+ Reply to Thread

Bachmann's Iowa chairman quits, endorses Paul

Bachmann's Iowa chairman quits, endorses Paul | Reuters

"When the Republican establishment is going to be coming after Ron Paul, I thought it is my duty to come to his aid," Sorenson said, announcing his endorsement for the Texas congressman during a rally at the Iowa State Fairgrounds.

Michelle, my belle.
    Sont des mots qui vont très bien ensemble,
    Très bien ensemble.

Another bites the dust !!

BYe Bye Michelle
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JOtab0BKOGY
    The Nation which forgets it's defenders will itself be forgotten
    You cannot make peace with dictators. You have to destroy them–wipe them out!

So he jumped from a loon to a bat shit crazy loon. Sounds like a smart move to me.
    The timing of death, like the ending of a story, gives a changed meaning to what preceded it. -Mary Catherine Bateson-

Living the dream The Real Bingo's Avatar
    Ron Paul is crazy...crazy like a fox. Nick, you need to jump off the mainstream media bandwagon and do some independent research. Everybody interested in maintaining the status quo is scared to death of Paul because they know he's right. And even scarier is the fact that what he's saying is gaining traction and he's gaining popularity. He was just a sideshow - a joke - last election. Now people have to take him seriously, and so the smear campaign is in high gear.

He's the only one who's different, and that's not to be admired in Washington. It makes you and regular Joes feel uncomfortable because if he's right, then what we've been told by everyone who's supposedly smart is wrong. We've been hoodwinked and our egos can't deal with it. But we have to deal with it...otherwise it's game over.

Blog Entries
    Get off of my roof!

If you don't mind society being set back 100+ years, then go ahead and vote for the guy. I, on the other hand, would never consider voting for him.
    The timing of death, like the ending of a story, gives a changed meaning to what preceded it. -Mary Catherine Bateson-

Quote Originally Posted by tony_j15 View Post
    People who support Ron Paul either, a) support him because of his questionable conspiracy theories, or b) in spite of them. It is up to you to decide whether or not some of his warnings are conspiratorial or simply prophetic and well-founded. But nevertheless, I, like others who support him, know this stuff already. His record in Congress is well-known and he's been a consistent champion of freedom, liberty, prosperity, and limited government; and that is what is important to me, and is enough for me to excuse some of his questionable stances on some issues.

Quote Originally Posted by nickslick74 View Post
    If you don't mind society being set back 100+ years, then go ahead and vote for the guy. I, on the other hand, would never consider voting for him.
    So we will go back to telegrams and horse transportation?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by The Real Bingo View Post
    So we will go back to telegrams and horse transportation?
    Safer roads atleast! Can't telgram and drive!

__

On a side note here though, I like Ron Paul. Yes, he's not perfect, and who honestly is? If you were told someone is the perfect candidate than they are just gullible and brainwashed.

The point here is that I agree with a majority of his ideals and furthermore he is far more promising in my opinion than any other potential candidate this time around just as he was last round.

I can only hope people research for a change and stop just believing what is fed to them via news outlets. (I am not referring to anyone here specifically, just the masses in general)
    Main PC: AMD FX-9590 / 16gb DDR3 2400 / AMD R9 290X @ 1100 Core & 1350mhz Mem / Win7 Pro 64bit
    Linux Boxr: AMD FX-8120/ 4gb DDR3 1866/ Nvidia GTS450/ Ubuntu 12.04
    Laptop: HP-Compaq nc8430/ Intel CoreDuo T2400 / 2gb DDR2 667/ Ati x1600 / WinXP Pro 32bit

Ron Paul is crazy...crazy like a fox. Nick, you need to jump off the mainstream media bandwagon and do some independent research. Everybody interested in maintaining the status quo is scared to death of Paul because they know he's right. And even scarier is the fact that what he's saying is gaining traction and he's gaining popularity. He was just a sideshow - a joke - last election. Now people have to take him seriously, and so the smear campaign is in high gear.

