+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Bizkitkid2001 View Post
    It is a joke how much Activision is still asking for old CoD games. They still have Black Ops II marked as $60, so even if they have an amazing "50%" sale, the game still cost $30. I'm not going to spend $30 just to play through a 5 hour single player campaign in a game that came out in 2012.
    LOL, I came by just to comment about that! Special price on original CoD is 7.49, regular 15 bucks. Who are they kidding?

I think I'm going to buy a game (haven't done that since GTA V). Civ 5 complete edition looks fun. I like RTS and turn based stuff and have some money set aside that was supposed to be for Total War: Rome II but that turned out to be a huge joke.

Good, then you can teach me how to play Civ 5

I should have waited one more day to get Deadspace 1 and 2 as it is now part of the Monster sale. I got both for $17 and now both can be had for just $7.

I figured their flash sale price would have been the lowest, but it seems the Monster game sale prices are even lower, but only if a game makes it on the list through playing the Monster game.

Anyhoo, Neptunia Reb1rth dropped down to $9 so I figured I might as well get it since I plan on watching the anime soon. The good thing it that is plays great on my SP3 at 1920x1080, which means this can become a great mobile game. I had been wanting to get it for my Vita but paying $9 for the PC version is a lot cheaper than the $30 Vita price.
    Last edited by Bizkitkid2001; June 16th, 2015 at 02:50 AM.
    One by one the penguins steal my sanity.

TechIMO Folding@home Team #111 - Crunching for the cure!

Blog Entries
    >>turn on Civ at 9:30
    >>play a few turns
    >>glance at clock
    >>1:17am
    >>ohgawd.jpg

I miss the RTS aspect of Total War, but in contrast the tech tree and diplomacy options are a lot deeper, so there's a lot more actual nation building going on instead of just steam-rolling an opponent with hordes of cheap infantry.

Quote Originally Posted by tony_j15 View Post
    >>turn on Civ at 9:30
    >>play a few turns
    >>glance at clock
    >>1:17am
    >>ohgawd.jpg
    Pretty Much how it goes... LOL

Quote Originally Posted by tony_j15 View Post
    I miss the RTS aspect of Total War, but in contrast the tech tree and diplomacy options are a lot deeper, so there's a lot more actual nation building going on instead of just steam-rolling an opponent with hordes of cheap infantry.

Hey hey now... I prefer to not use cheap infantry, but to box in my enemy on all sides (especially AI) and contain them by building cities and expanding land, keep them at bay by controlling the world congress and what not, and vote for policies that are advantageous for me, but keep them in the "stone age", then I launch modern warfare weapons at them, you know, a whole fleet of warships off their coasts, subs taking up positions just outside their sea territory to take down any warships making a run for it... long range artillery, send in tank platoons to do quick raids on cities and units, aircraft such as choppers and such for quick strikes, bomber runs, launch nuke missiles on them, stuff like that, until they surrender, or I just annex the city if they have rare/valuable mines/resources nearby (Aluminum, Uranium, Oil, Coal, etc). If nothing nearby other than farm/woodlands, I just leave them as a puppet city.

But I've had quite a few cocky AI threaten me, and then start converting my cities to their religions, only to suffer at my hand later on...

I remember one run in the game, I attacked and beat back one opponent 3 times, before going all in on him the 3rd time, sort of a 1st gulf war thing, could of gone all the way to baghdad but backed off and let things "cool" for a while, then went in again, took over a couple more cities, and backed off, till all that was left was capitol and one city, and only a few units, with exception of stray seafaring units out exploring, in which case, my sub and cruisers had fun hunting them down, probably had 50 seafaring units out and about across the worlds oceans keeping an eye on things. Most coastal cities I had, which were strategically set up across the globe, with half a dozen small expanded territories, each city had ranged units garrisoned there, so any enemy ships came with in striking distance, would suffer damage or be destroyed before they got close.

So enemy ships had literally no where to go till they were hunted down and destroyed.

