+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 21
  1. #1
    All We Are Asking Networker4321's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    The Farm
    Posts
    6,139

    Mention of Muslim in IIJM

    Det,

    Last night I commented in IIJM, in response to posts of election results, that if the Muslim stays in the WH four more years even jobs like those of Howste and mine could go away.

    Since I have a lot of respect for you, I just wanted to know if your sensibilities were offended by:
    1. Referencing politics in IIJM
    or,
    2. Calling Obama a Muslim

    There was no way I could have dragged the post to which I responded into DIMO and I do feel strongly about how Obama has hurt the working man.

    Just askin'

  2. #2
    Fact Checker Gomer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2000
    Location
    Barely DC
    Posts
    10,095
    Quote Originally Posted by Networker4321 View Post
    Det,

    Last night I commented in IIJM, in response to posts of election results, that if the Muslim stays in the WH four more years even jobs like those of Howste and mine could go away.

    Since I have a lot of respect for you, I just wanted to know if your sensibilities were offended by:
    1. Referencing politics in IIJM
    or,
    2. Calling Obama a Muslim

    There was no way I could have dragged the post to which I responded into DIMO and I do feel strongly about how Obama has hurt the working man.

    Just askin'
    I think calling Obama a Muslim is pretty stupid and is indicative that the rest of what you think has little merit.

  3. #3
    All We Are Asking Networker4321's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    The Farm
    Posts
    6,139
    Quote Originally Posted by Gomer View Post
    I think calling Obama a Muslim is pretty stupid and is indicative that the rest of what you think has little merit.
    Well GOMER, I wasn't talking to you. You didn't check your facts did you? I don't worry at all about YOUR opinion. You're pretty much a joke in here.

    I KNOW where I stand and who my friends are. I don't think you have that data. On me or on yourself,,,

  4. #4
    Ultimate Member Chuckiechan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2001
    Location
    Sacramento, El Norte
    Posts
    16,608
    I don't think Obama is a Muslim. I believe he is an atheist who "touches" the bible to cover his ass with the media. He really has no interest in religion, and could care less.

    Having said that, if you believe that America is fractured into several different Americas, then you can understand why many people feel Obama is "not an American".

    He is. He just represents a different America than various people live in.

    That is the natural off shoot of class warfare and why it works. And the worse the economy, and the more unhappy people you have, and the more effective class warfare is.
    Obama is a deer caught in history's headlights.

  5. #5
    MR Meek and Mild Epidemic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    almost Virginia
    Posts
    11,445
    Blog Entries
    2
    If Obama is a muslim he is a really really really bad one.

    he went to a christian church for 20 years at least and never attended mosque.

    He misses his 5 prayers a week to mecca.

    All in all he blew it as a muslim.


    As far as his true belief I would guess that his attendance of church is more political than faith based but... Who know what really goes on in anyones mind.

  6. #6
    All We Are Asking Networker4321's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    The Farm
    Posts
    6,139
    Quote Originally Posted by Chuckiechan View Post
    I don't think Obama is a Muslim. I believe he is an atheist who "touches" the bible to cover his ass with the media. He really has no interest in religion, and could care less.

    Having said that, if you believe that America is fractured into several different Americas, then you can understand why many people feel Obama is "not an American".

    He is. He just represents a different America than various people live in.

    That is the natural off shoot of class warfare and why it works. And the worse the economy, and the more unhappy people you have, and the more effective class warfare is.

    First, I have been appreciating your signature block. I like it.

    Yes, there is class warfare. But I think this administration has orchestrated all of it. I agree too that America is fractured. Probably 5 different ones and split along geographical lines. The North, The South (though Florida may think a bit like the North. The Upper NW. The West coast all the way in to Nevada and then, The Bread Basket. That's where I find myself. Not bad, not as impacted due to percentage of pop. engaged in Agri-Business. Fairly self-sufficient people. Like gardens, including mine, are doubling in size this year. We split an entire beef and a hog with my parents and sister/bro-in-law. Even eggs,bread and dairy is plentiful with the two huge Amish communities. Roads are FULL of horse drawn carriages. My wife has a large horse business, the Amish buy every foal every year. ANY food you have to buy has doubled in price in the last year and we see gas increases but as a farm we buy tax free 500 gal at a time both diesel and gas.

    We all share. We feed over 500 families a week at the Food Pantry. That's funded by the local churches. Big increase over a year ago.

    I don't know where it will stop but I see anarchy looming. The people will only be oppressed for so long. Martial law would have no effect here. Too big a militia already.

    Going to get "interesting". So if Obama has no interest in religion and say he is not a bona fide Muslim, why does he spend so much time appeasing them and alienating our long term allies? Did you know that on his first day in office he sent the bust of Churchill in the Oval Office BACK to the British P.M. ?

