+ Reply to Thread
    Blog Entries

Grand Theft Auto Five

Anyone pick it up?

I did, but not for me, per se. My wife is a huge fan of the series so I purchased it for her. I know. I'm a lucky guy, right?

Anyways, I ain't here to talk about the game, it's great (I guess). I'm here to grumble because I'm old (in gaming years) and I hate the connected experience. Two major flaws/examples.

First: the iFruit app. It's a connected app for iOS only (WTF?) that you use to train (tamagotchi style) your in-game dog, Chop. By feeding him, watering him, etc you make his in-game performance better. You can also customize your cars, so that your rides will be pimped out for you when you get home and sink into the living room couch.
    Problem! It doesn't work. You'd think these companies would have this figured out by now. Initial server demand is insane. Blizzard screwed it up, EA screwed it up, and now Rockstar has screwed it up.

Second: in-game screenshots don't function because they aren't saved locally to your hard disc, they are uploaded to your Rockstar Social Club account for everyone to see. Again, servers are slammed, so the function does not work. (Perhaps I'm missing something here though...)

So...yeah, not at all impressed with the idea of connected experience in video games. I like the idea of using a second screen like an iPad or whatever to offload maps to, but that should be a Bluetooth local sync, not a cloud sync. tl;dr, teh cloudz sux0rz.

Enough gwumbling from me, anyone else having fun in Los Santos?

I have a list of other games I need to take care of first but from what I hear the new game is a lot of fun. I've actually never played any of the GTA games, but I will probably give it a shot. I did buy GTA 4 on sale in the steam summer sale, so hopefully that will be worthwhile.

I will probably get it when the price drops, but in the meantime I have regarded this Saints Row 4 with envious eyes. And Payday 2. Maybe I will treat myself to some Steam purchases.

Quote Originally Posted by paul9 View Post
    I will probably get it when the price drops, but in the meantime I have regarded this Saints Row 4 with envious eyes. And Payday 2. Maybe I will treat myself to some Steam purchases.
    Same here, Will have to buy GTA4 along with those other 2 in the meantime, they're all on my wishlist on steam. Also waiting to see if GTA5 does ever make it to PC, as I don't have a functioning 360 to play it on, and for what it would cost in parts and accessories to get that machine running (New DVD drive, already have that, but if I break the casing again like I did the first one trying to repair, then a new casing, a couple wireless controllers, a decent sized 360 Hard drive, and some other stuff), honestly would rather dump that money into PC upgrades like a better video card, SSD or even larger LED backlit or IPS LCD display than I already have.

I still have barely gotten into Saints Row 3, maybe only a 10th of the way through at most.

I just Finished Dishonored, a couple weeks ago, Finished the Knife of Dunwall DLC last week, and Brigmore Witches DLC just last night, so all of that is finished (aside from the "trials" DLC which is just a timed competitive gameplay DLC, not much of any story if at all there).

Its actually a Single player game I may go back to playing over again at some time. As I beat the main game twice, to try different endings.

Wish there were more DLC or a sequel to it.

Still have yet to finish Skyrim.

ArmA 3 went full retail last week, so I have to get back into playing that, as I haven't played any since it was still in Beta back in July.

Another game that caught my eye on Steam, Goddus, looks like a modern take on the old Populous game from back in the day, might pick that up if its on sale.

But I also have quite a few other titles added to my Wishlist, one of which is the new X Series game, following X3 Albion Prelude (also have that addon listed as well, problem is I have the hard copy versions of both X3 games, and Prelude is on Steam, not sure if I can tie my hard copy versions to steam, or if I would have to buy those on there as well).

But I'm also liking this Space Engineers Game I saw on steam as well, looks to be a neat game sort of in the same vein as X3, but not as in depth, where you can actually sort of build your ships and stations, and mine asteroids, or if you want, seek out and destroy others installations, etc.

So all this, in the meantime, if and when GTA 5 comes out on PC, (which I find funny as well, for Saints Row 4, there's a DLC addon called GAT 5, obviously for "Johnny Gat", but its also a play on GTA 5 as well).

Nice choices, Shy.

Looks like I'll be diving back into ArmA series again for a while, just paid for a month a hosted ArmA 3 server, so have to try that out later today if any of my ArmA buddies are on. Haven't really played any of it in the last couple months now. Time to get back into that.

Paid up our ArmA 2 server, but at some point want to get into ArmA 3 more, once more addons and such come out. Also have some friends pushing to get into World Of Tanks, so might do that for a bit as well, though I'm more interested in World Of Planes instead, but if enough of us can get together for either one, might be another great game to play.

Still waiting on Just Cause 3, if that ever gets released, or worked on.

But most likely, will end up with Payday 2 at some point down the road here, as I have a couple friends that play that as well.

I like WarThunder more than World of Warplanes and it is now on Steam, but both are free to play. Try both? Tanks is fun for me. My brother has just been on the phone asking if I have GTA V yet. The GTA series has been the drive for me upgrading my PC and especially graphics cards in the past. It was also the reason I bought a 360, then a PS3. I really hope it comes out on PC. I got the full GTA series in a Steam sale. I had also grabbed the X series in a Steam sale. I love Steam sales.

Saw WarThunder, It... well, the DLC addons anyways, are added to my Wish list, at least one of them anyways.

Have to get my Saitek X45 setup dusted off and see if it still works before diving into something like that though.

On Steam sales, I used to not be too fond of Steam, at least buying hard copy retail games, and then needing a steam account and register with in order to play, which seems pretty redundant to buy a retail copy, only to have to register it with an online download service anyways, might as well buy it through the service, maybe save a little and download/register.

But I've been enjoying Steam sales lately too. back in July I had about 79 games, DLC, etc, after a 2 week period, it boosted to 106. Mainly The Quake Con Sales, with all the old Quake, Id Software, etc titles.

Really really hoping to find GTA 5 for PC down the road though. I haven't played 4 yet, but may just end up getting that, otherwise, I've got 1, 2 (downloaded from Rockstar), 3, Vice City/San Andreas all on disc.

Played through most of 3, but never completed it, my brother beat it though. Vice City, had about 90% complete, also never finished. San Andreas, started out good, but had numerous Sound and graphics glitches, even after all patched up, so was never able to really enjoy that one. And have one of the Liberty City Stories ones on Sony PSP, was fun, but got boring after a while, missed my Mouse, Keyboard, full size controller setup of game play, and playing on the tiny screen also sucked for this game.

When I first got GTA 3 on the PC, I found the car handling config files, and had lots of fun modding that. I had some awesome taxi cabs. I used those as they were very commonly spawned in game, so usually always available nearby. It turns out that when your insane speed flipped the car, the roofbox taxi sign usually helped to right it afterwards.
    Pity you can't tinker with the console versions like that.

Yes I did, Actually I am writer of a reputed college paper writing service but I love gaming more than that. I am great fan of GTA series, Vice City and San andreas are my favourite.
    Last edited by howste; March 13th, 2016 at 09:17 PM. Reason: removed link

Quick Reply Quick Reply

If you are already a member, please login above.

Thread Information