+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Watch Dogs is $15. Worth it?

Its the lowest price since the game was released but I'm still not sure if it is worth $15 if it still has many problems with the game. I may wait to see if it shows up during the encore sale.
    One by one the penguins steal my sanity.

TechIMO Folding@home Team #111 - Crunching for the cure!

$15 is a damn good price, but with the bugs its hard to say, I'd have to say its still a good deal, however, I'm broke more or less myself, and sucks, as I would jump on that, though, hope its still on some decent sale later after I get paid.

I spent about 10+ hours playing New Vegas last night, with the Gun Runners Arsenal DLC I bought, not that they are ever that expensive, but I'm at the point where after 10 continuous hours, I'm more or less played out on FO NV, at this point, I MAY get around to putting more time in, or it may sit there for a few weeks/month before I get back to it, LOL.

I do use Cheats for God Mode, however, I really don't want to entirely nerf the game, and use cheats for speeding up character speeds, or using teleporting from location to location, I just wish the damn characters would actually RUN in these games, other than a moderate Jog, as there really isn't much difference in speed between walk and run. Skyrim, my character can run a decent speed, but thats after 40-50+ hours of gameplay. FO games, its worse, like it was in Oblivion.

Oh that sucks...

Watch Dogs, $15

Cities Skylines, $20

Shadows of Mordor, $25

Chivalry (Spent $7 about 2 weeks ago on it, now its $2.50)

that sucks, ArmA 3 was down to nearly $25 yesterday, back up to $38 today, despite normal price being $60, was hoping to buy a 2nd copy to send to a friend.

Me and a bunch of others got in on the Alpha for $25, and ended up with full game afterwards for that price, but seeing the game and playing it, I honestly can't see why they are charging $60 for the damn thing, compared to ArmA 2 before it, it looks much nicer, plays nicer for most part, but for what you actually get (content) there's not much there, most of it relies on the Modding community and occasional DLC releases, which is ridiculous for what they are asking for those in price, as well.

Thanks to the damn "popularity" of that damned DayZ mod that was back on ArmA 2's engine, now there's more popularity to the games, and developer, and I think they're milking consumers for extra money, where as before, it was lesser known, and more of a niche/"cult" following from those of us that used to know them from Operation Flash Point days back in the late 90's early 2000's.

most DLC for ArmA 2 were at or below $10. Now, you're looking at $10-15. I bought both ArmA 2 and its Stand Alone Expansion Operation Arrowhead, for about $20 (retail box, both in one box, Combined Operations pack), 4-5 years ago.

Picked it up on steam for about $10-15 on sale last year.

and now its usually $20-25 on steam, non sale price.

Prices went up on it too.

ArmA 3 though, $60, not worth the full price, if they were asking $40-45, MAYBE, but $60 is too much, then you add on one of their more recent DLC for $15 more, and another for $15 more, and now you're looking at $90...

Or, you can get it all bundled in one pack for about $70-75.

In any case, I'm missing out on a few deals.

Arma3 may come back for the Encore sale. I swore I saw it for $20 on the first day in a flash sale. If it does come back during the encore sale it will be at the flash sale price.

I'm hoping for Rogue and Unity to go cheaper. They have been on sale for $35 several times in the past month on other sites, so them being on sale right now for $35 is no big deal ($33 each if you buy the bundle).

I ended up getting the Borderlands The Pre-Sequel + Season Pass $25 deal tonight. The next flash sale starts in 10 minutes and I hope for more games on my wishlist to show up.
    Last edited by Bizkitkid2001; June 14th, 2015 at 12:51 AM.

Dead Space, Dead Space 2, Wolfenstein The New Order, and Watch Dogs (I got the deluxe edition for $1 more) purchased. Down to $25 in my steam wallet. I should have bought two of those gift cards.
    Last edited by Bizkitkid2001; June 14th, 2015 at 01:30 AM.

latest flash sales, one of my wish list items, Road Redemption (spiritual successor/remake of the old Road Rash Series) down to $8.

It is a joke how much Activision is still asking for old CoD games. They still have Black Ops II marked as $60, so even if they have an amazing "50%" sale, the game still cost $30. I'm not going to spend $30 just to play through a 5 hour single player campaign in a game that came out in 2012.

At least Far Cry 4 is marked down to $30 now. This is the lowest I have seen it on steam, but I'll hold off and see if it shows up in a flash sale. If not, I'll get it during the encore sale.
    Last edited by Bizkitkid2001; June 14th, 2015 at 01:21 PM.

same with World At War, I saw the price on that the other day, and was thinking, damn it, that thing should be less than $10, hell, less than $5 by now.

Currently just a smidge below $10, $9.79 with its "massive" 51% off...

mainly wanted it for the Multiplayer coop zombie shooting mode, and it was sort of a throw back to the original COD games, with its WWII theme.