He's the only one who's different, and that's not to be admired in Washington. It makes you and regular Joes feel uncomfortable because if he's right, then what we've been told by everyone who's supposedly smart is wrong. We've been hoodwinked and our egos can't deal with it. But we have to deal with it...otherwise it's game over.
    He was just a sideshow and a joke last election. And he still is. And his supporters were saying the same thing back then "Now people have to take him seriously, and so the smear campaign is in high gear."

I impressed with the fantasy world you've created where you know exactly why he makes people uncomfortable "because they know he's right".

What makes me uncomfortable is that there are these wackadoos prattling on about how he's right about things like abolishing the EPA. But when called on the carpet and asked why that's right, they clam up and disappear.

Even absent tort reform which would cripple it further, the idea that somehow the free market and lawsuits would reduce pollution is non-defendable to the nth degree.

Someone has been hoodwinked, and it isn't me.

So, Bingo, if you want to demonstrate that your concept of everyone is so scared of Ron Paul because he is sooooOOOOooooOOOOooooooooOOOOOO right is correct, you can start by explaining to me how this free market approach to limiting pollution via lawsuits works.

And/or if you want, follow up with me on your specific problems with the EPA (those which you felt so strongly about in the thread in which you were schooled on the CAFE standards... those things you also felt so strongly about but apparently didn't understand):
    Take yours. Specific examples of the problems you feel are caused by your perception? You have taken a very strong position, but you've built it on a foundation of mushy, empty rhetoric. I am pro-recycling, but this same nonsense you keep rolling out is getting stale.
    And I'll mention Upton Sinclair's The Jungle again. You should read it. We've done Ron Paul's America before, at the turn of the twentieth century.

Ultimate Member
    From the CAFE thread:

Quote Originally Posted by The Real Bingo
    Take your pick. I cannot vote out the EPA board next election. They are unaccountable to me and to everyone else, yet they have a profound influence on our lives. So much for democracy (or representative democracy).
    The EPA is accountable to all Americans in making sure that everyone has clean air to breathe, clean water to drink and that they aren't forced to live in communities constructed atop toxic waste.

Last edited by brandon184; December 30th, 2011 at 12:19 AM.

Ultimate Member
    The silence in here is deafening.

So if the EPA fails in its mission, who do I write my letter to? Who from the EPA do I vote out next election?

The EPA is accountable to all Americans in making sure that everyone has clean air to breathe, clean water to drink and that they aren't forced to live in communities constructed atop toxic waste.
    The EPA is accountable to itself. You think in a 4-year span industry will will remove all pollution-control devices?

Ultimate Member
    So if the EPA fails in its mission, who do I write my letter to? Who from the EPA do I vote out next election?
    The EPA administrator is nominated and then confirmed by the Senate. If you have a problem with that, take it up with your elected officials. The EPA consists of federal employees. Do you want a Senate vote on each federal government hire?

Quote Originally Posted by Toadman
    You think in a 4-year span industry will will remove all pollution-control devices?
    I think that over any period of time, industry will aim to reduce costs and increase profit. I do not begrudge them that. But, as history has shown us, being good stewards of the environment is not high on the priority list of industry players and if they can "get away" with something in the name of adding short term value for stakeholders, that's what will be done.

Do you think being good caretakers of the environment is high-priority for politicians in any personal meaningful way? Other than harvesting votes.

You write your letter to the President; who appoints the administrators, commissioners, or board members of the agencies; and the Senate who confirms them. Who from the EPA do you want to vote out, and why???

Toad points out EXACTLY why you don't "vote them out next election."

Quote Originally Posted by Toadman View Post
    Do you think being good caretakers of the environment is high-priority for politicians in any personal meaningful way? Other than harvesting votes.

Why is dissolving the existing dept and others so bad? People get layed off all the time. It can always be re-instituted via Congressional approval.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

If you are already a member, please login above.

What is the color of the sky?

Thread Information