+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

BF3 IS UP AND RUNNING!

I'm D/L new Nvidea drivers... I Planned to wait....but anyway it running.

I guess the servers started early.
    “Rancher Bundy should’ve told the feds that those were Mexican cows – who came across the border illegally to seek better grazing opportunities. It was an act of love.”

Blog Entries
    Yup.. played for about 10 min's. Took 20 mins just to get in the server. Once in the server, I went 1:12, being killed by hackers 10 of those times.. :|
    (this was in a server with punkbuster)
    Q6600@4Ghz | i7 920@4.4Ghz |E6320@3.5Ghz
    FAQ's ~ Team Stats
    My PC

TechIMO Folding@home Team #111 - Crunching for the cure!

I felt like a blind man...

Pretty laggy...
    “Rancher Bundy should’ve told the feds that those were Mexican cows – who came across the border illegally to seek better grazing opportunities. It was an act of love.”

PC Upgrade Procrastinator ShyguyXPC's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by KarmaKiller View Post
    Yup.. played for about 10 min's. Took 20 mins just to get in the server. Once in the server, I went 1:12, being killed by hackers 10 of those times.. :|
    (this was in a server with punkbuster)

Imagine that...

one of the reasons why I never got into the battlefield games much as far as online play goes, since BF2. I enjoyed the AIX coop mod some what, but multiplayer was always rampant with hackers (BF2, BFBC2, etc)
    i7 940//Corsair H60//EVGA X58 SLI LE//6GB Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz//2x EVGA GTX 560 Ti FPB SLI//NZXT Hale82 850W//CM 690 II Advanced//Win7 64//WD 74GB V-raptor, 750GB Black, 1.5TB Green

Blog Entries
    I should say I hit about 6-7 servers, and only had that one experience with hackers. That said, PB is going to take some time to develop all the code needed to prevent hackers from coming in game. I'll be patient for another few weeks before I start getting upset about it. It was bound to happen..
    And Shy, if you haven't got this game yet you REALLY REALLY need to. It's freakn EPIC!
    SOoooooooooo much is going on, but it's really really fun. I can see myself playing this for the next 6 months no problems, maybe more with good DLC.
    FAQ's ~ Team Stats
    My PC

I'll wait a bit on it first, I have some others bugging me about getting it too, but waiting a few weeks after release before I really consider getting it. Let some others take the dive into it first before spending another $40-50 on a game.

I prefer the Coop type game modes in games, and less fast paced run & gun action, and more "normal" realistic paced action in these combat games, one of the reasons I play ArmA 2 more now days than any others.

So I'm waiting to see how this turns out after release and some others have given it a run.

One of the guys I know online from my old gaming clan, said the Coop mode is only 2 players? I could of sworn it was supposed to be 4 player enabled?
    i7 940//Corsair H60//EVGA X58 SLI LE//6GB Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz//2x EVGA GTX 560 Ti FPB SLI//NZXT Hale82 850W//CM 690 II Advanced//Win7 64//WD 74GB V-raptor, 750GB Black, 1.5TB Green

Goverment property now GroundZero3's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    CO-OP is two players

well, that sucks then. practically no point in even offering that mode then, might as well have left it out.

Goverment property now GroundZero3's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I dont know, I had a blast with the co-op levels that were in COD:MW2 of course if you have a bunch of friends who play that could be an issue. I only really played with one other person.

I don't know about the hacking part, after all anyone who kills me is a hacker!

But a lot of them played the beta, so the know their way around and don't have to fumble around trying to push the right key.

Part of EA's stock in trade seems to be poor visibility to make ambushes for effective... I think that sucks. It may have been the game I was on. I prefer a "bright sunny day".

Blog Entries
    I'll just throw this out here, me and my gaming community have a 500 slot mumble, and now 2 BF3 servers, and any of you guys are more then welcome to join up with us. We're all older/mature IT geeks that enjoy teamwork and having fun.
    If you want the info PM me and I'll get that out...

*On Topic*
    Played till about 4 am this morning, woke up at 7am to take the g/f to work, and started playing again. I'll warn you, this game is VERY addictive.
    FAQ's ~ Team Stats
    My PC

Karma, just out of curiousity, how much are your guys BF3 servers running?