However, after getting tired of that, a year or two ago i bought Left 4 Dead 2 for cheap, and haven't really looked back.

That is crazy. Its been years since I bought WaW from Direct 2 Drive. I still have the install file saved on my NAS since for a while it looked liked D2D was going bye bye.

It was their last WWII game, but I did not know until recently that WaW is actually the first game in the Black Ops story line.

I know for a while back in the early 2000s the game market was swamped with WWII shooters, but now that we are in the next generation the market is lacking a big budget AAA WWII single player campaign shooter. It would be great if next gen WWII shooters were both released for the MOH and COD franchise.

I didn't mention Battlefield because DICE said they are not going to be doing single player campaigns anymore for future Battlefield games. However, if they released a completely updated next gen Battlefield 1942 I would definitely get it, hopefully get many of the old TIMO ClanIMO members back together for a few games.
    Last edited by Bizkitkid2001; June 14th, 2015 at 01:38 PM.

$8.74 for Fable Aniv. is a good deal, but I probably won't get around to playing it before the winter sale comes along, so I'll pass on it for now.

The same with Grim Fandango Remastered. Under $8 will full controller support is tempting, but I know I will plays a lot of other games first and it will go on sale several more times.

I may get Ethan Carter if it shows up in the encore sale. This seems like a game I may play soon since it is an extremely short game.

I still haven't gotten around to really getting into Civilization 5 that I got during the winter sale, even with it being optimized for the Surface Pro line, the game is too difficult to pick up and play for a few minutes between classes which was the reason why I got it in the first place. This game seems more like a game that needs a couple hours dedicated to it during each play session like a Total War game. The touch controls work great on my SP3 however, so when I do play it I won't have to sit in front of my desktop (which I haven't done in almost a year, yay for remote desktop and wireless Xbox 360 controller!).

And speaking of Total War, I really want Rome II but will wait until the winter sale as it should be closer to $20 by then.

Check Origin regularly. They may put on offers to try countering Steam's sale prices. Or maybe some free games.

I've been checking Origin a few times, but the games I wanted that Origin has I've already purchased. Although it doesn't help that their store is poorly laid out making it hard to find games in the first place. Plus, dealing with Origin is a nightmare. It breaks games, doesn't integrate with Steam, and has no controller support. I have my desktop hooked up to my 55" in my bedroom and I play from my bed with a wireless Xbox 360 controller. Basically I only buy games from Origin that can only be purchased from Origin, like Dragon Age Inquisition, Mass Effect 3, Dead Space 3, etc...

UPlay on the other hand has some Steam integration and it has controller support so you don't need a mouse or keyboard to start a UPlay game, or you can use Big Picture Mode in Steam to start a UPlay game. As much as Ubisoft is hated by gamers, EA is even worse when it comes to support.

EDIT: Anyone played The Legend of Korra game? I really want to get it but it has mixed reviews. On Steam is has very positive reviews but most critic reviews don't rate it that high saying it is repetitive and many of the levels aren't designed that well. I am a fan of the Avatar series but I am not sure if I will ever play the game, but it is cheap right now, but I still don't want to throw away $4.
    Last edited by Bizkitkid2001; June 14th, 2015 at 04:09 PM.

Shyguy, have you played Dust an Elysian Tale? It is $5 right now and well worth it. I got it last year and loved it. I beat it 100%.

The most amazing thing about the game is that it was made by one guy. All the art, game design, story, and programming. The only outside help he had was for the music and advertisement. It is a really polished game.

No, heard of it, just hadn't looked into it, now its on my wish list.

Battlefield, well that sucks, so basically no Bad Company 3 then?

As to resurrecting 1942... yeah, look how that went on last gen consoles, they teased that to the PC crowd, then pulled a 180 and f*cked us over, making a partial game for console release, "1943", I think on Xbox Arcade or whatever, as well as PS3, and then claimed it would be coming to PC soon, and never did.

It was around that same time I more or less gave up on Dice/EA.

Was also around same time as the joke, Battlefield Heroes, debuted, which was just they're attempt at a TF2 competitor.

I think I have BF3, and I believe on Origin I got the basic BF4 for free when they were giving them away or something, also have Titanfall I got free through them too, haven't looked to see what else was free lately.

pretty much most of my miniscule Origin library is free give away games.

Titanfall, Dragon Age Origins, BF3, BF4 and BF BC2 (though the latter is the only one I paid for, but it was registered under my account back before they debuted Origin, and has since been added to my account to download at a later time, also have classics from the original "Origin" Developer before EA bought them, Wing Commander 3, Crusader, etc.

Civ 5... yeah, couple hours to sit and play, AT LEAST...

if not more accurately 3/4's of a day or more to play a match, or even single player.

