+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Ultimate Member
    multiplayer icon >>right click>>properties>>compatibility
    tick mode >>apply>>ok

give that a try

work for COD 2 multiplayer

Only can connect sometimes...

I had a problem playing with my friends where i was only able to connect some of the times i was playing with my friends. I was in the DMZ of my router and the firewall in vista set to off. I had no other traffic monitoring programs. It turns out that vista has a very temperamental firewall, even when set to off it will sometimes restrict programs. I added C&CZH to the firewall "allow" list, and just disabled it from monitoring the connection i used for the internet, I have it monitoring the connection i don't use. This worked for me in vista. If you are having a similar problem try messing with the vista firewall settings.

Angry GeneralsZH connection issue

i have vista(FYI) and when im in the load minue where u see everyones colored bars and what general they are etc., im the only1 that loads up and then im stuck by myself on the feild with no controll of my units or anything.......i never had this problem when i had XP on my old comp. any1 have an ideas as to whats wrong.

Blog Entries
    In the games settings when you first start to multi player, there is an option for "Send Delay". Click that on. See what happens.

simple solution

go into the data folders in ur documents and put in:

folders:
    Maps
    MapPreviews
    Save
    Replays

files (start as .txt files and change them to .ini files):
    options.ini
    Skirmish.ini
    SkirmishStats.ini

Angry problem...

i tried to download the 1.4 patch and whenever i try to download it, it comes up with a message that said cannot find the old file, but found a file with the same name, and download did not complete...

can someone please help me out with this?
    Last edited by cheesepuff; July 4th, 2008 at 01:46 PM.

Exclamation problem on C&C generals zero hour

i tried to download the 1.4 patch on generals zero hour, and it came up with a message that said "could not find the file, but found a file with the same name, and did not download"

could someone tell me what would fix this problem?

Unhappy vista ultimate :(

Quote Originally Posted by tony_j15 View Post
    considering how buggy it was when it first came out on XP, I'm surprised it even installed correctly on Vista.
    its either a problem with the code itself (wait for patch) or video problem (wait for new drivers). Those are my two guesses. are there any compatibility options you can attempt to run it under? Different video settings?
    ehhm, i installed it and even played it on vista ultimate.... but after about 10 minutes the game crashed.
    it also happens with stronghold legends, haven't tried the rest yet XD

does anyone know how to solve it?

petronas

heyy i installed c&c generals on a xp laptop the game worked fine..then when i tried to install it on my vista laptop....i couldn't extract the patch i tried several time but it won't work...what's the solution..

command and conquer generals patch error

i have a laptop with vista and i could play command and conquer generals just fine alone. but when i down loaded the updates it told me to restart my laptop, now when i open the game i have a box that says patching and when it gets to 10/10 instal_Final.bnp, an error msg appears saying "patch error. existing game files may have been modified. you should reinstal t...
    failure renaming\deleting file Crogram files\ea games|command & conquer generals\english.big
    help me please

running problems

HI IM RUNNING WINDOWS VISTA ULTIMATE ON MY LAPTOP IVE INSTALLED C&C GENERALS & ZERO HOUR AND I GET A MESSAGE SAY INSERT CORRECT CD EVEN THO ITS THE SAME CD I JUST INSTALLED THE GAME OFF NOW WHEN I FIRST GOT THE LAPTOP 6 MONTHS AGO IT WORKED WITH OUT A PROBLEM BUT THEN I STARTED DOING THE WINDOWS UPDATES AND IT STOPPED WORKING IS IT BECAUSE OF THE UPDATES OR SOMETING ELSE CAN SOMEONE HELP ME EMAIL ME WITH SOME OR OF RESPONSE paulkeating3@hotmail.com

Red face command and conquer generals online

hi ive bought command and conquer generals and ive finished all maps and finished all missions and now i want to play online with people that i think might be hard enough to play against but every time i try to go online it makes me install a update and then exits and starts the command and conquer generals back up and then im go into multiplayer then online and it makes me do it all over again please help please please pleeeeease

thanks.=)

