+ Reply to Thread

Can I have the same Xbox LIVE account on two different consoles?

I usually play at my dad's house which is where I had set up my Xbox LIVE account to play online and all that jaz, but my own Xbox at my mom's isn't connected to the internet yet cuz I'm still hunting for a cheap wireless adapter. So I'm wondering if when I do get my Xbox connected if I can still play my LIVE account here as well as at my dad's, that way I won't have to pay for a whole seperate account since Microsoft is just out to get our money.

Ask for me to rephrase anything if that seems confusing at all... ._.

You have two seperate Xbox consoles?

I believe you'll need to transfer your account from the one at your dad's house to the one at your mom's, and then vice versa when you go from your mom's to your dad's. It would be easier just to take the original Xbox with you from place to place.

Last edited by Atomic Rooster; June 28th, 2009 at 03:00 PM.
    Unofficial TechIMO record holder for the number of times being added and removed from beemer's ignore list.

Blog Entries
    Just take your hard drive with you.... Or when when you get your other xbox online you can download your profile to another console. The plus side of taking your HDD with you is that you have all your saved games.

Although you cannot use both profiles at the same time.
    I7 920 @ 4.2Ghz/6GB//GTX480 SLI/M4 64 GB + 1.5 TB + 2x 640 GB/Corsair TX950/ASUS blu-ray/ASUS P6X58D-E + X-Fi /LC PCK62

TechIMO Folding@home Team #111 - Crunching for the cure!

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron_8015 View Post
    Just take your hard drive with you.... Or when when you get your other xbox online you can download your profile to another console. The plus side of taking your HDD with you is that you have all your saved games.

Although you cannot use both profiles at the same time.
    Does it cost anything to dl my profile to a console?

Blog Entries
    no its free
    I7 920 @ 4.2Ghz/6GB//GTX480 SLI/M4 64 GB + 1.5 TB + 2x 640 GB/Corsair TX950/ASUS blu-ray/ASUS P6X58D-E + X-Fi /LC PCK62

no its free
    Would I be able to use my LIVE account on both consoles after that or would I have to keep swiching it over if I went back to the other console?

Blog Entries
    You can keep your profile on each console.....

Both consoles need to be kept online to update each other with new achievements etc..... (So if one console is not online it wont be as up to date with the one that is online and vice versa.

Also only your profile will be downloadable not your saved games you will need to take those on the hard drive or memory card.

Goverment property now GroundZero3's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    If you are wanting to use both xboxes online at the same time you will need a separate account for your dad.

Amazon.com: Xbox 360 Live 12 Month Gold Card plus 1 Month Bonus: Video Games

It comes out to roughly $4.17 a month

You can keep your profile on each console.....

Both consoles need to be kept online to update each other with new achievements etc..... (So if one console is not online it wont be as up to date with the one that is online and vice versa.

Also only your profile will be downloadable not your saved games you will need to take those on the hard drive or memory card.
    Ok that makes sense. Thank you very much

Question Xbox 360 Hard Drive

I have got an xbox 360 arcade console but i haven't got a hard drive to save some of my games, but i have borrowed my mates hard drive because his xbox had the red ring so he sent it to microsoft to fix it, and i'm going to say that i going to get my own hard drive to save my games and play on live, is it possible that i play xbox live with my own account on mine because i have made an account on my mates one please answer, i have 3 mounths left to play online....

Quote Originally Posted by BladesEternal View Post
    I usually play at my dad's house which is where I had set up my Xbox LIVE account to play online and all that jaz, but my own Xbox at my mom's isn't connected to the internet yet cuz I'm still hunting for a cheap wireless adapter. So I'm wondering if when I do get my Xbox connected if I can still play my LIVE account here as well as at my dad's, that way I won't have to pay for a whole seperate account since Microsoft is just out to get our money.

Ask for me to rephrase anything if that seems confusing at all... ._.
    Do you literally mean two xbox live instances at the exact same time? Like your playing on both consoles at the same time or do you mean just have the Account active for use depending on which location you are at?

