+ Reply to Thread

Civilization 5 Complete edition for $9.49

So last week one of my dogs broke my trusty Asus T100 laptop/tablet. I ended up replacing it with a Surface Pro 3 I5/128gb so that I wouldn't have to carry around my aging iPad first gen to take my handwritten class notes.

With a more powerful mobile PC I am able to play some games on it. One of the games that is fully touch enabled and is a game that I have been wanting to play for a while now is Civ 5.

On Steam the complete edition (which has all expansion packs and DLC) is going for $25, but on MacGameStore: Mac Games and More you can get a Steam key for the complete edition for $9.49 with the coupon code PCGAMES5OFF.

Here is the direct link to the deal page. Civilization V: The Complete Edition | macgamestore.com

Don't forget to put in the coupon code at checkout to get the extra 50 cents off.

Also, don't worry about it being sold at a mac store. You get a Steam key for the game with gives you the Mac, Linux, and Windows version of the game.

Hope some fellow TIMO gamers on the fence about this game jump in on this deal.

-Biz

PS - Any long time Civ 5 fans who have some tips for beginners that you want to share, please do so. Thanks.

Edit: Just got Bastion For $2.81 at Green Man Gaming (you get a Steam key) with coupon code R83MJ-JIQRA-4WLKI. I think this coupon applies to the whole order (25% off), so make sure you look to see if there are any other games you are interested in as well. There was nothing else that I wanted or that I didn't already have with Playstation Plus, or that could be played with integrated graphics (The SP3 is fast, but it is not a gaming machine).
    Last edited by Bizkitkid2001; December 24th, 2014 at 05:31 PM.
    One by one the penguins steal my sanity.

TechIMO Folding@home Team #111 - Crunching for the cure!

Bought it earlier this past year, in a sale, Civ 3, 4 and 5, haven't played in a couple months, but Civ 5 is one of the better ones.

usually set up a game against several AI, and at least twice as many city states to play with. I've got about 20-25 hours in the game, but my brother has about 100 hours, and a friend has 300-400 hours of game play in on it as well.

my brother hasn't played it in a couple months either, but plays on his Intel HD graphics based laptop, and does ok, but should be night and day difference with more AI and what not once he gets his PC.

The touch controls work really well with the game. I just started a random game to learn it a bit. At the beginning it goes pretty slow but then picks up. I feel so vulnerable as there are 3 city states and 4 other countries surrounding my little town of Rome.

As for the performance, so far it works very well on high settings with shadows turned to low at 2160x1440 resolution. The frame rate seems to be around 30fps. I wonder how much of a performance hit the game will take with more AI and larger maps.

Transistor, the spiritual successor to Bastion, is on sale right now for 66% off on Steam. I had put this on my wish list on Steam so that I would remember to get it during the next sale once I finished Bastion, but for $6.79 I might as well get it now.

I've got a good mix of games on my new Surface that will help me pass the time between my classes next Semester. A couple days of the week I have a 5 hour gap between two classes.

With a wireless Xbox 360 controller, the SP3 has turned out to be a great portable gaming machine, as long as you avoid graphically intense games. The Intel HD 4400 (320 GFLOPS) is faster than the GPUs in both the PS3 (192 GFLOPS) and Xbox 360 (240 GFLOPS), but PC games aren't as optimized as console versions so you need more power to get the same level of fidelity. The PS3 and Xbox 360 both also have dedicated hardware upscalers which allows the systems to render a frame at a much smaller resolution and still output a clear image. This upscaling can't be produced on a PC as easily, so if you run a game at the same resolution as the PS3 and Xbox 360 version, the image is very blurry with text being unreadable.

The games I have picked up this holiday sale are:

-Spintires ($10.19)
    -Brothers a Tale of Two Sons ($1.49) - I already got this for free with PS Plus, but I have not got around to playing it on my PS3. I will most likely play it more on my SP3, and with it being 90% off, the price was a steal.
    -Civilization V Complete ($9.49)
    -Dust: An Elysian Tail ($3.74)
    -South Park: The Stick of Truth ($13.59)
    -Gone Home ($3.99)
    -FTL: Advanced Edition ($2.49) - However, this game does not yet support touch screen inputs. The developers are working on a Windows 8 touch interface since this game has now been released on iPad.

Seven games for $45 is pretty good, even if 6 of them are Indie games. But these represent the cream of the crop of Indie games.
    Last edited by Bizkitkid2001; December 28th, 2014 at 03:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by AbrahamNady View Post
    So, my brother told me the other day that PS3 lovers might be left out in the cold in regards to DLC content. Is this true? He kept telling me that the Skyrim game for the PS3 was "broken" and that Bethesda wasnt going to do much else for it. Is this true? How is it "broken"?
    Bye Bye Abraham... IP Reports for 93.171.43.188

Quote Originally Posted by heartless View Post
    no one comments.

... And "Heartless"... IP Reports for 118.70.185.225

Quick Reply Quick Reply

If you are already a member, please login above.

Thread Information