View Poll Results: Is the U.S. Divided enough to cause a Civil war?

Voters
28. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes.

2 7.14%
  • No.

19 67.86%
  • Mabe.

2 7.14%
  • I'm Not Sure.

1 3.57%
  • I don't know whats goin on.

0 0%
  • I live in a hole.

1 3.57%
  • I am not a U.S. Citizen so I cannot Vote.

1 3.57%
  • We don't need no stinking badges.

2 7.14%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: U.S. Divided?

Blog Entries

U.S. Divided?

Is the United States Divided?
    Enough to cause another Civil War, or Revolution/Rebellion against the government?
    Last edited by Shipuuden; March 28th, 2007 at 02:42 PM.
    You people are you satisfied with this kind of world? I'm not.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Shipuuden View Post
    Is the United States Divided?
    Enough to cause another Civil War or Revolution/Rebellion?
    Yes; no.
    Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored. -- Aldous Huxley

yes/yes
    He who seeks vengeance must dig two graves. One for his enemy, and one for himself.-- Lao Tzu

yes:no

I don't think that there are enough people that are well coordinated to rebel.
    "I thought what I'd do was, I'd pretend to be one of those deaf-mutes" Or Should I?
    Chapter 25, The Catcher in the Rye

Quote Originally Posted by GiPilot12 View Post
    yes:no

I don't think that there are enough people that are well coordinated to rebel.
    Really?
    youd be surprized.
    He who seeks vengeance must dig two graves. One for his enemy, and one for himself.-- Lao Tzu

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by jokostel View Post
    Really?
    youd be surprized.
    Honestly joko, in this day and age..The majority wouldn't be stupid enough to even attempt or even plan to attempt a rebellion.
    Main PC: AMD FX-9590 / 16gb DDR3 2400 / AMD R9 290X @ 1100 Core & 1350mhz Mem / Win7 Pro 64bit
    Linux Boxr: AMD FX-8120/ 4gb DDR3 1866/ Nvidia GTS450/ Ubuntu 12.04
    Laptop: HP-Compaq nc8430/ Intel CoreDuo T2400 / 2gb DDR2 667/ Ati x1600 / WinXP Pro 32bit

Blog Entries
    Those who would rebel on either side are the extreme fringe.

Most people may feel strongly enough to change the channel on occasion to voice their disgust. but leave work, buy a gun and take a machine gun nest or bomb a government office are few and far between.

Quote Originally Posted by SoloCamo View Post
    Honestly joko, in this day and age..The majority wouldn't be stupid enough to even attempt or even plan to attempt a rebellion.

Well.. Im sure it wouldn't happen until MAJOR gun control legislation was passed... who knows on that one.... youve seen what i think on the racist remark thread, on the last page (5?)

It deals with this actually... oddly enough.

zen
    yes; no

How about we unite instead and throw every politician out of office.

Quote Originally Posted by zen View Post

How about we unite instead and throw every politician out of office.
    Im with you on that one...

Thomas Jefferson quote :
    God forbid we should ever be twenty years without such a rebellion. The people cannot be all, and always, well informed. The part which is wrong will be discontented, in proportion to the importance of the facts they misconceive. If they remain quiet under such misconceptions, it is lethargy, the forerunner of death to the public liberty. ... What country before ever existed a century and half without a rebellion? And what country can preserve its liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? Let them take arms. The remedy is to set them right as to facts, pardon and pacify them. What signify a few lives lost in a century or two? The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants. It is its natural manure.

Blog Entries
    who do we replace em with

I want more conservative.

and you want more liberal.

Quote Originally Posted by Epidemic View Post
    who do we replace em with

I want more conservative.

and you want more liberal.
    Hell no.

Realistically i want neither.
    I want people in office who care about 3 things.
    Family
    State
    Country
    IN THAT ORDER
    no political affiliation at all.

Blog Entries
    I think one should care more about country then family.

Blog Entries
    Im with you on that one...

Thomas Jefferson quote :
    God forbid we should ever be twenty years without such a rebellion. The people cannot be all, and always, well informed. The part which is wrong will be discontented, in proportion to the importance of the facts they misconceive. If they remain quiet under such misconceptions, it is lethargy, the forerunner of death to the public liberty. ... What country before ever existed a century and half without a rebellion? And what country can preserve its liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? Let them take arms. The remedy is to set them right as to facts, pardon and pacify them. What signify a few lives lost in a century or two? The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants. It is its natural manure.

those are mighty fine ideals but War 9 out of 10 times costs more than it benefits.

we would be ethiopia if we spent all the resources required on a civil war every 20 years or so. Instead we invested in roads, military to protect, infrastructure and interstate trade agreements.

with iraq, (knowing we do not have the will or balls to win)

would it not have been better to spend 500 billion additional dollars on (alternative fuels, shipping/border security, targeted assasinations, and serious imigration reform) a few things we could eliminate a huge source of funding for the middle east terrorist.

Even if they squeek a nuke through to NYC 500 billion would put you on the road to revovery.

Quote Originally Posted by Shipuuden View Post
    I think one should care more about country then family.
    Without your family and something to make you fight for whats right... why bother at all?

The FIRST duty to anyone should be to their family.... then youre home... then youre country...

Robert E Lee said it best :
    With all my devotion to the Union and the feeling of loyalty and duty of an American citizen, I have not been able to make up my mind to raise my hand against my relatives, my children, my home. I have therefore resigned my commission in the Army, and save in defense of my native State, with the sincere hope that my poor services may never be needed, I hope I may never be called on to draw my sword...
    Last edited by jokostel; March 28th, 2007 at 02:54 PM.

Blog Entries
    I would Fight for my Country and Honor, before I would Fight for family and self.

Thomas Jackson---
    The patriot volunteer, fighting for country and his rights, makes the most reliable soldier on earth.

Douglas MacArthur---
    Duty, honour, country: Those three hallowed words reverently dictate what you ought to be, what you can be, what you will be. They are your rallying point to build courage when courage seems to fail, to regain faith when there seems to be little cause for faith, to create hope when hope becomes forlorn.

like i said before...

why should you fight for something... when you have nothing to fight for back home?

a man is gonna fight a hell of a lot harder for the cause... if it gives him a sense of being/action/accomplishment.... and a knowledge of, that with his last breath, he did what he could to insure that his death was not in vein... so that their wives, sons/daughters knew that he fought with every ounce he could.

Shippu... im not exactly disagreeing with you... but im saying for me... and many others... priorities in the realm of why we fight are different.

Blog Entries
    I was just saying that I think for a leader Country should be more important.

being a leader has very little do do with why and who you fight for... but more so to deal with how to fight, and how to be as effective as possible and minimalize loss of life, on your side.

A good leader takes orders, relays them to his men... trains his men,
    talks to his men... and he MUST respect his men... but its up to the leader if he wants to show it.

Hell no.

Realistically i want neither.
    I want people in office who care about 3 things.
    Family
    State
    Country
    IN THAT ORDER
    no political affiliation at all.
    I agree 100% what's going on? I am fully and without compromise agreeing to this right wing nut . (No offense Joko, I respect you quite a lot )
    "I thought what I'd do was, I'd pretend to be one of those deaf-mutes" Or Should I?
    Chapter 25, The Catcher in the Rye

Quick Reply Quick Reply

If you are already a member, please login above.

What planet do we live on?

Thread Information