+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 ... LastLast
    PC Upgrade Procrastinator ShyguyXPC's Avatar
    LOL, after I posted it, I thought about that "Oh crap, Nude's not going to be able to read all of that on the Blackberry, LOL"
    i7 940//Corsair H60//EVGA X58 SLI LE//6GB Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz//2x EVGA GTX 560 Ti FPB SLI//NZXT Hale82 850W//CM 690 II Advanced//Win7 64//WD 74GB V-raptor, 750GB Black, 1.5TB Green

TechIMO Folding@home Team #111 - Crunching for the cure!

[He who is Nude..] Nude_Lewd_Man's Avatar
    ...and you were right...
    I've seen the light... It was green, flashy and attached to a Network Interface Card...
    Whenever someone says "You can't miss it", I invariably do...

TechIMO Folding@home Team #111 - Crunching for the cure!IE Team111 FAQs TEAM STATS Apps

All We Are Asking Networker4321's Avatar
    I need to hear that story!
    "A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way" - Mark Twain

shy. I am starting to think you and me have way too much in common. Scary really.

I never did much programming but computers just make sense, i dont understand how people cant understand it. Maybe i think too logically?

Anyways, hopefully you got a lil off your chest about the family issue.

LOL, not nearly enough, but it'll have to do for now LOL.

At least for Labor Day Weekend, My Youngest Brother and his Fiance (He's 25 and She's 36, She's even 3 years older than me LOL), and her 17 year old Daughter, and MAYBE their new Puppy, will be coming up to visit and meet the family for first time, have been conversing and what not on phone and facebook for awhile now though.

DJ, my brother just got back from Iraq for 6 months last week, and the Justice of the Peace "Wedding" will be sometime next month I think, or sometime in the next 2 months, but they plan on having a Regular Wedding in about a Year from now, possibly have it up here, where most of the family is, since its only her and her Daughter and Youngest Sister (her Youngest Sister is in the USAF along with my Brother, Both in Security Forces, though I think she does more office work or something where she is), down in Kansas, and her daughter will be heading to college next Fall anyways, most of the rest of her family over here are up in Toronto (she named the dog that too LOL, Toronto), and the rest of her family is "back home", Portugal, Azores to be exact.

so anyways, they may be having the wedding up here next year. but will be legally married for almost a year before the big family and friends wedding.

She seems to be pretty nice though, and appreciates everything he does for her, etc... its just odd the age difference between them, I mean there's a 9 year difference between me and my brother, and 11 year difference between him and her. not that it really matters, but its one of those things you just can't seem to shake out of your mind and always has you wondering.
    i7 940//Corsair H60//EVGA X58 SLI LE//6GB Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz//2x EVGA GTX 560 Ti FPB SLI//NZXT Hale82 850W//CM 690 II Advanced//Win7 64//WD 74GB V-raptor, 750GB Black, 1.5TB Green

There's an 11 year difference between me and G too.....
    I've seen the light... It was green, flashy and attached to a Network Interface Card...

TechIMO Folding@home Team #111 - Crunching for the cure!IE Team111 FAQs TEAM STATS Apps

high five to him for the older woman!

I swear if someone DOES NOT start cracking down on the f*cking Moron of an Idiot Dude111, I'm Leaving this freaking Site, I'm sick and tired of his Dumb ass raising freaking Old, dead threads, to comment on them, "Thank you that was very informative", "That was an interesting read", etc etc...

I picture him as some Gimped up Dumb sh*t sitting behind a desk with NO life what so ever other than to annoy the crap out of people on the countless forums he's a member of.

He's stuck in the 80's with the Old games or Yore, and thinks Anything and everything of modern times is crap, He's entitled to his own opinion, but the reasons he uses are just play ignorant and lame.

I'm sorry, the Some how the storyline to Half Life pales in comparison to freakin Donkey Kong?

