+ Reply to Thread

COD Error: uo_ui_mp_x86.dll Failed pure server check

When I start up CoD United Offensive I keep getting the error
    Error: Game code uo_ui_mp_x86.dll Failed pure server check
    CoD(UO) has been very stable since it came out. Last night this error came up and Im baffled as to how or why its there. Some of the best servers I can get to are pure servers so I really would like to keep using the pure listed servers. After Googling, I couldnt find anything relevent, does anyone have any ideas??
    They say technology slows down for no one. I know it outruns my wallet. I figure its because my wallet isn't light enough yet.

TechIMO Folding@home Team #111 - Crunching for the cure!
    dulce bellum inexpertis

Blog Entries
    Have you contacted Activision about it? My guess would be that there is a .dll that is corrupt or missing. Does COD have a repair install feature? Have you tried reinstalling?

Famos

I found the answer, does anyone have the map "pakuo07.pk3"??

Activision said that I need to download or get the map from a friend or else I will have to re-install the entire game + the patches as the map is part of the patch instead of the game.

If anyone is willing to let me copy thiers it would save me about an hour of reinstalling the game. Please??
    They say technology slows down for no one. I know it outruns my wallet. I figure its because my wallet isn't light enough yet.

dulce bellum inexpertis

Blog Entries
    I'm glad Activision was able to help. Can you join a server running that map, then download it from that server? Does Activision have any map packs or downloads for the patch that includes this map? have you googled for this map for a download?

Famos

NO, I cant join as when I attempted to start the game I recieve the above error and will not run.
    The map is part of the 1.51 patch, which will not install because I have already installed it. To get the map from the patch, I will have to remove the entire game, reinstall and patch to the current level - which will take me about an hour after I find the UO CDrom.

All of that is a hassle as opposed to finding someone who would be willing to send me the map or post it somewhere that I can download it from.

dulce bellum inexpertis

Blog Entries
    have you tired googling for a download site? Have you considered going back to ta restore point before you installed the patch and then reinstall the patch fromt here. I'm not sure how long it was since you installed the patch. I'm trying to think of anything I can to help...at least use as a bump for someone to see and give you the map .

Famos

Thanks Famos, I have googled it apparently none of the COD/CODUO game sites have it, thats one of the reasons I asked here because none of the game sites have it.

In any case this problem has escalated.

I decided to just play COD until someone showed up with file(or I found it). But when I started up COD I recieved the same error as with UO:
    Error: Game code ui_mp_x86.dll Failed pure server check
    NOTE: its "uo_ ui_mp_x86.dll" in UO, instead of just ui_mp_x86.dll

Now this baffles me as I havent played COD by itself since shortly after UO came out. ?? BOTH COD and COD-UO are bad from something that happened 2 nights ago. But I dont know what happened!

So I had decided to remove/reinstall them both. While I had no problems removing UO, when I try to remove COD from the "add and remove programs" windows control panel I cant- the control panel tells me:
    An error occured while trying to remove Call of Duty it may have already been uninstalled. Would you like to remove Call of Duty from the Add or Remove programs list?
    I selected NO, but WTF!! this baffles me. I havent had any problem from either program until the other night and I have no idea why the Add/Remove program cant remove CoD! I do know that if I simply take it off the list, its possible that there will be parts of the game strewn throughout my system. Right now I'm waiting for Activision to get back to me probably tomorrow or maybe the day after with an answer, but I dont want to wait that long and I was hoping someone has some info/insight over this problem. ANYONE??
    Last edited by no1_vern; August 6th, 2006 at 08:54 PM.

dulce bellum inexpertis

Try Telling it to go to hell...

On a serious note: Try deleteing everything from the folder and just reinstall it *problem solved *

Activision got back to me this morning and said to manually remove the game.
    1) Click Start button > Run.
    2) At the prompt type: REGEDIT. The registry editor will open.
    3) Click the "+" next to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE.
    4) Click the "+" next to SOFTWARE.
    5) Click the "+" next to ACTIVISION.
    6) Right-click on the CALL OF DUTY folder and select Delete.
    7) Close the registry editor.

Once the registry keys are removed, we'll need to remove the game files from your hard drive. These instructions assume you've installed the game in the default directory.
    8) Double-click the My Computer icon.
    9) Double-click the C:\ drive.
    10) Double-click Program Files.
    11) Right-click on the Call of Duty folder and select Delete.

Remove the COD.INI file from your hard drive.
    12) Click the Start button > Find (or Search) > Files & Folders.
    13) Search your C:\ drive for a file named COD.INI.
    14) The file should be located in C:\WINDOWS.
    15) Delete this file.
    16) Reboot your machine. At this point the game is completely removed from your system.
    Reinstall. Just a painful hassle if you ask me, so I need to go do that. CYA in the game later tonight - I hope I will get to it today anyway.

dulce bellum inexpertis

Quick Reply Quick Reply

If you are already a member, please login above.

What is the color of the sky?

Thread Information