+ Reply to Thread
    Goverment property now GroundZero3's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Battlefield 3 is free until June 3rd!

https://www.origin.com/en-us/store/b...andard-edition

Add it to your library now and you can play it later!

So what are these "Powerful New Features" that are not available for the standard that the premium has?

Doesn't list them, just wondering?

Blog Entries
    Gain access powerful new features such as the ability to reset stats if you want a fresh start, queue priority into servers and new decals for Platoon emblems. Plus, join unique events like Double XP weekends and take part in exclusive competitions
    Nothing really big

ah, nothing really important then, I'm not a huge BF fan or player, but its free, I have Origin (for other games) and might be worth jumping in every now and then with a few friends for old time sake.

Downloading now.

I got it cheap in a Humble Bundle, and still have not played it.

UGH... installed and ready to play...

How do I say this gently...

I, JUST, WANT, TO, PLAY, THE, DAMN, GAME!!!!

Seriously, why is it gamers need to open a web browser, and access all sorts of social media crap?

I don't care how many of my in game friends have become friends with other people (friends who play other Origin games like The Simpsons Tapped Out, etc).

and then you select which you want to play first, Coop, Matches, Campaign (single player)...

Oh, but it ain't over yet... then it needs a special browser plugin to download and install to even START the desired game mode... WTF?

And THEN... wait for a while for it to start up, and sit through all the dang start up video clips, logo's, etc.

THEN, you finally get to the main menu, and can start customizing the game before playing.

I gave up last night while configuring keybinds, figured I'll try some time today, or another day.

Was getting tired after a few hours of Skyrim and Kerbal Space Program last night.

Blog Entries
    I would skip the single player game, its boring

Thinking about buying some PS3 Minecraft, and I don't know why, as I rarely even play PC Minecraft lately. Too many games to choose from.
    I was about to open BF3 and have a look, until you mentioned the social media crap and browser hijackers that go with it. Or is that just the free version?

its for all versions, it has to do with Origin's game service, they use your stock web browser to implement their online aspect, rather than like Steam that uses their own online browser app.

thats basically what it is.

There's a lot of CRAP on the page for users/gamers, that really doesn't need to be there, Steam's is more well organized and streamlined IMO, but if you played Battlefield Heroes years ago, it was one of the first DICE/EA/Origin games to require a browser to play the regular non browser games, its just grown/evolved over time.

Origin has their own app, like Steam, but seems to also use a web browser or something at least it did last night.

in any case, now I can't even get origin to launch the damn game, says some BS about Syncing to the cloud, gets 100% in a couple seconds, and then... Nothing.

Blog Entries
    Yeah its annoying and anytime an update/dlc comes out, you have to update the browser plugin manually which is dumb

Prof. of DooGlian Studies MegalosSkylaki's Avatar
    What is a Humble Bundle and are Proud DooGs allowed to eat one ?
    FIRST TEN YEARS ANNIVERSARY HONOR ROLL
    this April 18th, 2014 and will be Officially Celebrated That Day! SEE http://www.techimo.com/forum/imo-com...ml#post1070600

If you don't mind making a charitable contribution, and getting a discount price on some good games, then try here, Doog.
    https://www.humblebundle.com/

Have bought several humble bundles, usually paying more than the average, to get the extra bonus stuff, and I like how your allowed to redistribute the "Donation" or payment to the charities or developers as you wish.

I usually divide the amount up, giving more to the charities and less to the developer, since that's kind of why its set up, to give financial support to various charities, etc.

About the same way I thought of it. I only had the one bundle, so far though. Some have been very tempting, or came when I was a little too strapped for cash to pay enough that I didn't feel like I was mooching.

yeah, bought a couple bundles, one for smartphone games (Android) and a couple for PC games, one specifically was most of Bohemia Interactives games (Arma 2, and several others, already had them, but saved them to my steam account as Gifts for my brother once he's got his rig).

Been a few I would of liked getting too, but usually when I'm broke, so missed out on them.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

If you are already a member, please login above.

Thread Information