+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Gingrich rips into CNN moderator over question about affair

CHARLESTON, SC — Newt Gingrich exploded at the moderator at last night’s GOP debate — turning a question about a stunning report that he sought an “open marriage” with his ex-wife into an all-out assault on the media.

Gingrich’s outburst came on the night that ABC aired a bombshell interview with Marianne Gingrich in which she unloaded on him for carrying on a lengthy affair “in my bedroom in our apartment in Washington” and for ultimately seeking a divorce — all while speaking about “family values” in DC.

The former House speaker won over the audience last night with his furious defense, in which he blamed an “elite media” for trying to tear him down.

Asked by CNN’s John King whether he’d like to respond to the explosive charges, Gingrich responded, “No, but I will,” to a roar of applause from the crowd.

“I think the destructive, vicious, negative nature of much of the news media makes it harder to govern this country, harder to attract decent people to run for public office, and I am appalled that you would begin a presidential debate with a topic like that,” he said.

“Every person in here knows personal pain,” he continued, scowling. “Every person in here has had someone close to them go through painful things. To take an ex-wife and make it two days before a primary a significant question in a presidential campaign is as close to despicable as anything I can imagine.”

He noted that his two daughters had written the head of ABC asking them to pull the interview.

“I am frankly astounded that CNN would take trash like that and use it to open a presidential debate,” he said.

When King noted that the story “did not come from our network,” Gingrich snarled, “John, it was repeated by your network. You chose to start the debate with it. Don’t try to blame somebody else,” earning even more applause.
    Gingrich blasts CNN moderator for question on affair - NYPOST.com

You can watch this part of the debate here,
    Gingrich delivers show-stopper at beginning of South Carolina debate - CNN.com
    Research is what I'm doing when I don't know what I'm doing

Light to Counter the Dim MTAtech's Avatar
    Anybody that's done the things Newt has done has lost the right to call anyone else's behavior "despicable."
    Conservatives: "If the facts disagree with our opinion, ignore the facts -- or at least misrepresent them."

Quote Originally Posted by MTAtech View Post
    Anybody that's done the things Newt has done has lost the right to call anyone else's behavior "despicable."
    Tell us what is what you find so despicable in his behavior?

Quote Originally Posted by mad1 View Post
    Tell us what is what you find so despicable in his behavior?
    I dunno, perhaps sleeping around with other woman not-his-wife while championing family values and the sanctity of marriage -- at the same time lambasting Clinton for something he was at the time doing himself.

Telling his wife in her hospital bed that he's leaving ranks up their too.
    Conservatives: "If the facts disagree with our opinion, ignore the facts -- or at least misrepresent them."

MTA - He broke it off with both ex's when they were ill. Great character that Gingrich has...
    To those who might be saying goodbye, take your sadness in stride as you walk toward the beautiful horizon.

Quote Originally Posted by nickslick74 View Post
    MTA - He broke it off with both ex's when they were ill. Great character that Gingrich has...
    He must have not heard that, "in sickness or health" part.

So you are voting for Romney?
    Obama: "If you like your Ebola, you can keep your Ebola!"

I dunno, perhaps sleeping around with other woman not-his-wife while championing family values and the sanctity of marriage -- at the same time lambasting Clinton for something he was at the time doing himself.

Telling his wife in her hospital bed that he's leaving ranks up their too.
    FactCheck.org : The Gingrich Divorce Myth

Quote Originally Posted by Chuckiechan View Post
    So you are voting for Romney?
    No, but I'm enjoying watching the GOP "candibalism."

How about him asking wife for an open marriage? That's a good one for the Value Voters...lol
    “Religion: Together we can find the cure.”

There are a lot of politicians on both sides afraid of Gingrich. He's a hard charger, take no prisoners tactician. He plans to shake up the "status quo". He's got some harsh ideas, but he's no fool.

His ideas of reform are ideas he actually plans to push if elected, as opposed to the usual "elect me first, and I'll see what we can do" clap trap we hear every cycle.

Gingrich wants to become another Reagan. As as historian, he wants to make a name for himself. I find his sense of history refreshing.

And, FYI, today's "Swing states" are: Florida, Ohio, Virginia, and Pennsylvania. So the real fight in the other states are for "down ticket" races.

So unless you live in those swing states, have fun, but fun is all it is. You aren't going to influence anything.

BTW, how many of you are watching the debates?

BTW2: another fun program is the "Five" on Fox during the day. You can Tivo it. It's a pretty cool political talk program, plus they have "Miss Everhot" Dana Pernio, and her two cute side kicks...
    Last edited by Chuckiechan; January 20th, 2012 at 02:37 PM.

Goverment property now GroundZero3's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I think it's an important that people know everything about a person's character who is gonna try to run this country good or bad.

