+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5
    Goverment property now GroundZero3's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Sony’s game-streaming “PlayStation Now” service coming this summer | Ars Technica

Blog Entries
    $6000 Steam Machine system....

Falcon Northwest Turns Tiki to Steam Machine
    Robert Richmond | Infinite perceptions. One reality.
    TechIMO.com Community Director

Blog Entries
    For 6 grand it better be able to play the video games and make me a sandwich

Quote Originally Posted by GroundZero3 View Post
    For 6 grand it better be able to play the video games and make me a sandwich
    And wash windows and wash the dishes.

That still isn't the super high end.

I'm waiting for the $20K Steambox to be announced.
    One by one the penguins steal my sanity.

TechIMO Folding@home Team #111 - Crunching for the cure!

Steam OS now Supports AMD GPU's and Intel Integrated Graphics: SteamOS Now Supports AMD, Intel Graphics

Blog Entries
    Robert Richmond | Infinite perceptions. One reality.
    TechIMO.com Community Director

sweet, Bios support, for my older hardware, and custom Partition options, for all systems.

Maybe now I can try it out on some of my spare systems, just in time since I ordered that ECS H61 Mini ITX board, and get the CPU in a week or so. 4GB DDR3, toss on the OEM GT 440, and install Steam OS on the 250GB Drive.

can play with Steam OS on that system, on the HDTV, and even mess the Big Picture mode.

$80 Case (from years ago, runs about $50-ish now), $60 Modular 500W PSU (also from years ago), $38 mobo, $50-75 CPU, $20 RAM, Older spare hard drive ($100+ years ago, now, probably $20-30), $40 GPU (bought $40-50, but $100 new), $50 Blu ray/DVD Burner.

About $300-ish on low end, for a decent budget, home made steam box

Blog Entries
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E2__WK-xpYs

Steam Machine delayed till 2015

I actually forgot about steam machines lol

Copied from my FB post sharing that link:
    Love the one guys comments, the only people probably bummed about the Delay are PC gamers, which then think about it and say "why do we even care?" Because PC gamers already have everything they need to do what Steam OS and the "Steam Machines" Are supposed to do.
    System that can run the OS, stream the games, play the games, etc.
    Whoopity do.
    In my case, I have a game PC, and small Home Theater PC that can sit in the living room, hooked to TV, and stream games from main PC to the TV, or even just run it straight off the HTPC and do the same thing.
    Console gamers don't have that luxury, so to speak. But this whole bringing PC gaming to Big screen idea is just a dumb thing to begin with. PC's have always had the ability to game on big screen or TV's. My First decent gaming PC back in 1999, had the ability to run Dual Monitors, and/or out put to the TV. I even ran it like that for a few games back then. Yeah, you had a big computer case sitting next to the TV, but it was capable of back then.
    SteamOS should be a bigger break through than the Steam Machines In my opinion. the stupid controller thats delaying this thing is just a niche thing, that isn't really needed, as you can connect any controller, keyboard, mouse to the system you want, and play the games regardless. Its not required, so delaying because of Controller issues is just dumb.
    And, a Steam Machine aka SteamBox, is just a proprietary gaming PC with SteamOS installed on it, nothing else. (Granted with varying pricing and hardware configurations, but thats it)

Steam Box is a nice idea, but its not a make or break concept, well, at least the Controller for it isn't. Since you can use whatever you want with it.

The Marketing of this thing is what is going to make or break the the system/platform/concept.

Steam already has the Market/Service and pricing for games down, to make sales, and the Library of software there.

The Hopefully more Efficient OS to run the games (less overhead than say Windows on the systems hardware, leave more resources for games to use and run better), along with Hardware driver support for various configurations (this latter part will be critical for the OS aspect and ensure the systems run smoothly).

By the time it comes out, I hate to say it, but I think the "Hype" on Steam Machines will have run their course and run out of Steam, pun intended.

Things were too hyped up last year, early part of this year, and then seeing them constantly revise the oh so important, damned controller, may have hurt them in the long run.

It may still sell well, but with current Gen Consoles already well into their first year of sales and popularity, Steam Machines may be able to make more of an impact in a couple years from now, once the novelty of getting a new Next Gen Console has worn off, and people want More, Better, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Mkowaacupe View Post
    Im not getting into an argument about which system has a more retarded ruleset, regardless of baiting.
    Cool, no problem, here, let me help you with that, just add it to one more retarded ruleset...

(for future reference, if you're a known spammer, IP, Email, username, etc, Do not bother posting in threads, or to my replies, or any other moderators or admins for that matter, there's at least 3 of us in this thread here, I will find you, and I will ban you. Have a nice day )
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -paddling-blackadder-jpg  
    Last edited by ShyguyXPC; November 3rd, 2016 at 06:58 PM.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

If you are already a member, please login above.

Thread Information