+ Reply to Thread

Warcraft III LAN problem

On my computer, I can create a game in Frozen Throne using LAN, and one other computer in my house can join it, but my brother's computer cannot. He doesn't have any such firewalls to speak of, and I installed it on his computer the same way I did on mine. Every time he tries to create a game, it says "Game was not found." I've been trying everything to fix this, but I've got nothing left to try. If anybody can help, that'd be terrific.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesMason0 View Post
    On my computer, I can create a game in Frozen Throne using LAN, and one other computer in my house can join it, but my brother's computer cannot. He doesn't have any such firewalls to speak of, and I installed it on his computer the same way I did on mine. Every time he tries to create a game, it says "Game was not found." I've been trying everything to fix this, but I've got nothing left to try. If anybody can help, that'd be terrific.

Thumbs up SOLUTION

you might have more than one firewall...
    I once had the same problem,.. if your brother's computer has an extra firewall like McAfee, i suggest you to uninstall it. hard to believe.. it is this firewall that blocks warcraft LAN play. If you cannot uninstall firewall within the computer, get the firewall uninstall software/program from the internet.
    OR
    if your brother's computer has firewall turned "on" in its control panel, turn it "off" and casually expose your computer to external softwares while playing warcraft. BUT MAKE SURE TO TURN IT BACK "ON " AFTER YOU PLAY, OTHERWISE your computer might be at risk any point you use the internet.

if it helps.....
    enjoy
    Last edited by mrahn117; June 29th, 2009 at 09:47 PM.

Is it just Warcraft 3? How about other LAN games?

You can copy the whole Warcraft 3 folder, which would be around 4 GB. So you have to find a pendrive with a bigger capacity to transfer that easily. Paste in your brother's computer. Try run it.
    If only the dead can speak, then we will know what's happening to us all next...

Angry reply

i have the same problem !

Thanks! After refering to this thread, I realized that my Kingsoft Firewall cleverly block war3.exe, causing the problem.

For me the problem is fixed.

I still cant do anything!(same problem)

how do i do this?? even though i turn off the firewall its still the same?
    please help me
    Facebook.com/kingmelly

Quick Reply Quick Reply

If you are already a member, please login above.

What is 10 and 5 added together?

Thread Information