+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Binds in RTCW

Binds in RTCW

Anyone know how to bind the straffing to the left and right keys ?

Just installed RTCW 10 minutes ago,and from the looks of things,it might have to be a combo alias/script type deal.I have not looked deep into it yet(I'm hoping someone has done this)

I want to strafe like I can in HalfLife

Why can't you just go into the configuration where you setup the keys and choose your left and right as move left and move right?

In my excitement I forgot the golden rule

READ THE FRIGGIN INSTRUCTIONS!!!!

I found it,It was right next to my embarressment.

What is this "strafe" you speak of anyways, I noticed it on the map of the keys on the keyboard and it didn't do much when I pushed it .

-HawkEye-
    Impunity is an open wound in the human soul. Speak up for those who were silenced forever.
    HellenicGenocide.org

If you choose to not use your mouse, you would need arrows to run forward/backward/left & right and that controls your movement just fine but if you wanted to run left while looking forward without the mouse then you would need to set strafing keys also(strafe left & strafe right) ect....hope i got that right

i just alaways use my mouse in FPS games but i think i remember Doom being a perfect example of this(original release)

I'm not sure if I understand you skit. I mean, I know what strafing is, I use it all the time. In fact I don't even know how someone could get by without using it.

But you seem to say that strafing isn't necessary with the mouse. Er? It's completely necessary with the mouse. Maybe you're confusing them with the "turn left" and "turn right" keys which aren't necessary with the mouse. In fact mine aren't even bound to any keys at all.

The mouse movement makes the player look up/down/left/right. You still need forward/backward keys as well as strafe-left/strafe-right keys. Plus you also need lean-left/lean-right keys if you want to be able to peek around corners (that's half the fun of the game). And jump & crouch keys, and a binocular key, a weapon mode (zoom) key, an adrinaline key, and the ever important use key.

Sorry Hawkeye, forgot to explain what strafing is. I guess the easiest way to think of it is running sideways or side-stepping. It allows you to move in a left or right direction without having to turn your view left or right. Does that make sense?

Like if you needed to cross an open courtyard but there's a sniper or two firing out of a window that is to the left of this courtyard. Using strafing you could run straight across the yard and simultaneously look, aim & fire at the snipers to the left.

Ah OK, yeah I've been using ithata and that's what I thought it meant, fust want to make sure , thanks.

-HawkEye-
    Impunity is an open wound in the human soul. Speak up for those who were silenced forever.
    HellenicGenocide.org

Quick Reply Quick Reply

If you are already a member, please login above.

What is the color of the sky?

Thread Information