+ Reply to Thread

The Elder Scroll: Oblivion problem~

When I was fighting I somehow knocked my oblivion window off center; dragging it somehow. It's apparently completely impossible to grab window again nomatter how much I try and there's no options to fix it, no fix by restarting, changing resolutions back and forth fail, nothing seems to work. I can't even access its right click menu in taskbar to select move. How on earth do I fix the window, it's permanantly off to the side. This is incredible frustrating and haven't been able to find help searching.
    Last edited by Puppydoggie; July 18th, 2009 at 09:11 PM.

Blog Entries
    Have you tried alt+enter?
    I7 920 @ 4.2Ghz/6GB//GTX480 SLI/M4 64 GB + 1.5 TB + 2x 640 GB/Corsair TX950/ASUS blu-ray/ASUS P6X58D-E + X-Fi /LC PCK62

TechIMO Folding@home Team #111 - Crunching for the cure!

No, but I just tried it and it didn't do anything.

Blog Entries
    Did you have the window selected? Have you tried to change settings on the main menu.
    I7 920 @ 4.2Ghz/6GB//GTX480 SLI/M4 64 GB + 1.5 TB + 2x 640 GB/Corsair TX950/ASUS blu-ray/ASUS P6X58D-E + X-Fi /LC PCK62

Not Really a Member
    can try this
    how to move the oblivion window to the center? - GameAxis Forums

open my documents\my games\oblivion\oblivion.ini (make a back-up first)

look in the 'display' section and change:
    iLocation Y=0
    iLocation X=0
    change them to 0,0 and see if that helps
    Helicopters don't fly; they vibrate so much and make so much noise that the earth rejects them.

Yes! That worked. Thanks.

Not Really a Member
    glad to help
    Helicopters don't fly; they vibrate so much and make so much noise that the earth rejects them.

PC Upgrade Procrastinator ShyguyXPC's Avatar
    dang, was reading the initial post and was going to say there's a way of editing it in one of the config files for Oblivion, scrolled down and noticed vass found it and linked it. actually stumbled upon those settings myself by accident one day trying to restore my resolution settings one day, don't know how, but somehow I got the game stuck at a resolution beyond my monitors max and couldn't resolve it, had to start digging around in the ini files, etc, and saw that window settings options.

anyways, nice to see that someone actually posted a how to on fixing that problem.
    i7 940//Corsair H60//EVGA X58 SLI LE//6GB Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz//2x EVGA GTX 560 Ti FPB SLI//NZXT Hale82 850W//CM 690 II Advanced//Win7 64//WD 74GB V-raptor, 750GB Black, 1.5TB Green

Is there a way to use this settings notepad to max all my draw distance? Cuz my game never saves these settings when I do it in options, because all the mods I assume seem to make it crash only when I hit exit game. So I always have to remax them every time. If so what are the max numbers I put in and where? :S

that I'm not sure of, never have done that since I've never owned a card that could run Oblivion on max settings, at least not with a playable frame rate at my preferred display resolutions.

currently don't have a copy of oblivion installed either so no reference to even look right now.

what video card are you running right now anyways? (setting the draw distances etc, to max might make things very unplayable if the card isn't up to the challenge)

as to the game crashing, especially on exit, is the game fully patched? latest video drivers for your card and OS?

also some mods are known to cause crashes with the game upon exit as well.

the only one I run now days when playing is the Bow Reach Fix, and I think the rest are all official Plugins from Bethesda themselves.

I used to run 5 or 6 free mods on the game, after removing most of them, many of my exit crashes ceased, but still every now and then it does happen.
    i7 940//Corsair H60//EVGA X58 SLI LE//6GB Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz//2x EVGA GTX 560 Ti FPB SLI//NZXT Hale82 850W//CM 690 II Advanced//Win7 64//WD 74GB V-raptor, 750GB Black, 1.5TB Green

I'm using Geforce 9600 and with max settings and draw distance I run the game 100% perfectly, I just can't save the draw distance settings because the game crashes upon exit. All other settings are saved at max currently, just not the draw distance ones. So I always have to keep maxing them everytime I play and gets kinda annoying.

try unloading any mods in the game, load the game, set the settings, save them on exit, restart the game see if they saved (or if it still crashes), if so, then exit again and reload your mods, and then see if its fine when you start again.

if it still crashes, might have to back up your saved games (usually in the My Documents Folder somewhere) and reinstall the game along with your mods etc, replace the backed up saves in the proper folder, and see if it will work saving on exit.

Ok I got it to work by making a new char and setting them and exiting and loading actual char. Strange though that it doesn't crash when exiting now and settings are saved. Sometimes does now though when alt tabbing during loading which never did before. oh well. ;o

Quick Reply Quick Reply

If you are already a member, please login above.

What is the color of the sky?

Thread Information