+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Quote Originally Posted by ShyguyXPC View Post
    ...2012 fast approaching LOL.
    What do you mean? 2012 was released 13 November 2009! Oh wait, that was a movie.

Blog Entries
    I'm not complaining... Its about time us 'Worldwide' peeps get first dibs...

Will let you guys know how awesome it is when I get it.
    I7 920 @ 4.2Ghz/6GB//GTX480 SLI/M4 64 GB + 1.5 TB + 2x 640 GB/Corsair TX950/ASUS blu-ray/ASUS P6X58D-E + X-Fi /LC PCK62

TechIMO Folding@home Team #111 - Crunching for the cure!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Aaron_8015 View Post
    I'm not complaining... Its about time us 'Worldwide' peeps get first dibs...

Will let you guys know how awesome it is when I get it.

Bahhhhhh!

Blog Entries
    Count down clock is at T - not too long

Officially about a month. If history is any indicator though, you can multiply that by at least 12.

Goverment property now GroundZero3's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Countdown... T-minus two days. Hail the King, Baby!

Duke Nukem Forever Official Website

Wanna bet it gets pulled from stores within a week?

My copy shipped...

"Your shipment was accepted/picked up at 6:26 pm on June 13, 2011 in LOUISVILLE, KY 40221 . "

Hail to the king, baby!

I never believed this day would come...
    Fifteen men on a dead man’s chest;
    Yo ho ho and a bottle of rum;
    Drink and the devil be done for the rest;
    Yo ho ho and a bottle of rum.

Will you be surprised when you get the wrong game delivered?

Blog Entries

Blog Entries
    the game is kinda fun, but 12 years of development is rediculous. The content is on a par with games that take a couple of years development.

The physics engine is average, interactivity so far has been ok graphics I think are not at par with today.

I really liked the original Duke 3d, perfect balance of crass and gross for it's day. of course it is only about half way to San Andreas so it is not as crass as some.

I am not unhappy I bought it but I feel somewhat jipped in that a product with this many years in development really really really should be stunning in some aspect.

PC Upgrade Procrastinator ShyguyXPC's Avatar
    What I find funny is all the negative reviews on it, and yet many of these outlets along with their fan/follower base has been bitching and moaning about releasing the game already, even if its not completely finished due to waiting for it for 10+ years.

So, Gearbox gets the game, finishes whats left of it, releases it as is, and now all these people are bitching and moaning about how much it sucks... You get what you asked for, simple as that. Besides I thought the way this game plays according to the review was a staple of Console Gaming, typical Corridor shooters, with crappy story lines? So why are they so surprised? There's not too many Console Shooters that truly let you explore the environment, even if they let you go off the beaten track to some degree, its still only lets you follow a single path, Duke 3D was the same way, just that you had to search out various items in the levels before moving on.

I'm just glad the game is finally out, it may not be the epic game Duke 3D was, but at least its out, and I will eventually buy it, but at $50 right now for PC, forget it, if it were 10-15 cheaper I'd consider.

I'm sure Serious Sam 3 will be released for the near $40 price tag like its predecessors were, making it a more interesting buy. Hopefully they'll have some more comical low blow/sucker punch references to Duke in this one like the last 2 games, I still remember the one level in the 2nd or 3rd game (forget which) the swamp level with the crashed rocket ship or whatever it was, and a Duke-like character who didn't survive the crash, I forget the comment Sam made, but it was pretty funny.
    i7 940//Corsair H60//EVGA X58 SLI LE//6GB Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz//2x EVGA GTX 560 Ti FPB SLI//NZXT Hale82 850W//CM 690 II Advanced//Win7 64//WD 74GB V-raptor, 750GB Black, 1.5TB Green

Blog Entries

Blog Entries
    Oh no I see what you are talking about, its the third secret in this video

YouTube - ‪Serious Sam 2 some funny secrets‬‏

PC Upgrade Procrastinator ShyguyXPC's Avatar
    Yeah, but this video has a better version of it, starts at about 5:50 into the video:

YouTube - ‪Serious Sam 2: Planet Magnor - Forsaken Compound Part Two [Remaining Secrets Found]‬‏
    i7 940//Corsair H60//EVGA X58 SLI LE//6GB Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz//2x EVGA GTX 560 Ti FPB SLI//NZXT Hale82 850W//CM 690 II Advanced//Win7 64//WD 74GB V-raptor, 750GB Black, 1.5TB Green

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ShyguyXPC View Post
    What I find funny is all the negative reviews on it, and yet many of these outlets along with their fan/follower base has been bitching and moaning about releasing the game already, even if its not completely finished due to waiting for it for 10+ years.

So, Gearbox gets the game, finishes whats left of it, releases it as is, and now all these people are bitching and moaning about how much it sucks... You get what you asked for, simple as that. Besides I thought the way this game plays according to the review was a staple of Console Gaming, typical Corridor shooters, with crappy story lines? So why are they so surprised? There's not too many Console Shooters that truly let you explore the environment, even if they let you go off the beaten track to some degree, its still only lets you follow a single path, Duke 3D was the same way, just that you had to search out various items in the levels before moving on.

I'm just glad the game is finally out, it may not be the epic game Duke 3D was, but at least its out, and I will eventually buy it, but at $50 right now for PC, forget it, if it were 10-15 cheaper I'd consider.

I'm sure Serious Sam 3 will be released for the near $40 price tag like its predecessors were, making it a more interesting buy. Hopefully they'll have some more comical low blow/sucker punch references to Duke in this one like the last 2 games, I still remember the one level in the 2nd or 3rd game (forget which) the swamp level with the crashed rocket ship or whatever it was, and a Duke-like character who didn't survive the crash, I forget the comment Sam made, but it was pretty funny.
    I figured a game in 12 years of development would have had more content than most games. Even if it was not quite to George's dream. This is a game that is akin to one with 2 or 3 years of development 4 years ago.

I think 3d realms was not managed well and the dnf project was not so much launched prematurely but rather it is 10 years late.

I don't hate it. I was hoping for more of a grand theft type world. With more free roaming.

Oh well I would not hire George or 3d realms for my next game. :-)

Blog Entries

And I still haven't found the time to play the game... Still shrink wrapped. No big deal, I waited ages for it to come out.
    Fifteen men on a dead man’s chest;
    Yo ho ho and a bottle of rum;
    Drink and the devil be done for the rest;
    Yo ho ho and a bottle of rum.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

If you are already a member, please login above.

What is the color of the sky?

Thread Information