund all of the money that they've taken from people who, for whatever reason or reasons, actually thought that they were going to be able to get some nationally recognized degree for either less money or in less time than from a so-called traditional school. If you want a real degree; that is to say, one that will be recognized by *all* of the other traditional schools and corporate entities, then you need to stay away from places like DeVry and especially ITT Tech. I'm not implying that they are incapable of teaching. I'm not implying that their students do not learn things that are extremely important and useful. Those points are not at all at issue. For example, take ITT Tech. Look very very closely at the papers that you sign when you enroll. Your credits will have "limited transferability". This means that, should you wish to get a degree from a traditional (real) school, you will have to start over......very nearly from scratch. I have had applicant after applicant come to me, all brighteyed and excited by the fact that they were sporting some newly conferred "degree" from a place like ITT. I feel so sorry for them. Sorry that they were taken advantage of by such so-called "schools". Do yourself a favor. Stay away from them. At the very least, do extensive research on their "graduates". See where they have gone and what they have done; not just a select one or two here and there, but all of them.

Go to a University. As an EE I can tell you I suspect some people simply purchase their degrees from Devry and ITT.
    Odds are very good there are several spelling mistakes in this post.

Quote Originally Posted by famosbrown View Post
    That's cool. Maybe the things you were doing were more distracting to him than you felt it was. Maybe you could have pulled an A (4.0) instead of a B (3.0) if you just did whatever he told you while in his class .

Good job by the way and keep it up!!
    I wasn't the only one who had issues w/this teacher. I hadn't seen him around since beginning of quarter so I asked staff what happened to em, they said they moved em down to intro to pc course cause he didn't know wtf he was talking about in the more advanced courses. I know a few students who dropped from his classes as soon as they found out he was teaching. Some guy said in one of the linux classes he instructed everyone to do something, I forget what it was exactly, but it botched the shit out of there drives, and everyone had to reformat there drives and redo everything from the beginning of the quarter, while in middle of the quarter.
    Last edited by DeathWish187; July 30th, 2008 at 07:46 PM.

Devry University

I would recommend Devry University to anybody. As a graduate from this school, I am very satisfied. I have attended other brick and mortar schools but often times they take too long and it takes forever for you to graduate. Devry is concentrated and they will put you on suspension faster than your head could spin if you fall bellow the required level. There are plenty of academic help available and they are attentive to your learning needs. I have found that this was the key to my success as an IT student. One more interesting fact is that, 90% of their students lands great jobs within 6 months of graduation. My first job while attending Devry was $75K. My second job after graduation was $80K.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by hd2519 View Post
    I would recommend Devry University to anybody. As a graduate from this school, I am very satisfied. I have attended other brick and mortar schools but often times they take too long and it takes forever for you to graduate. Devry is concentrated and they will put you on suspension faster than your head could spin if you fall bellow the required level. There are plenty of academic help available and they are attentive to your learning needs. I have found that this was the key to my success as an IT student. One more interesting fact is that, 90% of their students lands great jobs within 6 months of graduation. My first job while attending Devry was $75K. My second job after graduation was $80K.
    What were your responsibilities and your title for both your first and second job? Did you have any prior experience? What degree did you get from DeVry? What company hired you while you were studying in college learning "IT" and paid you 75K? What about the second? What area do you live in? Welcome to TechIMO by the way and I hope you can shed some light to help others and not just posting once trying to spam and promote DeVry...

Quote Originally Posted by famosbrown View Post
    What were your responsibilities and your title for both your first and second job? Did you have any prior experience? What degree did you get from DeVry? What company hired you while you were studying in college learning "IT" and paid you 75K? What about the second? What area do you live in? Welcome to TechIMO by the way and I hope you can shed some light to help others and not just posting once trying to spam and promote DeVry...
    That's what it looks like, how many spam posts like that are in here now? They could prolly use some cleaning out by now.

That's what it looks like, how many spam posts like that are in here now? They could prolly use some cleaning out by now.

Seriously.

TechIMO Folding@home Team #111 - Crunching for the cure!

I am currently enrolled in ITT-Tech Criminal Justice online division Associates program and I would like to know what is the best way to leave this school ASAP? I just began in September, still in the first quarter, beginning the 8th week. What can I do, I want to transfer to another school. I am on financial aid. Please help me!

Might as well stop going altogether by now, or just wait the rest of the quarter out while you look elsewhere.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

If you are already a member, please login above.

What is 10 and 5 added together?

Thread Information