+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Get Your Red Hot (or Hot Red) Chinese Car

Coming to a showroom near you. Actually, they want to first establish with taxis and government fleets. Can be recharged 50% in 10 minutes and full in one hour.

Any entities with large gasoline bills looking to save money?

Wait to they start exporting electric BUSES and TRUCKS....China started moving into electric vehicles when it calculated that there is not enough oil in the world. China is going for nuclear generation.
    Last edited by RayH; January 24th, 2010 at 01:54 PM.
    RayH42450@gmail.com
    Please indicate you are from TechIMO in subject line so you don't get deleted as spam :)

Blog Entries
    How much more is this electric car going to increase your electric bill?

Yeah I will just stick with diesel or gas.
    You people are you satisfied with this kind of world? I'm not.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Shipuuden View Post

I thought about that a while back Ship . . .

Then it dawned on me . . . I live in the high desert and we get sunlight 340 or more days a year. One of the things I'm looking at when my VA money comes in, is buying a home that will have solar augmentation (either that, or I'll add it). Adding a couple more panels for charging the car isn't that costly.

I've talked to several home owners down the street from me that have already done that, and the comparison cost of heating is pissing me off. I pay ~ $475 a month for electricity for heating, hot water, and cooking, while they're paying just under $80 a month for electricity and gas.

Add this car and 1 or 2 extra panels . . . I'll be in an even better financial position. (Considering my driving average is less than 10 miles per day.)

Harder

Quote Originally Posted by sharder8 View Post
    I thought about that a while back Ship . . .

Then it dawned on me . . . I live in the high desert and we get sunlight 340 or more days a year. One of the things I'm looking at when my VA money comes in, is buying a home that will have solar augmentation (either that, or I'll add it). Adding a couple more panels for charging the car isn't that costly.

I've talked to several home owners down the street from me that have already done that, and the comparison cost of heating is pissing me off. I pay ~ $475 a month for electricity for heating, hot water, and cooking, while they're paying just under $80 a month for electricity and gas.

Add this car and 1 or 2 extra panels . . . I'll be in an even better financial position. (Considering my driving average is less than 10 miles per day.)

Harder
    Less than 10 miles a day ??? Why don't get you a bicycle ?? (J/K)

What's your rate for a KWH ????
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JOtab0BKOGY
    The Nation which forgets it's defenders will itself be forgotten
    You cannot make peace with dictators. You have to destroy them–wipe them out!

Solar power is not so good of an idea out here unfortunately... We get a whopping 59 clear days per year.
    Not enough sun to make it worth the cost.
    Last edited by butch81385; January 24th, 2010 at 05:36 PM.
    I don't like signatures.

Blog Entries
    With the amount of wind around here, wind turbines would be good together with solar (High Desert/Rain Shadow as well).

With the amount of wind around here, wind turbines would be good together with solar (High Desert/Rain Shadow as well).
    To bad this site can't run one of those turbines- we have lots of wind too...

Blog Entries

Running on electricity easily costs 1/4 or 1/5 as much as gasoline.

I'd love to buy one, but $40k is a bit steep (far more than what you'd ever save on gas over a 30mpg car costing $15k). Right around the 200,000 mile area is where it would be more worthwhile to get a $40k electric car over a $15k 30mpg gas car if my estimates are correct (although I am quite certain neither would last that long).
    "The problem with quotations on the internet is that the sources are hard to verify" - Abraham Lincoln

That electric car may have other value added reduced operating costs along with zero emissions.

While the Chevy Volt appears to be the only US made all electric car on the horizon, China has several companies already into its third and fourth generation of production.

Here's another Chinese electric car getting ready for mid year sale in the US.

Excuse me, Tesla produces electric cars.
    RayH42450@gmail.com
    Please indicate you are from TechIMO in subject line so you don't get deleted as spam :)

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by RayH View Post
    That electric car may have other value added reduced operating costs along with zero emissions.

While the Chevy Volt appears to be the only US made all electric car on the horizon, China has several companies already into its third and fourth generation of production.

