+ Reply to Thread
    Blog Entries

Trump's a coward

For three straight press conferences he's called on only right-wing outlets for questions:
    President Donald Trump called on exclusively conservative news outlets for his third press conference in a row on Wednesday, leading CNN White House correspondent Jim Acosta to comment afterward: “The fix is in.”

Over three press conferences with world leaders – Japanese Prime Minister Shinzo Abe, Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau and Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu – Trump called on two outlets in each, respectively: the New York Post and Fox Business; Sinclair Broadcasting-owned WJLA and the Daily Caller; and Christian Broadcasting News and Townhall.com

During the joint press conference with Abe on Feb. 10: The New York Post’s Daniel Halper asked Trump: “Thank you, Mr. President. I'm curious about yesterday's ruling in the 9th Circuit Court. Has it caused to you rethink your use of executive power and how will you respond, and will you sign new executive orders and perhaps a new travel ban?”

Fox Business’ Blake Burman asked Trump: “Thank you, Mr. President. I'd like to pick up where Daniel left off, if you don't mind. You said earlier this week, and I'm quoting for you, you said “I've learned a lot in the last two weeks and terrorism is a far greater threat than the people of our country understand. But we're going to take care of it.” Based off of what you have learned, and now knowing that your executive order is at least temporarily on hold, do you still feel as confident now as you have been at any point that you and the administration will be able to protect the homeland?”

During the joint press conference with Trudeau on Feb. 13: WJLA’s Scott Thurman asked Trump: “Thank you, Mr. President. You just spoke about the desire to build bridges, although there are some notable and philosophical differences between yourself and Prime Minister Trudeau. I’m curious, as you move forward on issues from trade to terrorism, how do you see this relationship playing out, and are there any specific areas with which, during your conversations today, you each decided to perhaps alter or amend your stances already on those sensitive issues, like terrorism or immigration?”

The Daily Caller’s Kaitlan Collins asked Trump: “Thank you. President Trump, now that you’ve been in office and received intelligence briefings for one month, what do you see as the most important national security matters facing us?”

During the joint press conference with Netanyahu on Feb. 15: Christian Broadcasting Network’s David Brody asked Trump: “Thank you, Mr. President, Mr. Prime Minister. Both of you have criticized the Iran nuclear deal and at times even called for its repeal. I'm wondering if you are concerned at all as it relates to not just the national security adviser, Michael Flynn, who is recently no longer here, but also some of those events that have been going on with the communication of Russia, if that is going to hamper this deal at all and whether or not to keep Iran from becoming a nuclear state. And secondly, on the settlement issue, are you both on the same page? How do you exactly term that as it relates to the settlement issue? Thank you.”

And Townhall.com’s Katie Pavlich asked Trump: “Thank you, Mr. President. You said in your earlier remarks that both sides will have to make compromises when it comes to a peace deal. You've mentioned a halt on settlements. Can you lay out a few more specific compromises that you have in mind, both for the Israelis and for the Palestinians?”
    L'hypocrisie est un hommage que le vice rend à la vertu. --François de La Rochefoucauld

Blog Entries
    The Daily Caller...

Theo,
    You seriously need to evaluate the time you spend posting meaningless anti-trump posts here.
    Research is what I'm doing when I don't know what I'm doing

Quote Originally Posted by mad1 View Post
    Theo,
    You seriously need to evaluate the time you spend posting meaningless anti-trump posts here.
    To those who might be saying goodbye, take your sadness in stride as you walk toward the beautiful horizon.

Quote Originally Posted by mad1 View Post
    Theo,
    You better leave Theo alone !!
    It, only, takes him 3/4 to an hour to decide to a "Preview" before actually clicking on the "Post" box.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JOtab0BKOGY
    The Nation which forgets it's defenders will itself be forgotten
    You cannot make peace with dictators. You have to destroy them–wipe them out!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by pickel View Post
    You better leave Theo alone !!
    It, only, takes him 3/4 to an hour to decide to a "Preview" before actually clicking on the "Post" box.
    True. It's because I actually edit my posts to get rid of errors, both factual and typographical, beforehand.

Some people don't care whether they look like idiots. If I do, it's not for want of care.
    L'hypocrisie est un hommage que le vice rend à la vertu. --François de La Rochefoucauld

Prof. of DooGlian Studies MegalosSkylaki's Avatar

Who to call on, Who to Quote...

It is poignant piece of criticism to belabor the President for calling on Reporters --supposedly--because they might be more sympathetic in their questions , although I don't really see that---when the Poster is himself citing and linking largely websites e.g. TPM (!) of a certain ideological bent.

I myself have no problem citing articles across a wide spectrum and often do. By the way, National Review, a "Journal of Conservative Opinion" has opposed the Presidency of Donald Trump from the Primaries.