Smile english install update error

Quote Originally Posted by sykez View Post
    hi ive bought command and conquer generals and ive finished all maps and finished all missions and now i want to play online with people that i think might be hard enough to play against but every time i try to go online it makes me install a update and then exits and starts the command and conquer generals back up and then im go into multiplayer then online and it makes me do it all over again please help please please pleeeeease

thanks.=)
    I'm having the same problem. I have the hardcopy (not a pirated version). Any help or links would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Angry problems with persistant storage on generals

i need some help with generals, it seems if i play too long online on one map it cuts me from the game all together , also sometimes i will be in the online lobby and it will appear cannot connect to persistant storage server can some one help me with my problem? i run vista and my laptop is compatible and meets the requirements for the game!!

Ultimate Member
    C&C is a pain but if you follow these steps it should work for you

if the game is install

put disc in drive on boot up choose delete from the menu
    delete the game plus any personal files [ saves ]

when finish deleting pop open the drive and let drive boot up
    you should be only able to install game

after install go online [ thru game ] DL and install updates than set up your account-----play

Quote Originally Posted by electric View Post
    C&C is a pain but if you follow these steps it should work for you

if the game is install

put disc in drive on boot up choose delete from the menu
    delete the game plus any personal files [ saves ]

when finish deleting pop open the drive and let drive boot up
    you should be only able to install game

after install go online [ thru game ] DL and install updates than set up your account-----play
    I tryed that in the past m8 and when i tryed to install the game again i had all sorts of problems, do you know the official site to register my game codes to prevent these kinds of things from happening? I registered last time with a different cd(same game) and i had no problems at all after that.

Hello..

Quote Originally Posted by mullers View Post
    i have a laptop with vista and i could play command and conquer generals just fine alone. but when i down loaded the updates it told me to restart my laptop, now when i open the game i have a box that says patching and when it gets to 10/10 instal_Final.bnp, an error msg appears saying "patch error. existing game files may have been modified. you should reinstal t...
    failure renaming\deleting file Crogram files\ea games|command & conquer generals\english.big
    help me please
    M8 i can tell you that you have a serious problem because the exact same thing happened to me, i think you have uninstalled your game then reinstalled it without completely removing everything, there is a big'file in the install, that prevents you from reinstalling without completely removing all files from the previous install, i think you have also registered your game with your code too(you can only do that once), what you have to do is go into your registry(you must be very carefull doing this) go to your desktop menu and where it says start search type in regedit press enter, then go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE arrow and press ,then SOFTWARE arrow and press,then ELECTRONIC ARTS arrow and press, then EA GAMES arrow and press,then right clik GENERALS and delete,then press all the arrows you just pressed to collapse the menu's then just click on your desktop to bring you back to your normal screen, then restart your computer and attempt to reinstall your game again, get back to me if that don't work ok

My name is Caspers..

Quote Originally Posted by sykez View Post

thanks.=)
    go to google and type in command and conquer generals patches, then find the one where it says: english patch 1.07 and download it, the reason why generals does this is because your computer has to be known by generals online, then restart your computer, after that you have to go into your command and conquer generals data which is in my documents, then go to options configuration settings, then where it says port overide delete whatever is there and type in your own 4 digit code, then on your top left corner go to file and save, then close menu and restart your computer,then go into generals game and the 1st menu you see go to options, and down the bottom it will say: (Refresh Nat) press it ,then exit game, then go back in and do the same thing and this time you should see your 4 digit port overide number there, if you do you should have no problems playing online ok!! let me know how you went

I got my "65544_65536_english.rtp" update to finally work by uninstalling and retrying several times. Now it won't let me play online, says Serial number is invalid. I got my copy from a yard sale for $4 this summer... now I know why it was so cheap.
    How can I get a valid serial number?

Quick Reply Quick Reply

If you are already a member, please login above.

What is 10 and 5 added together?

Thread Information