  7. #7
    The Jiggawatts, Marty! tony_j15's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Joplin, MO
    Posts
    16,346
    Blog Entries
    1
    Oh, boy.

    Even for DebateIMO, this thread ain't worth the debatin'. The opening statement put up for debate is based on fallacy and conjecture without a shred of evidence to back it up.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Mention of Muslim in IIJM-like-thread-going.jpg  
    All 1.21 of them.

  8. #8
    Rather Large Member Beemer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2001
    Location
    Vernon, BC, Canada
    Posts
    10,201
    Comments saying in essence that Obama isn't religious enough are forgetting that there is no religious test for public office so don't try to create one when the office is filled. Obama cannot simply point to the teachings of his religion. He has to be accessible to people of all faiths, including those with no faith at all. He has to act on the behalf of all with a compelling government reason for his actions.

    Why does he have to be anything, religious or atheist? I'm guessing you would prefer religious for obvious reasons.

    Sorry but he swore to uphold the secular Constitution of the United States. (Of course the Constitution is more in line with agnostic, humanist and atheist thinking and not the religious.) Sucks don't it? Don't worry, There's still wiggle room for your fictional beliefs as a personal right.
    “Religion: Together we can find the cure.”

  9. #9
    Banned sharder8's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2001
    Location
    Uh, Central Oregon
    Posts
    10,341
    Blog Entries
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by Networker4321 View Post
    Well GOMER, I wasn't talking to you. You didn't check your facts did you? I don't worry at all about YOUR opinion. You're pretty much a joke in here.






    Harder

  10. #10
    Rather Large Member Beemer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2001
    Location
    Vernon, BC, Canada
    Posts
    10,201
    Quote Originally Posted by tony_j15 View Post
    Oh, boy.

    Even for DebateIMO, this thread ain't worth the debatin'. The opening statement put up for debate is based on fallacy and conjecture without a shred of evidence to back it up.
    I thought I would play anyway even though an idiot birther started the thread...lol

    I don't call people names very often but this guy deserved it.
    “Religion: Together we can find the cure.”

  11. #11
    Fact Checker Gomer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2000
    Location
    Barely DC
    Posts
    10,095
    Quote Originally Posted by Networker4321 View Post
    Well GOMER, I wasn't talking to you. You didn't check your facts did you? I don't worry at all about YOUR opinion. You're pretty much a joke in here.

    I KNOW where I stand and who my friends are. I don't think you have that data. On me or on yourself,,,
    Apparently the fact that this is not your private forum is lost on you.
    Last edited by Gomer; February 29th, 2012 at 03:14 PM.

  12. #12
    Rather Large Member Beemer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2001
    Location
    Vernon, BC, Canada
    Posts
    10,201
    I thought this forum was created with me in mind?
    “Religion: Together we can find the cure.”

  13. #13
    MR Meek and Mild Epidemic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    almost Virginia
    Posts
    11,445
    Blog Entries
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by Beemer View Post
    Comments saying in essence that Obama isn't religious enough are forgetting that there is no religious test for public office so don't try to create one when the office is filled. Obama cannot simply point to the teachings of his religion. He has to be accessible to people of all faiths, including those with no faith at all. He has to act on the behalf of all with a compelling government reason for his actions.

    Why does he have to be anything, religious or atheist? I'm guessing you would prefer religious for obvious reasons.

    Sorry but he swore to uphold the secular Constitution of the United States. (Of course the Constitution is more in line with agnostic, humanist and atheist thinking and not the religious.) Sucks don't it? Don't worry, There's still wiggle room for your fictional beliefs as a personal right.
    There is no religious requirement. But it is fair game when he claims religion and is not. We should debate the religious claims of people (especially if proven false)

    In essence if you claim to be religious for political gains then you have lied to get into office.

    I know it is not practical but I would love to see people in office who are agnostic admitt it. of course then they would likely be out of office based on polls I have seen.

    So if you seek office and are aheist or agnostic you would be best served to keep it to yourself or lie.

  14. #14
    Banned sharder8's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2001
    Location
    Uh, Central Oregon
    Posts
    10,341
    Blog Entries
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by Beemer View Post
    I thought this forum was created with me in mind?
    You're RIGHT Beemer . . . you in your mind!


    Harder

    Just having fun doing a little trolling today . . .

  15. #15
    What? SoloCamo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Burning in Florida
    Posts
    15,233
    Blog Entries
    4
    Quote Originally Posted by tony_j15 View Post
    Oh, boy.