Give me a freakin break, granted the latter was a Pioneer as well as many other games of the era, in Video games, but they CAN NOT compare, in Story Telling, Visual Communications of the Story, and Game play to games of the last 10-15 years.

Its Like comparing silent films and animated flip books from the turn of the century to Modern Day Big Budget movies.

sure they were pioneers and led to modern movies, but modern movies with their stories, visual affects and sound give you a greater sense of the story and more of a "in the movie" feel than the old methods.

the amount of Threads this idiot has revived since last night, from 5 years ago, 7 years ago, and even EIGHT FREAKING YEARS AGO, just to comment on it, not add to it, is just ridiculous.

I'm getting sick of Clicking the new threads list, only to open a thread on the list, that looked newer, find out the first post was from 2002, and as I scroll to the bottom, Low and Behold, it was replied to by none other than Dude111.

Now some times he does post something useful, entertaining, etc, but more often than not, its useless crap. and even crap he himself proclaims he would never use, or whatever, and I'm thinking to myself, Why The F are you posting this in the first place then?

I'd say 90+% of his 1000+ posts have been nothing but worthless Crap, since the day he came here...

And I've been saying it since then as well.

and look what we have, He's the Equivalent of the Annoying "Adoring Fan" from Elder Scrolls Oblivion, your constantly trying to find creative ways to Kill him and get rid of him, on occasion he does come in handy, being used as a Human Shield, when in combat, etc...

but the rest of the time, he's just an annoying Gnat that won't go away.

The Only reason I have so much time on here as of late, last 3+ months, is because of my freakin Medical issues I've had, Cancer, and what not.

otherwise I'd be working a lot this summer (My Department has been short of help, and some of the new little shits my manager stupidly hired, have not really been working out too well, he claimed he was not going to hire anymore high school kids due to their lack of responsibility over the years, and whats he do? you got it, 2 High school kids. )

When My Manager Heard I might be back in 3 weeks or so, at least partially, he was ecstatic and joyous to say the least, which says a lot right there.

anyways, between the spammers, and the idiotic Noob posts, I'm just getting sick and tired of seeing Dude's asinine lame Necro thread Responses, and those old threads being brought right back up to the top of the list of New Threads/posts when I check in at various times.

in many ways he's worse than most spammers that come by here. They at least create a new thread, not dredge up the old, dead ones.

Quote Originally Posted by Nude_Lewd_Man View Post
    There's an 11 year difference between me and G too.....
    Quote Originally Posted by nemowolf View Post
    high five to him for the older woman!
    Nothing wrong with it, just that age difference keeps popping into my mind.

I'm not computer Stupid, but Not to Savvy....

Graphic Card (GeForce 250) & Motherboard Compatibility

Hmmm, Not going to say anything as you guys probably already know what I think, but yeah... (especially Nemo, LOL)

Can't find the PSU info, but is "Computer Smart" enough to read the Mobo model from the mobo in the case and find the specs on that...

Riiiiiight...

Some simple steps, find out the dimensions of the card... not too hard to do, since their looking at an XFX card, go to their site and get that info.

open your case, and measure, very simple to do, look for potential Obstructions.

Check for adequate air flow.

Check to make sure you HAVE a PCIe x16 Slot.

Check the Specs for your Power Supply and make sure its powerful enough to run the card.

seriously, how Difficult is that to do?

if one is competent enough to figure out how to program a Remote for the TV, or use a Cellphone these days, or even an MP3 player, which coincidentally IS, harder to learn, then why do these simple things elude so many people these days.

Maybe that Recent Study about Today's College kids being dumber than ever really is true, I don't know, but its starting to scare me that people just seem to be getting dumber and dumber these days.

at least this one has a glimmer of hope, and was able to find the Mobo Info on their own, just needs a bit of coddling and coaxing (not in a bad way), to think a bit more IMO.