Was wondering, I was looking at my host for my ArmA 2 and Joint Operations Typhoon Rising Servers (Art Of War Central), and I was surprised at how cheap BF3 servers were, under $12 for a Ranked 8 person server. I know the game is popular, but I really expected the server cost per slot to be much higher than that.

I know with most Bad Company 2 servers/hosts when that came out, the cost was much higher than that.

Unless you guys are running a Dedicated Server and not Slot based like that one from AoW.

Blog Entries
    One of our servers is an AoW server and honestly, it's terrible. We're returning it today (getting money back) and our GOOD server is hosted with NFO. We got a managed VPS, and it's running ~$96 a month for 64slots.
    FAQ's ~ Team Stats
    My PC

Speaking of servers... Is anyone besides me having trouble getting into BF3 games?

Quote Originally Posted by KarmaKiller View Post
    One of our servers is an AoW server and honestly, it's terrible. We're returning it today (getting money back) and our GOOD server is hosted with NFO. We got a managed VPS, and it's running ~$96 a month for 64slots.
    Really. Must be the games or some servers that aren't great, or could be just the data center locations.

the ArmA 2 server we have is GREAT as far as Ping, lag, etc, compared to some "better" hosts.

but could also be the games.

The Joint Ops Server I forgot is with Ultimate Game Servers.

I used to have Hypernia, but got rid of the server last year due to low traffic. We had ArmA 2 on Defcon and they kept giving us the run around and lying through their teeth (that or tech support were complete morons) for our ArmA 2 server, once I set up an AoW server with exact same settings, and configuration with different Data Center, and its been rock solid stable, and told Defcon where they could stick the server.

though I have heard from another clan their JO Server through AoW has not been the most stable, but their ArmA 2 server they ran were pretty good. (or maybe it was the other way around, JO was stable and ArmA 2 wasn't?)

All I know is our ArmA 2 server has been stable and relatively lag free ever since we went with them back in May or April.

Anyways, kind of getting an idea for suggestions for the clan I play with to go with for hosting servers.

So their not spending more than they need to.

Right now the morons are paying $100+ for a dedicate server and they're only running a single 16 or 32 player JO Server on it. Why? Because one of the admins has some "connections" with the host who used to be a gaming clan and they know each other.

so rather than spending less for better service and more with in the groups financial means, lets go with this host because someone "knows" the people running it...

Seems to be the way they operate, which is one of many reasons I left them (former admin myself). Got tired of the nagging donations for an over priced POS server, and incompetent management of the servers and group.

Anyways, $1.50 per slot still isn't too bad really on price.

Blog Entries
    Get a VPS, with those you can run several game servers off of them and they run ~$50-60 per month.
    On ours, we have a 500 slot mumble, 3 TF2 serves, L4d servers, CS:S servers, killing floor servers, and I believe we even host our forums off of them.
    FAQ's ~ Team Stats
    My PC

can a Virtual Server with only a mere 1GHz CPU and 1 or 2GB of RAM actually run these games decently?

I forget which host I was looking at, but had some virtual server with similar specs and didn't think it would run some of these games like that.

Blog Entries
    https://www.nfoservers.com/order-vir...ted-server.php
    I believe we have the Quad core box, and on the site it's saying it's $99, but I know that's not what we're paying. We pay ~$60. Also one of the times NFO was upgrading, we sent an email in and for some reason they gave us a terabyte of bandwidth per month. IDK about other hosts, but we've had the best luck/support with NFO. I would never go to any other hosts myself.

EDIT:
    I should also note that if you plan on hosting a BF3 server, you have to get a "managed" server because of EA's policy. I'm unsure if that cost more or not..
    Last edited by KarmaKiller; October 25th, 2011 at 08:35 PM.
    FAQ's ~ Team Stats
    My PC

Define managed?

WOW, liking those prices, may have to refer that host to those interested when the time comes.
    Last edited by ShyguyXPC; October 25th, 2011 at 10:44 PM.

Blog Entries

Basically you have to control the server through the NFO control panel.
    FAQ's ~ Team Stats
    My PC

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

If you are already a member, please login above.

What planet do we live on?

Thread Information