Here's another Chinese electric car getting ready for mid year sale in the US.

Excuse me, Tesla produces electric cars.
    At about $45k when all is said and done and a driving radius of about 100miles...I don't see it taking off anytime soon in the US.
    Main PC: Intel i7 4790k/ 16gb DDR3 2400 / AMD R9 290X @ 1100 Core & 1350mhz Mem / Win7 Pro 64bit
    Linux Boxr: AMD FX-8120/ 4gb DDR3 1866/ Nvidia GTS450/ Ubuntu 12.04
    Laptop: HP-Compaq nc8430/ Intel CoreDuo T2400 / 2gb DDR2 667/ Ati x1600 / WinXP Pro 32bit

Blog Entries
    I doubt those proprietary batteries are going to come cheap when one needs replacing...

the problem right now is no support, if there would be a battery exchange / recharge station every 25 miles all across the country, many people would switch

Creatures
    Canon EOS 550D | Tamron 18 - 270mm 1:3.5 - 6.3 | Lensbaby Scout (Soft Focus Optic, Fisheye Optic) | Canon Speedlite 430EX II

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Creatures View Post
    the problem right now is no support, if there would be a battery exchange / recharge station every 25 miles all across the country, many people would switch

Creatures

Wow there would be an interesting propostion.

Service station handles 300 cars per day (just a random number selected) from 9 - 5 pm with a couple of rush times per day.

3 hour recharge time on battery (pie in the sky but lets go with it) rush time you need to have 100 batteries on the shelf

4000 dollars per battery ??? give or take a few.

it would seem like there would be alot of physical space required to swap these batteries out, risk of being saddled with a bad battery. Swap out time of more than 5 minutes would change number of bays requires. (and it requires all people to be on the same battery standard. voltage/capacity/chargers/ connectors all the same)

I think there would be complications in a battery swap world. Perhaps pull along trailers containing batteries.

Remember, the initial target for sales will be taxi fleet and government agencies...two entities which may need 205 mile driving range, but not necessarily go too far from the charging station. Three phase charging station will recharge to 50% in 10 minutes and full charge inside an hour! That's practical usage.
    RayH42450@gmail.com

Remember, the initial target for sales will be taxi fleet and government agencies...two entities which may need 205 mile driving range, but not necessarily go too far from the charging station. Three phase charging station will recharge to 50% in 10 minutes and full charge inside an hour! That's practical usage.
    If they can achieve the full charge in under an hour, that would be wonderful. Heck, you could charge your car at the restaurant while you eat, or even take a 10 minute stop at a gas station/rest stop and add 100 miles to your range.

Interesting indeed... Now let's see what that price really ends up being...
    I don't like signatures.

Blog Entries
    Now they need to build a power charger that gets it's energy from Neutrinos then it could run forever day or night.

I reckon nobody noticed this ...

BYD reckons the e6's battery can be charged to 50 per cent capacity in 10 minutes and to full capacity within one hour, when connected into a three-phase charger.

You know how much it costs to 3 phase service installed in your house ???? Most residential
    are feed with 2300v single phase transformed down to 220 single phase. ( At least in MS and the Jackson area). Charging stations will really stick it to you , especially on highway exit. I'll stick with my 30 mpg Stealth and my 26 mpg Firebird. Payed for and cheap to repair.

Electricity can be generated many ways. Maybe the dependence on foreign (read Mideast) oil could be done with almost overnight!
    RayH42450@gmail.com

Electricity can be generated many ways. Maybe the dependence on foreign (read Mideast) oil could be done with almost overnight!
    The whole residential infrastructure would have to be revamped at prohibitive cost. But who am I to tell how to spend your 40 grand.

Quote Originally Posted by pickel View Post
    The whole residential infrastructure would have to be revamped at prohibitive cost. But who am I to tell how to spend your 40 grand.
    3-Phase is not a common requirement for EV's

see also:
    BTS | Figure 27 - Average Trip Distance by Purpose: 2001

Quick Reply Quick Reply

If you are already a member, please login above.

What is 10 and 5 added together?

Thread Information