I had zoomed in to read the posts, so I hadn't seen who wrote it, but got about a paragraph in before I was confident to put money on who it was...
    Code:
     Nothing doing, just forcing a break in the post from my BlackBerry...
    TBH, I'm not the sort of person who could comment on whether part X will match with part Y and PSU Z, as I'm not a 'speccie techie'... Sure, armed with the details of the MoBo, I would be able to make an educated guess as to whether a GPU would fit, but I couldn't answer as to whether the PSU would be able to provide sufficient juice...not without asking on here or OCn... Actually, I prolly wouldn't have been able to tell you what MoBo was in a computer until about the last 18~24 months...

Quote Originally Posted by nemowolf View Post
    Oh also ... think I'm moving to Maui.
    Urban Dictionary: haole

Okay, so I found out that there was an SMP WU that finished about 0630 UTC yesterday, but because of the flakiness of LAP03, it had sat there for over 24 hours trying to get out of the WLAN...even though all other devices could get out to teh webz.. (This is part of the reason I'm gonna wipe it)

I've fixed that now, and the WU has submitted. Hopefully it will count the bonus from the time it completed, not from when it was submitted...

Anyway, just about to do a full format on the HDD and hopefully resolve the borked section of the disk, then I'm gonna create a 100~150 GB partition on there (it is currently 100 GB on the 250 ("232.88 GB") drive) and install W7 on there..

I'll create another partition of ~50 GB for temporary backups (for when it is out of the W/LAN, for intermittent backups...full backups on the W/LAN, all data is stored on the server anyway) and I might see about installing Ubuntu or similar on the remaining disk space, as long as I can get it to register with my AD domain...

Once I've got it set up, I'm gonna shove F@H on it, and I'll be able to test out W7 with the 6.30 version...

BTW, if anyone has any experience of getting any version of Linux to play properly with M$ Active Directory and the like, I'd like to hear from you... Not that I honestly expect that any of us will have, I seem to be one of only a couple on here that have any working knowledge of AD or server infrastructure..

Quote Originally Posted by nunyadam View Post
    LOL. Yes i will be!

Okay, I have good news and bad news...

GOOD:
    I've fecked about all day and have now got LAP03 running W7 Ultimate (x86) and fully up to date with M$ updates, and have even managed to get it backed up...

Oh, and I've also worked out what was wrong with WKS01 too...

BAD:
    I've found that the CPU that is/was in WKS01 has died... No reason behind it, as it was running fine the last time it was used, even shutting down was done properly before taking it out of the case and getting WKS04 put in it.. It hadn't even been OC'ed...........ever..!!

All We Are Asking Networker4321's Avatar
    At least one of us has good news. Well, I have good and bad too.

The 295 rig is just quietly folding along at about 12K PPD,,,is the good news
    The GTS 250 won't fold, it just will NOT. Trying to get the core to open up,,no luck.
    It keeps wanting to download FAHcore_78 but that file is already in the folders and when it is downloaded it responds "download error".

I may require/request some "LogMeIn" support from you or Shy
    "A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way" - Mark Twain

I can't do anything just now, as I'm gonna head off to bed shortly, but I can do tomorrow afternoon....

I should be home at around 16:20 (BST, which equates to 11:20 EDT) and will have roughly an hour before I need to head out to get Gina and Tia.........if that suits..

Delete the work folder for it and restart up F@H for that GPU, should kick in and redownload a new job and start folding... if and when ever that is, that it gets stuck on a job on my end, thats what I've done.

IDK about deleting the 'Work' folder, but certainly the contents of it....but only when that Folding instance isn't running..
    Code:
     Nothing doing, just forcing a break in the post from my BlackBerry...
    Basically, stop that client, delete everything in the 'Work' folder for the client, then fire the client back up...

Well, deleting the work folder itself still works too, if you deleted your config file as well, when you reload up F@H and go through all your setup options and the program starts, it will create a new Work folder and download the jobs to it.

but yeah, deleting all the work in the folder itself is probably a better idea, saves time from having to reconfig F@H again.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

If you are already a member, please login above.

What is the color of the sky?

Thread Information