Having said that I would point out that this --who he likes to call on-- is rather small potatoes considering the very real problems we have with the current President which include his

a) ongoing problems with the Intelligence and Security services which seems to me far more serious than who he calls on--like he should call on his enemies ??

b)Trump Says Leakers In His Admin 'Will Pay A Big Price' If CaughtByEsme CribbPublishedFebruary 16, 2017, 11:47 AM EDT

President Donald Trump said Thursday that leakers within his administration will "pay a big price" for passing information to the press.
    "You're going to get those leakers, Mr. President?" a reporter shouted to Trump during a pool spray as he met with members of Congress.
    "Yep, we're going to find the leakers. We're going to find the leakers," Trump said. "They're going to pay a big price for leaking."
    http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewir...-pay-big-price

I recall a President who was so taken aback by "leaks" within the White House that he organized a unit called "the Plumbers" I recall it did not end well for him or the Country.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~`

c) the growing mistrust of whether we have elected a "Manchurian President" which even if we have not the mistrust undermines the capability and swiftness of response in an era when anything can happen with the speed...with the speed of, say a 'tweet'.

ByMatt ShuhamPublishedFebruary 16, 2017, 11:22 AM EDT
    The Russian government has instructed state media outlets to cut back on favorable coverage of U.S. President Donald Trump, according to Bloomberg.

Citing three unnamed people familiar with the matter, Bloomberg reported Thursday that the Kremlin had justified the instruction to cut back on coverage by saying that Russian viewers weren’t interested in the details of Trump's nascent presidency.

The decision, Bloomberg noted, came on the heels of the ouster of Trump’s national security adviser, retired Lieutenant General Michael Flynn, who sat with Putin at a media event in Moscow in 2015 and is widely reported in Russia to be a sympathetic voice in Washington.

It also came after a tweet from Trump Wednesday, in which he said the nation had "TAKEN" Crimea:
    ABOVE from >>
    http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewir...trump-coverage

Flynn is gone. Trump is still here. Putin is still a dictator who can, well dictate to his Press, and we still have a problem that transcends how nice the questioning is or what posters at TechIMO chose to cite for their linkeys.

++++

Of all the various and sundry problems--like picking an anti-environmental to head the Environmental protection Agency ( ) or the very real issues of National Security stemming from the alleged communication issues between the President and the Security services AND--

and- and a Congress that seems to have forgotten that under the Constitutional scheme of things that the Legislative branch, well legislates and the Executive branch, well executes what was legislated and that Government by Executive Order is as unconstitutional under Mr. Trump as it was under Mr. Obama, differeing only in that Trump seems to be doing it more.

The "choice' or "how nice" those Orders are or were is irrelevant when they usurp Congressional prerogatives --even when Congress is in gridlock --or as here overly- compliant.

Courtesy MegalosSkylaki
    " A DooG for Various and Sundry Quotations"
    Last edited by MegalosSkylaki; February 16th, 2017 at 03:29 PM.
    FIRST TEN YEARS ANNIVERSARY HONOR ROLL
    this April 18th, 2014 and will be Officially Celebrated That Day! SEE http://www.techimo.com/forum/imo-com...ml#post1070600

PS. What is Trump gonna do to "leakers" ? Take away their urinals ? Make 'em wear diapers ?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by MegalosSkylaki View Post
    I myself have no problem citing articles across a wide spectrum and often do.
    And that's a good thing. I only wish that they were more frequently related to the thread topic.

Cool Billionaire 'PLUMBER' in White House !

Quote Originally Posted by MegalosSkylaki View Post
    PS. What is Trump gonna do to "leakers" ? Take away their urinals ? Make 'em wear diapers ?
    Now we're really gonna see where the 'Leaks' are coming from ?

And they said, Theodore Roosevelt was Prez during the "gilded Era" !

Plus Trump is also a noted Conservationist, as evinced by his liking for 'GREEN' !

Now what did Cerberus stand for in Mythology ??

White House taps billionaire to head intelligence review
    WASHINGTON — President Donald Trump said Thursday his administration has asked a New York-based private equity executive to lead a review of the U.S. intelligence community as he moves to crack down on "illegal leaks" of classified information.

Trump told reporters that Stephen Feinberg, co-founder of Cerberus Capital Management, "is a very talented man, very successful man" who has offered his services.

Trump added, "I think that we are gonna be able to straighten it out very easily on its own."

Feinberg has been asked to make recommendations on improvements to efficiency and coordination between the various intelligence agencies, a senior White House official said earlier Thursday. Feinberg's position is not official until he completes an ethics review, the official said.

The news emerged as Trump seeks to replace national security adviser Michael Flynn, who resigned at Trump's request this week.

PS. Deputy Commander at Central Command Robert Harwood turned down Mr. Trump's invitation to replace Flynn.

I guess we should worry when the third or fourth...and fifth..also turn down the job.

To insure that doesn't happen....who was that Sheriff of Maricopa County, AZ, who would have made a good "reality" TV--and in other ways--fit for the Trump administration ?

AH !
    Television and media coverage
    Arpaio has, throughout his tenure as sheriff, sought out media coverage. He has been featured and profiled by worldwide news media, and claims to average 200 television appearances per month.

In late 2008 and early 2009, Arpaio appeared in Smile...You're Under Arrest!, a three-episode Fox Reality Channel series in which persons with outstanding warrants were tricked into presenting themselves for arrest.
    It would be Great !
    Last edited by MegalosSkylaki; February 16th, 2017 at 11:04 PM.
    FIRST TEN YEARS ANNIVERSARY HONOR ROLL
    this April 18th, 2014 and will be Officially Celebrated That Day! SEE http://www.techimo.com/forum/imo-com...ml#post1070600

Quick Reply Quick Reply

If you are already a member, please login above.

Thread Information