+ Reply to Thread

The New Politics of Discrimination

The New Politics of Discrimination | The Blog on Obama: White House Dossier

There’s a new racket in town, and President Obama is running it.

After Sen. John McCain said on the morning of November 14 that UN Ambassador Susan Rice was not qualified to be Secretary of State because of her erroneous assertions that the Benghazi consulate attack was prompted by an anti-Muslim video, the discrimination police descended, unleashed by Obama himself.

The tactic was effective. Sunday, McCain backed down.

Spurred perhaps by the success of his presidential campaign’s efforts to smear Gov. Mitt Romney, Obama had launched a counteroffensive against McCain and other critics of Rice, suggesting the boys were picking on her because she’s a girl:

But when they go after the U.N. Ambassador, apparently because they think she’s an easy target, then they’ve got a problem with me. And should I choose, if I think that she would be the best person to serve America in the capacity of the State Department, then I will nominate her.

The comments, made during a press conference the afternoon of November 14, were paternalistic and patronizing. He would not have offerred such a defense for a male adviser.

Obama’s allies in the smear racket took the hint.

Two days later, a dozen female House members, most of them African American, charged McCain had revived the Republican war on women and that he’d added blacks to the list too.
    Rice is guilty of not bothering to check her information. She has access to secret information which certainly included enough to make the case that maybe she should be more circumspect and not be a Obama's flunky.
    "The Obama Administration is almost over. It is the end of an error."

Blog Entries
    Apparently you also have access to said secret information?

She was sent because she didn't know, and thus couldn't embarrass the prez with her answer. She knew nothing. That was her job.

But the article is really about being called a racist for questioning her abilities when she sits down to be interview for Secretary of State.

Ultimate Member
    Rice's comments will have to withstand scrutiny, and I don't see where labels of racism are justified in this scenario. But your claim that the charges of racism are some official decree from Obama are completely unfounded.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Chuckiechan View Post
    Rice is guilty of not bothering to check her information. She has access to secret information which certainly included enough to make the case that maybe she should be more circumspect and not be a Obama's flunky.
    The only one guilty of "not bothering to check information" here is you.

Rice didn't know because the talking points she received from the CIA omitted references to terrorism.

So if one is going to embrace unfounded conspiracies, then logic dictates that she was set up and played by the President as part of his nefarious scheme to do.....
    I'm sorry, what's the evil goal of the President in all this?
    Oh, right. There is none. Just a bunch of haters hatin'.
    Get off of my roof!

Hey, little Miss Racebaiter, the article was not about what she knew or didn't know. It's right up your alley. Read it.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Chuckiechan View Post
    Hey, little Miss Racebaiter, the article was not about what she knew or didn't know.
    Then why did you write:
    Rice is guilty of not bothering to check her information. She has access to secret information which certainly included enough to make the case that maybe she should be more circumspect
    You quite clearly claim that Rice is a guilty party (to some unknown, unfounded crime). As such, it is fair game for a reply, especially as my rebuttal introduces facts that show your position to be less than accurate.

But by all means, feel free to to continue calling me names and changing the subject. We all know that's what you do when you have nothing further to back up your position.
    Get off of my roof!

On the other hand - McCain was a pig for making such a big deal of why the Benghazi consulate was attacked.
    The propeller is just a big fan in front of the plane used to keep the pilot cool. When it stops, you can actually watch the pilot start sweating.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve R Jones View Post
    On the other hand - McCain was a pig for making such a big deal of why the Benghazi consulate was attacked.
    McCain IS A PIG.

As a Naval Veteran, this latest Manic episode of McBush, has left me a very bad taste
    in my mouth and a great loss of respect for a man who has survived the atrocities of war.
    On the other hand, I think his mind is rapidly slipping away. First he lost his Presidential bid. And ,now, RMoney got blown out of the water now, and it's more than his fragile mind could take.
    He needs to, quietly, take his ass to Arizona and fade away graciously. Once and for ALL !!!!!!!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JOtab0BKOGY
    The Nation which forgets it's defenders will itself be forgotten
    You cannot make peace with dictators. You have to destroy them–wipe them out!

And you are referring to what, exactly? That Mc Cain said he didn't support Rice because she is incompetent to lead Dept of State? He even backed off since he was called a racist misogynist for questioning her abilities.

Last I checked, it was the Senate's job to vet nominees, and was doing Obama a favor by suggesting someone else.

For example, not to many people would object to John Kerry at State. I think that would be a good pick. But instead, Obama want to put him in Dept of Defense as a FU to everyone who has ever worn a uniform.

Your idiot president doesn't think. All he wants to do is start fights.

Blog Entries
    I didn't realize nominating a man who served and was injured in Vietnam was a "big FU" to service people....

anywho, on topic, Miss Rice apologizes for her inaccuracies.
    Susan E. Rice, the ambassador to the United Nations, conceded on Tuesday that she incorrectly described the attack on the American mission in Benghazi, Libya, in September as following a spontaneous protest, rather than being a terrorist attack. But she said she based her statement on the intelligence available at the time and did not intend to mislead the American public.
    Get off of my roof!

I didn't realize nominating a man who served and was injured in Vietnam was a "big FU" to service people....
    I wouldn't expect you to.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

If you are already a member, please login above.

What is 10 and 5 added together?

Thread Information