You could opt to also use a memory card instead of your whole hard drive. This is much more convenient as you can plug it in and copy your profile to it. You can get Worms to play as a nice added bonus.

Quote Originally Posted by nemowolf View Post
    Do you literally mean two xbox live instances at the exact same time? Like your playing on both consoles at the same time or do you mean just have the Account active for use depending on which location you are at?

You could opt to also use a memory card instead of your whole hard drive. This is much more convenient as you can plug it in and copy your profile to it. You can get Worms to play as a nice added bonus.
    I meant having my account active for use depending as which location im playing at. The memory card seems like a good idea.

Quote Originally Posted by BladesEternal View Post
    I meant having my account active for use depending as which location im playing at. The memory card seems like a good idea.
    Yea they have one of the Xbox Minute videos on how you move your profile to a memory card and just load it from there. Since your essentially using a USB drive, you need to minimize the read/writes to it so move it to the hard drive when you arrive and move it to the hard drive on your way out.

Quote Originally Posted by nemowolf View Post
    Yea they have one of the Xbox Minute videos on how you move your profile to a memory card and just load it from there. Since your essentially using a USB drive, you need to minimize the read/writes to it so move it to the hard drive when you arrive and move it to the hard drive on your way out.
    Ok just wanted to let you guys know that I was originally using the memory card option since I only had 1 out of 2 Xbox 360's connecting to live. I recently acquired the wireless network adapter for the second 360 and I am able to successfully connect with my gamertag on both consoles using the same harddrive. For whatever reason I don't get prompted to migrate my account when I play on my backup console, so this basically removes the memory card from the equation and I can just move the hardrive back and forth. Sorry for my ignorance but I always thought you were only allowed to have one profile associated with one xbox at the same time. I guess this is not the case. One thing I did do was copy my profile from my memory card to my pc using Xport 360 and then made a copy of that back to my hardrive. Not sure if this really even matters at this point. I am just happy that I can use the same profile with one hardrive on two different consoles.

*EDIT* Also I noticed that all of my downloaded Arcades games were no longer in trial mode, they were all the full versions.

Quote Originally Posted by Kayotick View Post
    Ok just wanted to let you guys know that I was originally using the memory card option since I only had 1 out of 2 Xbox 360's connecting to live. I recently acquired the wireless network adapter for the second 360 and I am able to successfully connect with my gamertag on both consoles using the same harddrive. For whatever reason I don't get prompted to migrate my account when I play on my backup console, so this basically removes the memory card from the equation and I can just move the hardrive back and forth. Sorry for my ignorance but I always thought you were only allowed to have one profile associated with one xbox at the same time. I guess this is not the case. One thing I did do was copy my profile from my memory card to my pc using Xport 360 and then made a copy of that back to my hardrive. Not sure if this really even matters at this point. I am just happy that I can use the same profile with one hardrive on two different consoles.

*EDIT* Also I noticed that all of my downloaded Arcades games were no longer in trial mode, they were all the full versions.
    Substitute memory card for Hard Drive ... Your doing the exact same thing via sneaker net.

Use 2 profiles onolder 360

Get 2 Maxx memory cards and instal the software on your computer. copy your profile to the computer by using a mini SD adapter card. after the copy to computer is done, put the second mini SD card in the adapter and restore the copy from the computer. you will now have two identical mini SD cards and when placed into the memory slot of each of the consoles, you can now operate them with your profile on both, just not at the same time. I have twoconsoles in my house, one in my room and one in my living room and this works great.

You just need a usb!

You can get a usb flashdrive and put all the stuff from your dads xbox onto the usb and take the usb wherever you want

Helping

Hey, maybe this helps!

1. Go to the xbox where you want your account.
    2. Make sure there is no profile signed in!
    3. Press the big guide button in the middle of your controller.
    4. Then search for ''Download Profile''.
    5. Then follow the instructions on the screen.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

If you are already a member, please login above.

What is the color of the sky?

Thread Information