It speaks volumes about that person decision making And what kind of person he is.
    Newt Gingrich: Marriages, Divorces, Affairs Timeline

There are a lot of politicians on both sides afraid of Gingrich. He's a hard charger, take no prisoners tactician. He plans to shake up the "status quo". He's got some harsh ideas, but he's no fool.

His ideas of reform are ideas he actually plans to push if elected, as opposed to the usual "elect me first, and I'll see what we can do" clap trap we hear every cycle.

Gingrich wants to become another Reagan. As as historian, he wants to make a name for himself. I find his sense of history refreshing.
    I think we can see for ourselves what Gingrich is. He's a hypocrite in his personal life and a hypocrite in his business life. He's a person that railed against big government and then used his contacts in big government to line his own pockets to the tune of a $100 million.

Then you shouldn't vote for him.

Blog Entries
    Bah I don't know if you can learn anything about people from their divorce habbits.

Who you decide to live with the rest of your life can change by so many avenues. A loveless relationship where you both detest eachother can be the result even with the best of intentions. People change, relationships change. The person you marry can be quite a different person 10 years later through little or no fault of your own.

Affairs are a bit dishonest you should bite the bullet and dump the spouse who you no loner get along with before starting a new relationship. But I have seen situations where one spouse or the other makes things intollerable but divorde is too expensive, family situation delays and you in essence are married to someone who you no longer love.

It is all too complex for 30 second headline gotcha journalism.

I have seen people who are great people in other aspects of their lives that are dicks in marriage as well. So divorced, cheating does not make or break ones ability to be full of character in other places of their life.

MLK ??? not a man of integrity. Do we regard Dr king as being a man of honor or a conman thief or liar?

I believe that Thomas Jefferson, JFK, FDR, and Harding were all caught cheating yet are pretty well regarded and they apparently were quite promiscuous. Harding is the only one of these people who was not held in high regard .

Even WJC is not exactly thought of as a horrible president by many.

I used to be a believer in the whole infidelity thing being an indicator moral character elsewhere but the facts simply do no bear it out.

What you do in your bedroom really is a separate part of character.
    Last edited by Epidemic; January 20th, 2012 at 04:07 PM.

The Jiggawatts, Marty! tony_j15's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    BTW2: another fun program is the "Five" on Fox during the day. You can Tivo it. It's a pretty cool political talk program, plus they have "Miss Everhot" Dana Pernio, and her two cute side kicks...
    I think we've just discovered why Chuck always manages to only get half the story.
    All 1.21 of them.

Quote Originally Posted by GroundZero3 View Post
    I think it's an important that people know everything about a person's character who is gonna try to run this country good or bad.

It speaks volumes about that person decision making And what kind of person he is.
    Newt Gingrich: Marriages, Divorces, Affairs Timeline
    His first wife was his HS geometry teacher and he was bumping uglies with her while he was still a student?

My favorite part of all of it is where he blames the huge boner he has for America for being the reason he was sleeping around so much!

This campaign season is fun.

This campaign season is fun.
    You got that RIGHT !!!!!!!!!!!

Newt puts John King is his place !!!

Absolutely, the BEST come back in History !!!!!

Go Newt..

The Democrats are waiting
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JOtab0BKOGY
    The Nation which forgets it's defenders will itself be forgotten
    You cannot make peace with dictators. You have to destroy them–wipe them out!

Goverment property now GroundZero3's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Epidemic View Post
    Bah I don't know if you can learn anything about people from their divorce habbits.

Who you decide to live with the rest of your life can change by so many avenues. A loveless relationship where you both detest eachother can be the result even with the best of intentions. People change, relationships change. The person you marry can be quite a different person 10 years later through little or no fault of your own.

Affairs are a bit dishonest you should bite the bullet and dump the spouse who you no loner get along with before starting a new relationship. But I have seen situations where one spouse or the other makes things intollerable but divorde is too expensive, family situation delays and you in essence are married to someone who you no longer love.

It is all too complex for 30 second headline gotcha journalism.

I have seen people who are great people in other aspects of their lives that are dicks in marriage as well. So divorced, cheating does not make or break ones ability to be full of character in other places of their life.

MLK ??? not a man of integrity. Do we regard Dr king as being a man of honor or a conman thief or liar?

I believe that Thomas Jefferson, JFK, FDR, and Harding were all caught cheating yet are pretty well regarded and they apparently were quite promiscuous. Harding is the only one of these people who was not held in high regard .

Even WJC is not exactly thought of as a horrible president by many.

I used to be a believer in the whole infidelity thing being an indicator moral character elsewhere but the facts simply do no bear it out.

What you do in your bedroom really is a separate part of character.
    Your missing the big the big picture when it comes to newt and the conservative views on marriage and family values. Something newt has shown he hasn't cared about not once, twice, but at least three times. You don't think the choices they make in their personal life affects their decision making? He has chosen poorly several times.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

If you are already a member, please login above.

What is 10 and 5 added together?

Thread Information