July 30th, 2008, 07:24 PM #1
FolderChat: Audiworld is going down!
We're overtaking a team tonight that's been on the radar for a while.
I guess while I'm spamming, I'll post stats.
Team Rank: 269
-TechIMO's Top 20-
1 Karmakiller 9,500-- 458,115
2 2monsters 8,072-- 349,830
3 engracio 7,617-- 1,673,651
4 vikeor 3,764-- 118,807
5 no1_vern 3,480-- 1,105,602
6 mrniceguytech 2,451-- 591,159
7 eagle1 2,331-- 51,370
8 ArcticFox 1,325-- 9,279
9 PS3 912 --300,908
10 Chuckiechan 552-- 197,096
11 vass0922 471-- 75,823
12 cunokyle 439-- 42,421
13 Jynxedu 257-- 67,170
14 mathew 221-- 5,180
15 jack 114-- 2,090
16 nunyadam 97-- 35,476
17 him61 72-- 3,781
18 J-Marc 71 --33,110
19 HISOKA 71-- 750
20 butch81385 68-- 9,485
I see some new names on the list.
July 30th, 2008, 08:43 PM #2
Hey folders, for those of you smp client users have youse guy updated to the new 6.22beta client? Sorry Nunya but you can still use 6.22 as single core without the -smp argument.
Any luck on the update? The 5.91/2 client is suppose to expire 2 Aug 2008.
One of my box is acting up and I need to get that fix first before any update. Its the boss lady's itune box. The hard drive is corrupt running scandisk on it as we speak.
July 30th, 2008, 08:55 PM #3
6.22 client eh?
Actually, I'm 67% through the SMP WU. I'm gonna wait till it's done.
So probably tomorrow I'll update and test. I found a thread talking about how it was slower, but then there is a fix already. SO, it sounds like it's gonna be a fun one to install.
July 31st, 2008, 07:59 PM #4
July 31st, 2008, 08:51 PM #5
I did that too on all four of my boxes. Since I have been using the -deino client, I chose that and extracted the zip file to its own folder. Stopped the fah smp client, copied and pasted all files from the new client. Renamed the executable to fah6. Reran the client with -configonly argument to make sure that nothing changed. Started the client and been crunching since this morning. Hope its a better beta client, at least it won't expire this weekend.
July 31st, 2008, 10:02 PM #6
Engracio you should throw step by step instructions in kk's sticky for those of us who cant get it running. lol
July 31st, 2008, 10:34 PM #7
August 1st, 2008, 11:21 AM #8
Whats a Beta Client? j/k
August 1st, 2008, 03:38 PM #9
August 1st, 2008, 05:05 PM #10
August 1st, 2008, 06:13 PM #11
You and your partner crime 2monster, just about ready to jack up Mrniceguytech. Yes indeed, I seeeee youse.
August 1st, 2008, 06:17 PM #12
August 1st, 2008, 06:41 PM #13
New gpu client:Folding@home - DownloadWinOther
We've released new clients (v 6.20). For those running GPU clients (or other clients with an expiration deadline of August 2), please check these clients out.
* Service installation in Vista with the GPU client doesn't work (noted in FAQ-NVIDIA and FAQ-ATI2)
* If you're updating a service from a pre 6.20 client, you need to remove the old service first. (Currently being edited into relevant FAQs)
Here's what's new in the 6.20 client:
* Added Forums to systray menu.
* Support cpu affinity by default, this is related to an nVidia problem and awaits core-side changes.
* Add additional parameters field in advanced preferences - no more shortcut editing!!!
* UNSTABLE_MACHINE count reset after a correctly finished WU, for long-running systems
* Open configuration dialog box when invalid settings detected
* Fixed core launch directory which caused auto-upgrades to fail if core was present in "Program Files"
* Added additional advanced config options to console clients
* Added MachineID selector in systray gui
* Client shows PRCG on results upload
* Passkey now validated for hex content
* Moved service installation to advanced config to prevent inadvertant use
* Log date and time when automatically attempting to upload results.
* Correctly restore system tray icon when shell (explorer.exe) crashes
* Significantly improved queueinfo
* Multiple copies of the client can no longer be started with the same "start in" dir
* Automatically increase packet limit to max size for results that are too large
* Failed uploads will be attempted again using alternative upload port (8080->80 and 80->8080)
* Removed spurious "benchmarking..." messages
* Added extra_parms support to console clients
* Extra parameters are validated at configuration and launch time. Invalid settings will force reconfiguration
* Fixed and updated service installation to allow use of working directories
* Added ATI FireStream 9170 detection
* Compressed Vista icon to reduce size of executable (saves ~ 200kb)
* Updated MyFolding.html to match folding.stanford.edu style
Engracio nice job with the addition to the sticky
Last edited by 2monsters; August 1st, 2008 at 07:01 PM.
August 1st, 2008, 06:54 PM #14
2monster thanks for the info but I am still keeping an eye on you two.
KK with his water cooling and your gpu and another quad you been eyeballing.
August 1st, 2008, 07:20 PM #15
August 1st, 2008, 11:44 PM #16
No subterfuge here. What you see is what you get, it ain't much but its points for the team.
August 2nd, 2008, 09:57 AM #17
Any of you having problems with the new SMP?
My client stopped overnight, and in the log file it said
"ERROR Ex1" "This is a sign of a more serious problem"
I've reinstalled already, with the same outcome..
August 2nd, 2008, 10:35 AM #18
Karma, are you getting EARLY_UNIT_END issues along with that error? You might be experiencing the same problem as discussed in this thread at H|F: 6.22 SMP - stability still a problem - [H]ard|Forum
Short version: As a band-aid fix, you can set the CPU usage to 90% -or- switch back to the 5.91/5.92 client, as they have been re-packaged with a later expiration date due to the instability of 6.22.
August 2nd, 2008, 10:48 AM #19
I don't get the early_unit_end. It won't even start the WU for me. I think I messed something up upon installing, but what, IDK.
If they extended the 5.9x versions, I'll probably just use them. They worked. lol
But thanks for the info.
August 2nd, 2008, 11:31 AM #20
No, no problem so far other than the cpu on the task manager looks like it is not 100% utilized. It seems Stanford found the solution by changing the client settings. The client from Kasson of Stanford is located on this thread, Folding Forum • View topic - Not using 100% CPU usage with Deino?.
When I copied the new executable, cpu usage jumped right back up to 100%. Someone thought it is just an eyewash issue but I like my cpu usage to 100% instead of being variable.
The bigger problem I am having right now is my lone gpu client could not get a new wu. Hopefully it comes back up soon.
Users Browsing this Thread
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)
By nunyadam in forum Distributed ComputingReplies: 6Last Post: June 12th, 2008, 10:38 PM
By nunyadam in forum Distributed ComputingReplies: 38Last Post: April 22nd, 2008, 03:47 PM
By Cmptr-Gy-Dv in forum Distributed ComputingReplies: 22Last Post: April 3rd, 2008, 11:39 PM
By Cmptr-Gy-Dv in forum Distributed ComputingReplies: 169Last Post: April 3rd, 2008, 08:53 AM
By Cmptr-Gy-Dv in forum Distributed ComputingReplies: 276Last Post: March 24th, 2008, 07:00 PM