+ Reply to Thread

WTF? Thousands of Doctors Fired by UHC (Medicare Advantage) in Connecticut

WTNH - Thousands of doctors fired by United HealthCare | WTNH.com Connecticut

Hmmm... waiting for the rest of the story...

NEW HAVEN, Conn. (WTNH)-- In the midst of major changes in health care, United HealthCare has sent thousands of pink slips to Connecticut doctors.

Termination letters went to physicians caring for Medicare patients.

Those letters were sent out to doctors caring for 'Medicare Advantage' patients.

It's a plan, marketed to Seniors to provide additional services through UnitedHealthCare.

A mix of primary care and specialty doctors are affected by it. And it comes at a questionable time.

Open enrollment for Medicare starts next Tuesday, and it's still not clear at this time as to which doctors are still in the United network.

The Connecticut State Medical Society is fighting back. The biggest concern is patient access to healthcare.

"What the government is looking for is to manage better care by adding a patient centered medical home so that you have a doctor who is totally invested with taking care of every aspect of the patient and coordinating it. This is clearly not a patient centered decision," said Dr. Michael Saffir, President of CT State Medical Society.

Dr. Saffir says the State Medical Society is in contact with UnitedHealthcare. They are also asking doctors to call United to find out why they were terminated without cause as notified in the letter.

He recommends that Seniors affected by this should call the office of the HealthCare Advocate of Connecticut.

United Healthcare's spokesperson is sending News 8 a statement which has not yet been received.
    This couldn't have anything to do with Democare would it?
    Over heard in a restaurant: "How do you want your eggs?" the waitress asked. "NFL Style. Beaten"!

THis will give more access to health care.
    Research is what I'm doing when I don't know what I'm doing

I'm suspicious.. no one else is reporting it. And this is a big deal.
    Over heard in a restaurant: "How do you want your eggs?" the waitress asked. "NFL Style. Beaten"!

Blog Entries
    Well, WTNH is ABC, not Fox, so possibly there's some kernel of fact involved.
    Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored. -- Aldous Huxley

Since its not the New York Fraud and none of Obama's other news outlet sources are reporting it is probably true.
    Research is what I'm doing when I don't know what I'm doing

It's on Fox too, but it's basically a reprint. Or plagarism as Theo would call it.

I mentioned it in another thread but was glazed over. Open enrollment in employer-sponsored health programs usually occurs around 10/31. Figure it out from there as the free-market adjusts.
    Last edited by Toadman; October 11th, 2013 at 10:55 PM.

So does this mean all of these people are booted onto the exchanges? The subsides, BTW, are a gift. I don't know if the law was written to make them something other than taxable income.

Why have doctors when you can even sign up for Obombma Care ??????

I'm sure their 401K's have more money in them than their patients...
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JOtab0BKOGY
    The Nation which forgets it's defenders will itself be forgotten
    You cannot make peace with dictators. You have to destroy them–wipe them out!

"You can keep your doctor"

Once again, another broken "promise" from Obozo. . .
    Unofficial TechIMO record holder for the number of times being added and removed from beemer's ignore list.

So does this mean all of these people are booted onto the exchanges?
    And ask yourself why the employer mandate has been postponed 12 months while free enrollment is offered now.

This is the only other article I can find.

Doctors, Patients Scramble To Determine Effects Of UnitedHealthcare Cutting Doctor Network - Hartford Courant

This is similar to what Humana did with my Rheumatologist's group earlier this year. They were going to drop almost all of the rheumatologists in the SA area from their network, leaving only 3 remaining that took Humana. A month later I got a letter from my doctor saying that Humana accepted a new contract and they were not going to be dropping my doctor.

The thing with UHC is just on a much larger scale. They want to cut costs, but are not willing to discuss how they are going to cut costs and why they chose those doctors to drop. Hopefully CT and UHC can agree on a new contract before the end of the year.

This kind of stuff happens a lot, and it happened before ACA. Back when I was working for UHC, I would get a notice every year from my PC that UHC was going to drop them from their network, only to have them work out a new contract before the end of the year. One of those years, part of the new contract was that I could no longer get my blood work done at my PC's office, I had to go to a Labcorp to get bloodwork.
    One by one the penguins steal my sanity.

TechIMO Folding@home Team #111 - Crunching for the cure!

It sounds like a power play to get doctors to accept lower pay for services.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

If you are already a member, please login above.

What is 10 and 5 added together?

Thread Information