+ Reply to Thread

Admiral: Carrier gap in Persian Gulf hinders war effort

Admiral: Carrier gap in Persian Gulf hinders war effort - Middle East - Stripes

Adm. John Richardson conceded the effects of a two-month gap in carrier presence — the first since 2007 — under intense questioning from Sen. John McCain, R-Ariz., as the Senate Armed Services Committee weighs whether to approve the admiral’s nomination as chief of naval operations.

“Without that carrier, that will be a detriment to our capability, yes, sir,” Richardson said.

“So, now you believe that land-based air can replace the presence of a carrier?” McCain asked.

“It reduces the president’s options,” said Bryan McGrath, former naval officer who now runs the consulting firm FerryBridge Group. “Aircraft carriers are so powerful because we can relatively quickly move it in position where we need it and use it without anyone’s permission.”
    Obombma's Navy.

Pathetic....

A Far Cry from JFK's....
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JOtab0BKOGY
    The Nation which forgets it's defenders will itself be forgotten
    You cannot make peace with dictators. You have to destroy them–wipe them out!

Barry penned "Dreams From My Father".

JFK penned "Profiles In Courage".

Therein lies the difference.

Think about it. Military forces have evolved through the ages. Initially, it was ground only. Then came ground and sea. Then came ground, sea and air.

Our modern day carriers are basically a floating city with a perfect blend of sea and air power capabilities rolled into one. They bring a heck of a lot of military might in their presence. Heck, they can now even treat wounded and injured in hospital like settings, convert thousands of gallons of salt water into fresh water, and so on. However, they are meaningless if not properly deployed.

Drones are cool as a minor support force, however, they're not something I would employ in lieu of military personnel.

Now just think about the past evolution of military warfare. It went from ground, to ground and sea, to ground, sea and air. So what's next? If you said "Space" you get the kewpie doll. JFK realized it, Reagan realized it, however Barry is clueless, which is why we're now using Russia, Europe and Japan just to send our astronauts and stuff up in near Earth orbit to the ISS. So much for the Space Race. Right now we're not even out of the starting blocks. What a shame.
    Mojo
    I don't always exercise, but when I do it's my Constitutional right to bear arms.

All We Are Asking Networker4321's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mojo Risin' View Post
    Barry penned "Dreams From My Father".

JFK penned "Profiles In Courage".

Therein lies the difference.

Think about it. Military forces have evolved through the ages. Initially, it was ground only. Then came ground and sea. Then came ground, sea and air.

Our modern day carriers are basically a floating city with a perfect blend of sea and air power capabilities rolled into one. They bring a heck of a lot of military might in their presence. Heck, they can now even treat wounded and injured in hospital like settings, convert thousands of gallons of salt water into fresh water, and so on. However, they are meaningless if not properly deployed.

Drones are cool as a minor support force, however, they're not something I would employ in lieu of military personnel.

Now just think about the past evolution of military warfare. It went from ground, to ground and sea, to ground, sea and air. So what's next? If you said "Space" you get the kewpie doll. JFK realized it, Reagan realized it, however Barry is clueless, which is why we're now using Russia, Europe and Japan just to send our astronauts and stuff up in near Earth orbit to the ISS. So much for the Space Race. Right now we're not even out of the starting blocks. What a shame.
    Mojo,

I'm with you on all your points. I'm ashamed of "US" on every front Hussein has touched. Now he is trying to take credit for the economic recovery of the last 8 years. What recovery?

The wife and I will be celebrating with a small glass of Burgundy and our Bibles as Trump is sworn in on the 20th. It will be awesome to reclaim our place in the world as Number 1 in everything. Trump will make that happen.

That is a good looking boy as your avatar. I'm guessing it's your son?

Networker

Quote Originally Posted by Networker4321 View Post
    The wife and I will be celebrating with a small glass of Burgundy and our Bibles as Trump is sworn in on the 20th. It will be awesome to reclaim our place in the world as Number 1 in everything. Trump will make that happen.
    Don't forget to read some verses from Two Corinthians!