You get sucked in, and don't realize how much time passes, and before you know it, 12 hours later, "Just one or two more turns", and 4 hours later, you're still playing...

Yeah, there were some good Civ prices on there, but I have lost way too much of my life to Civ games already. I'm scared to buy any more of them.

I had hours sucked away playing Civ 1, SNES version, and some time sucked away on Civ 2 or 3 years later, don't know what ever happened to those discs, perhaps it was a demo I was playing I'm thinking of, in any case, myself, not a huge amount of time, but 42 hours of that game and it feels like a LOT more than 42 hours logged. I have a couple friends who have logged 300-500 hours in that game.

42 hours of most any other type of game is a lot, but for a Sim game like it, turn based strategy, it somehow to me feels like a lot more.

Meanwhile I've put in a lot more hours in other games,

204 in Skyrim, 155 in Insurgency, 97 in Kerbal Space Program, 92 in Space Engineers, 72 in Just Cause 2, 52 in Dishonored, 49 in ArmA 3, 44 in Fallout New Vegas, 42 in Civ 5, and 30 in Saints Row 3, after that it falls off noticeably, less than 20 hours for every other game on my list.

Excluding the thousands, possibly more hours playing Joint Operations for nearly 7 or 8 years (quick bit of math, probably close to 4-5K hours in that game at least, but haven't played it much in the last 3 years, maybe 5 hours tops, as ArmA 2 took over as the primary MilSim game after that), and several hundred or more hours playing ArmA 2 (non Steam).

Just noticed another game on sale, Endless Legend.

Only 204 hours in Skyrim? pfffttt... that isn't even enough to do half of the stuff in the game

Total, I have over 800 hours between 3 characters in Skyrim, and 500 hours in Oblivion between two characters. My first character I beat Skyrim with I accidentally deleted from the Playstation online game save backup when I was making room for more game saves and she is now lost forever. I remembered that I had a little over 220 hours with that character (I have that included in my 800 hour total). I still have more to do in Skyrim as well as I have not finished the dragon born DLC yet (game kept crashing on a certain quest and I have not gone back to see if the latest PS3 patch has fixed it). I've also thought about getting Skyrim for PC but I am afraid to roll a 4th character. I really hope TES VI gets announced within the next year now that Fallout 4 has a release date of this year.

The current Flash sale deals don't include any games that look interesting to me. Hopefully the next flash sale has more from my wish list.

I ended up getting Far Cry 4 Gold Edition after seeing that it was marked off 60% compared to 50% for just the base game which meant that you were only paying $6 more for the deluxe edition content and season pass which makes it a great deal. My GTX 970 just loves this game, it so purdy paw! Although I did have to turn of the Nvidia gameworks shadows to maintain 60fps, the shadows would drop me into the 30s in heavy forest areas.

I'm currently playing Dead Space with the lights off on a 55" TV with surround sound and it is scary. I need to stay up for at least another 4 hours, so this game getting my adrenaline pumping is a good thing.
    Last edited by Bizkitkid2001; June 15th, 2015 at 03:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by paul9 View Post
    Yeah, there were some good Civ prices on there, but I have lost way too much of my life to Civ games already. I'm scared to buy any more of them.
    Don't think of it as losing your life, but gaining valuable political, social, and leadership skills.

I picked up Civ 5 complete edition for less than $10 in the winter, and steam has it right now for $12.50. You know you want it.

And once you get it, you can teach me how to play it

The Tell Tale package looks very tempting at $61. You get all of Tell Tale's games, including their newest ones like Game of Thrones, Borderlands, and The Wolf Among Us. Those three alone would normally be more than $61.

The only thing stopping me from getting it is that I already own most of the Tell Tale games on my PS3 that I picked up during a 99 cent PSN sale where I got many of Tell Tale's games for 99 cents each (that was the full game price, not the per episode price).
    Last edited by Bizkitkid2001; June 15th, 2015 at 03:57 AM.

yeah, not sure how far I am in Skyrim, as I have all the DLC for it now too, I know the Dawnguard one I finished, but Dragonborn haven't, as I haven't even finished the main quest in the game, though have quite a few side quests completed, but I spend a lot of time wandering, and literally exploring in that game, usually on a given quest, and along the way, EVERY location I come across explore it, even if it leads me to a massive ruins or cavern, or something, and as I'm traveling, if something pops up on the compass as a new location, I tend to side track towards it to see what it is, and get side tracked, so It takes me a while to do even the side quests, LOL.

THEN, there are a ton of Total Conversions or other Skyrim related mods I want to get with additional quests and stories to it.

problem is, I get sucked into these games, 8, 10, 18 hours or more in a day, or over the course of a week, then get "burnt out" and it sits for weeks, months, even years before I get back to playing some.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

If you are already a member, please login above.

Thread Information