+ Reply to Thread

IT schools in Los Angeles area

Are there any IT schools in the Los Angeles area?

I'm looking to get maybe MCSE cert, a+.

But I'm also looking to just learn how to setup networks, etc.

I also have a bachelors in business and would not want to go back to a full blown university. I've heard some schools are in the $7000 area. I just want to get started and something very very cost effective. I don't know if i want to go into this field yet but I do want a background. I like working with computers.

Quote Originally Posted by codek
    Are there any IT schools in the Los Angeles area?

I'm looking to get maybe MCSE cert, a+.

But I'm also looking to just learn how to setup networks, etc.

I also have a bachelors in business and would not want to go back to a full blown university. I've heard some schools are in the $7000 area. I just want to get started and something very very cost effective. I don't know if i want to go into this field yet but I do want a background. I like working with computers.
    is there a website or something for any school?

Ultimate Member
    Have you looked into any local community colleges? I am taking Cisco courses at our Community college for 35 a semester hour. Great quality education IMO. There are some great instructors there.

Another suggestion I have is that if you want to learn about networking you try some cisco certifications, starting with CCNA.

Quote Originally Posted by fourthbean
    Have you looked into any local community colleges? I am taking Cisco courses at our Community college for 35 a semester hour. Great quality education IMO. There are some great instructors there.

Another suggestion I have is that if you want to learn about networking you try some cisco certifications, starting with CCNA.
    i think that's out of my league now. I am still trying set up home networks.
    I will eventually want to go that route.

Ultimate Member
    CCNA starts you out from the beggining. No prerequisites required if you are going to a school to learn it. Obviously if you were to try and learn it yourself it would be nice to already know a lot.

I started CCNA in January, one of my classmates was scared to even touch a computer, she has since passed her ccna and is almost half way done with her ccnp. It's just a matter of how much work you put into the program.

Quote Originally Posted by fourthbean
    CCNA starts you out from the beggining. No prerequisites required if you are going to a school to learn it. Obviously if you were to try and learn it yourself it would be nice to already know a lot.

I started CCNA in January, one of my classmates was scared to even touch a computer, she has since passed her ccna and is almost half way done with her ccnp. It's just a matter of how much work you put into the program.
    Where can i participate in this program? I want hands on experience. I don't think you can do that from a book. do you need comp lab experience to pass this?

Ultimate Member
    Lab experience is essential. That is the reason I suggest trying to find a local community college that has a lab. I live in the dfw area (Texas) and have a few options for colleges, but I don't know what options you have there in California.

Your best bet is to call up a few places in your area and see what they have to offer, maybe there is a website for your area's colleges?

Quick Reply Quick Reply

If you are already a member, please login above.

What is 10 and 5 added together?

Thread Information