Donald's Christian values shining through:

THE DONALD FOR AMERICA

Blog Entries
    Russia has one carrier, steam-turbine propelled. China has one, bought unfinished from Russia, and refitted (with one under construction).

The US has ten in service (all nuclear powered), one in reserve, and two under construction. Pathetic.
    Last edited by Theophylact; January 9th, 2017 at 10:11 PM.
    L'hypocrisie est un hommage que le vice rend à la vertu. --François de La Rochefoucauld

No, Theo. Obama is a black gay Muslim who has destroyed America's ability to defend itself. Haven't you been watching FOX Newz?

Russia is your pal now, too, so maybe just use their carrier since Obama sold some of yours for marijuana cigarettes to give them to his gay buddies in Chicago.
    THE DONALD FOR AMERICA

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by Theophylact View Post
    Russia has one carrier, steam-turbine propelled. China has one, bought unfinished from Russia, and refitted (with one under construction).

The US has ten in service (all nuclear powered), one in reserve, and two under construction. Pathetic.
    Pathetic , indeed.

Ain't the Navy I was in....

What a JOKE !

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chines...rrier_Liaoning

Aircraft carried:

24 Shenyang J-15
    6 Changhe Z-18
    4 Changhe Z-18J
    2 Harbin Z-9
    Total of 36 fixed wing and rotary wing aircraft.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/USS_Independence_(CVA-62)

Typical air group in the late 1990s:
    14 F-14 Tomcat,
    36 F/A-18 Hornet,
    4 EA-6B Prowler,
    4 E-2C Hawkeye,
    8 S-3/ES-3 Viking,
    3 SH-60F Seahawk,
    2 HH-60 Seahawk

Blog Entries
    What I've learned from this thread is that we need a carrier in the Gulf for our war effort (that we're not in), that JFK's navy would smoke Obama's (obviously blatantly stupid, and wrong), and that Trump is going to make us number one at everything again (because he's white and a Republican).

I kinda remember the "Cuban Missile Crisis" during the Cold War where Russian Ballistic missiles were sent there and the US set up a Naval blockade and that ended it. The presence of US Naval might can suddenly become pretty imposing when it is looking you straight in the face. Kinda like do or die! Your choice.
    Mojo
    I don't always exercise, but when I do it's my Constitutional right to bear arms.

I kinda remember the "Cuban Missile Crisis" during the Cold War where Russian Ballistic missiles were sent there and the US set up a Naval blockade and that ended it. The presence of US Naval might can suddenly become pretty imposing when it is looking you straight in the face. Kinda like do or die! Your choice.
    WE called their bluff.
    The USS Independence task force shut their @$$ down !!
    Hoping Trump will have the same same backbone as our WW2 Sailor President .

We can compare JFK to Barry. Methinks we would never have an Iran Treaty or a space program which states, "I will not proliferate space". Therein lies how the Left has morphed. As I have stated previously, JFK put a man on the moon, Barry put a man in the ladies bathroom. Kinda says it all. I doubt "The Donald" could do much worse.
    Mojo

Kinda says it all. I doubt "The Donald" could do much worse.
    Well, reports today from British and American intelligence, which Obama and Trump have both already received briefings on, are telling us that Trump engaged in a urine orgy in a Russian hotel room which the Russians may or may not have video of. So perhaps he can do worse.
    THE DONALD FOR AMERICA

Blog Entries
    I don't think that the man who bragged about grabbing women by the pussy can be blackmailed about kinky sex.
    L'hypocrisie est un hommage que le vice rend à la vertu. --François de La Rochefoucauld

Maybe not, but it would be fun to watch his supporters do the mental gymnastics to excuse a Russian piss orgy, just as they had to do mental gymnastics to excuse his bragging about rape as "locker room talk". All the while claiming that they adhere to "Christian values".
    THE DONALD FOR AMERICA

Quick Reply Quick Reply

If you are already a member, please login above.

Thread Information