    Even for DebateIMO, this thread ain't worth the debatin'. The opening statement put up for debate is based on fallacy and conjecture without a shred of evidence to back it up.
    Agreed. I think Det is wise enough to stay out of these parts as well
    Main PC: AMD FX-9590 / 16gb DDR3 2400 / AMD R9 290X @ 1100 Core & 1350mhz Mem / Win7 Pro 64bit
    Linux Boxr: AMD FX-8120/ 4gb DDR3 1866/ Nvidia GTS450/ Ubuntu 12.04
    Laptop: HP-Compaq nc8430/ Intel CoreDuo T2400 / 2gb DDR2 667/ Ati x1600 / WinXP Pro 32bit

  16. #16
    Rather Large Member Beemer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2001
    Location
    Vernon, BC, Canada
    Posts
    10,201
    "There is no religious requirement. But it is fair game when he claims religion and is not. We should debate the religious claims of people (especially if proven false)"

    There is no reason to think Obama is not a man of his religion, Christianity. There are no true Scotsman anyway. Obama doesn't have to cater to religious ideals of any religion and this is what Christians are upset about. He doesn't see things their way. It's about fear mongering coming from the Religious Right working its way down into the moderate Christians. The Conservatives are trying to build up their religious base for the election as they rely on this demographic to follow the carrot. Conservatives have been doing this for years promoting a man who seems religious and might even be religious but as we all know, a mans religion is his own and should not use his religion when making decisions in the Whitehouse. So if Obama is reluctant to wear his religion on his sleeve it isn't a bad thing. It actually shows he has integrity and is not about to force stupid legislation based on his sectarian beliefs. DOMA is a fine example of what can happen when the opposite is true.
    “Religion: Together we can find the cure.”

  17. #17
    MR Meek and Mild Epidemic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    almost Virginia
    Posts
    11,445
    Blog Entries
    2
    of course it is a bitch to try and prove someones beliefs false.

  18. #18
    Rather Large Member Beemer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2001
    Location
    Vernon, BC, Canada
    Posts
    10,201
    What should it matter. Obama if anything has done what you believe should be done. He's a moderate Christian. He never claimed to be an evangelist for Christ.
    “Religion: Together we can find the cure.”

  19. #19
    All We Are Asking Networker4321's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    The Farm
    Posts
    6,139
    Quote Originally Posted by Beemer View Post
    I thought I would play anyway even though an idiot birther started the thread...lol

    I don't call people names very often but this guy deserved it.

    Well, sticks and stones. I am not a birther and usually, the individual that runs the Healthcare practice for one of the world's largest software companies isn't an idiot. I have lived around the world, all over the US and was a forensic chemist at New Scotland Yard for 3 years.

    Wait! Was it Adlai Stevenson? "He who slings mud generally loses ground"

  20. #20
    Ultimate Member Chuckiechan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2001
    Location
    Sacramento, El Norte
    Posts
    16,608
    Quote Originally Posted by Networker4321
    why does he spend so much time appeasing them and alienating our long term allies?
    He's trying to hold it together until the election is over. He just doesn't know what to do, and a sudden increase in dead GI's is going to have to make print and that will hurt his re election chances. The MSM can't cover his ass forever.

    Obama's sole existence as president is to change America into a Green, unionized, socialist country. Everything else is secondary.

    Obama, in a nutshell is cowering in fear because he does not know what to do and he doesn't trust his advisers, but he knows our enemies smell his fear.

    And whatever deal he cut with the Taliban to "chill out" until the election is over, is unlikely to hold. Once we are 'thin' enough, all hell is going break loose in Afghanistan ala Viet Nam with people hanging off the helicopter skids.

    Fortunately, they aren't a true army like the N. Vietnamese, but the are more fanatic and will fight to administer the coup de grace to the American pretense.

    EDIT:
    Apparently the fact that this is not your private forum is lost on you.
    Nor is it yours to hijack every thread due to parts of speech that don't meet your high standards of what someone really meant. You sound like a lawyer with a chip on his shoulder and at the end of the day, add nothing of substance to the topic.
    Last edited by Chuckiechan; February 29th, 2012 at 10:16 PM.
    Obama is a deer caught in history's headlights.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

If you are already a member, please login above.

What planet do we live on?

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. IIJM Part Dos
    By jokostel in forum IMO Community
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: November 1st, 2007, 12:34 PM
  2. IIJM?
    By xelnanga in forum General Tech Discussion
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: November 16th, 2006, 09:48 PM
  3. IIJM? or...
    By xelnanga in forum IMO Community
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: October 31st, 2006, 01:47 AM
  4. IIJM Member Elimination Game
    By xelnanga in forum IMO Community
    Replies: 625
    Last Post: April 2nd, 2006, 07:53 PM
  5. Recruiting People For the next IIJM Elimination Game!
    By xelnanga in forum IMO Community
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: March 30th, 2006, 07:07 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Copyright 2014 All Enthusiast, Inc