+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Supporting our military Bill in SD, CA's Avatar

Better to be pissed off than on

What were these guys thinking?

Video of Marines outrages U.S., Afghan officials

The video shows the Marines, wearing combat uniforms and carrying weapons, laughing as they urinate on three corpses, one of them bloodied. It was not clear whether the dead men were Taliban fighters or civilians.

"Have a great day, buddy," one Marine says on the video. The voice of one Marine appears to refer to a "shower" for the corpses.

Bill
    The final legacy of the United States will be that in the end liberalism shamed & destroyed the heritage of this great nation. How sad as I see no turning back. When in Rome ..

Ever seen the films of the soldiers during WW 2 who had bamboo shoots shoved under their fingernails ??? Or seen the devastating results of being a POW ???
    This ain't a damn thing, IMO. Til you're out there fighting these animals who have no regard for themselves or their own countrymen, one has no room for judgement.
    Semper Fi

Five more schools in Pakistan destroyed in Taliban campaign | World news | The Guardian

The prime minister, Yousaf Raza Gilani, yesterday promised action, but the Taliban has increased its grip on the area. Women are not allowed to go shopping and the militants run a parallel system of justice, carrying out public floggings and executing "criminals" and anyone who criticises them. During one week this month, 27 bodies were dumped overnight in a square in the centre of Mingora, which has been dubbed Slaughterhouse Square

USATODAY.com - Why the Taliban are destroying Buddhas

In Afghanistan recently, supreme Taliban leader Mullah Mohammed Omar issued an edict against un-Islamic graven images, which means all idolatrous images of humans and animals. As a result, the Taliban are destroying all ancient sculptures. Explosives, tanks, and anti-aircraft weapons blew apart two colossal images of the Buddha in Bamiyan Province, 230 kilometers (150 miles) from the capital of Kabul.
    Last edited by pickel; January 13th, 2012 at 04:13 AM.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JOtab0BKOGY
    The Nation which forgets it's defenders will itself be forgotten
    You cannot make peace with dictators. You have to destroy them–wipe them out!

Blog Entries
    So... stooping to their level, or lower, is okay? Pretty sure that's not a Marine slogan. This didn't happen during a fire fight, under pressure, or in captivity. I can't be bothered to respect someone who has no respect even for a corpse.

Doesn't mean I don't respect the Marine Corps or what they're doing just in case that comes up.

Quote Originally Posted by Whir View Post
    So... stooping to their level, or lower, is okay? Pretty sure that's not a Marine slogan. This didn't happen during a fire fight, under pressure, or in captivity. I can't be bothered to respect someone who has no respect even for a corpse.

Doesn't mean I don't respect the Marine Corps or what they're doing just in case that comes up.
    I'm saying, if you ain't there taking fire and dealing with the day to day stress of being in constant peril, one has no idea of their mindset and needs to go over there and find out for themselves before criticizing their actions.
    What gets me, is that the Government, who , I thought was totally opposed to the Taliban and there way of life, gives a damn about those who are destroying their country's peace and security.

Blog Entries
    If their mindset is bad enough that they can laugh while desecrating a corpse, they shouldn't be fighting. That kind of lack of respect for basic dignities breeds monsters.

Question: How did these Taliban get DEAD ??? If they hadn't engaged these or any other force of men in battle and stayed home, they wouldn't find themselves laying in ditch dead. Gotta kinda figure , they brought it on themselves.
    How many casualties did our boys take. How many life shattering letters send home to Moms and wives and kids ??
    If you go to a gunfight , prepare to die !!!!

If their mindset is bad enough that they can laugh while desecrating a corpse, they shouldn't be fighting. That kind of lack of respect for basic dignities breeds monsters.
    Ever hear of PTSD ????? These are the breeding grounds. Better blame those who sent these boys over there who didn't have the Balls to go themselves

Thumbs down

Whir: Next time I go to the VA for my checkup, come along and see for yourselves what ravages men have sustained for the whims of our politicians. My clinic is right next door to the POW clinic. To see these men and others half of what they were tears a hole in your heart. The aftermath of War is not pretty either.
    They need to leave this alone and go on............

Blog Entries
    I understand that you have strong feelings about this so I don't think it's productive for me to keep illustrating my point.

I can understand both sides of this argument, but don't pretend to hold the moral high ground if you can't actually occupy it.
    Never send to know for whom the bell tolls . . .

Quote Originally Posted by pickel View Post
    Ever hear of PTSD ????? These are the breeding grounds. Better blame those who sent these boys over there who didn't have the Balls to go themselves
    I love this point. Tnx, pickel . . .

I'd love to send Dick Cheney over there, but he's probably too busy. Look, I never served, but at least I'm not a hypocrite about it. To this day, I really don't know what I would have done had I been drafted for Vietnam. I think I would have gone, but cannot guarantee it. I hate these two-faced bastards who never had "time" to serve, yet pass judgement on everyone else!

Thumbs down

I understand that you have strong feelings about this so I don't think it's productive for me to keep illustrating my point.
    Edwin Starr - WAR (live in TV Show) - YouTube

Quote Originally Posted by Pexster View Post
    I'd love to send Dick Cheney over there, but he's probably too busy. Look, I never served, but at least I'm not a hypocrite about it. To this day, I really don't know what I would have done had I been drafted for Vietnam. I think I would have gone, but cannot guarantee it. I hate these two-faced bastards who never had "time" to serve, yet pass judgement on everyone else!
    Don't get me started on Dick Cheney.

Blog Entries
    does desecration, name calling, dehumanization reduce PTSD? If every time you shoot it is not a ding to ones morals, If they think it is the right thing to do, does it result in less stress?

As far as this event goes, I consider this an impulse, you had to pee, these assholes just tried to kill you and injured your friends. I simply can see it happening on occasion, it may not be nice, I don't recommend it, I would not give them a medal for it.

Punishments from KP, taking away weekend liberty to possibly bumping them back a paygrade would be about as far as I went.

Killing them was the biggest problem for them, I am pretty sure these dead guys don't care as much about being peed on as the whole dying thing.

Ask them if you have the choice, PFC Smith is going to piss on you and we are going to send you away, or shoot you and not pee on you. What would their choice be 9 times out of 10

Quote Originally Posted by pickel View Post
    Don't get me started on Dick Cheney.
    Yeah, he was too "busy" to serve, but had no qualms about sending our young people over to fight wars that he fabricated reasons for. What a douchebag!

Supporting our military Bill in SD, CA's Avatar
    I think I'm more stunned that they were stupid enough to shoot video.

Bill
    The final legacy of the United States will be that in the end liberalism shamed & destroyed the heritage of this great nation. How sad as I see no turning back. When in Rome ..

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill in SD, CA View Post
    I think I'm more stunned that they were stupid enough to shoot video.

Bill
    The biggest problem I have with the event is the fact these idiots video'd it as well.

ok ok fun you peed on a dead guy woooo hooo! But do you need to record your stupidity for all to see?

Yeah, you gotta' be pretty stupid to purposefully record evidence of your crime . . .

Blog Entries
    crime is a bit strong, I don't think this rises above indiscretion.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

If you are already a member, please login above.

What is 10 and 5 added together?

Thread Information