Blog Entries
    Love it. I was playing the tutorial map to get the feel of it, so it was all clubs and arrows. Can't wait to get to the point where I can start launching high-tech attacks. Reminds me of Rise of Nations, when you could get out-teched and end up fighting jet planes against medieval calvary if you didn't keep up.

yup, usually the AI if they do keep up, if not set too high in difficulty, if you're launching planes, tanks, Mech's (yes you can advance to using Mech's), they might have advanced to muskets by that time, but its still usually a slaughter if you attack them. Though I have seen Musket units take out a WWII era tank unit before, usually because it was too close to a city or range unit attacking while the infantry finished it off.

the old Empire Earth games I used to do that in all the time, though RTS and not turn based, but build Mecha and other advanced units and stomp over enemy that were still in stone age. Defeat them with out ever firing a shot, just step on the units, LOL.

But Later stages of Civ 5 can be tedious, especially finding Uranium and Aluminum mines, you HAVE to either attack enemy to take areas adjacent to settlements with mines, set up some stupid if not almost useless trade deals which usually result in very little resources that you need, and end up giving up a fair amount of others you have that still need.

Or, you keep sending out settlers in unclaimed territory and establish a new city, and expand lands around it, build up the city, and mine resources from it, set up shipping lanes and trade back and forth between rest of empire.

I was at the point last time I played, of doing the latter, and kept adding 2 or 3 new cities every hour or so, to the point I had something like 50 settlements across the globe, and then certain wonders or achievements you have to have every city you have, have a certain structure or be leveled up to a certain amount before you can build that wonder, or whatever... so it was a never ending battle add more cities for additional resources, then spend an eternity leveling them up, almost done, add a few more, start leveling up, etc, and never quite reaching that point to add that wonder or build it, or achievement, etc.

This year's E3 has to be the best one in years. I haven't been this excited for future game releases in a long time.

1. Final Fantasy VII Remake (A real remake, not just an HD upscale)
    2. The Last Guardian is finally going to be a reality after waiting for 8 years
    3. Horizon: Zero Dawn is finally a chance for Guerrilla Games to show that they can make more than military shooter. New IPs are always great.
    4. Battle Zone is a game I played a lot when I was a kid at the arcades and this could be the game that makes me purchase Project Morpheus.

And the best announcement, bigger than FFVII Remake and The Last Gaurdian, is of course Shenmue III. I have been waiting for this game for half of my life. I thought that I would die before this game ever came out. Shenmue was the first game that taught me that games were more than jumping on moving platforms and eating mushrooms. A lot of people wanted this game, and the Kickstart proved that notion by becoming the second fastest Kickstarter campaign to reach $1 million dollars. It only took 1 hour and 47 minutes to raise $1 million and it currently has over $3 million after less than 2 days.

The announcement of Shenmue 3 also means that the leaked images showing a remastered release for Shenmue 1 and 2 for PS4 and PC is most likely true. The leaked image also hinted towards a Shenmue 3 release, but most people thought that Shenmue 3 was so unlikely that the leaked image must have been a fake.

EDIT: I almost forgot to mention another unexpected announcement. South Park: The Fractured but Whole, the sequel to South Park: The Stick of Truth. Everyone thought SP: TSoT was just going to be a one time thing.
    Last edited by Bizkitkid2001; June 17th, 2015 at 11:22 PM.

Back to the Steam Summer Sale.

Never Alone dropped to $6 so I picked it up.

Arma III has dropped to $24 as part of the Daily Deal, but you may want to wait and see if it shows up in the Flash or Monster sale Shyguy.

Dust an Elysian Tail is now $3. Buy it. Buy it. Buy it. Give this guy money so that he can finish the feature length animated movie he is working on (Yes, this guy is so talented he can make a video game and a movie).
    Last edited by Bizkitkid2001; June 17th, 2015 at 11:18 PM.

Man, Never Alone is beautiful. As you play the game and reach certain checkpoints, a prompt will come up that lets you watch a video that tells you about certain cultural references that you see in the game. IE, when you meet your friend the white fox you can watch a video that tells you the significance of the white fox to the Alaskan Natives. What makes the videos really good is that they aren't just boring short documentaries but rather interviews with real Alaskan Natives describing their culture.

It is literally like watching a movie with breaks of gameplay. This is much better than other games where you read notes or books you find in the game that you most often just skip over so you never learn the backstory.

The only downside is the game is short, only about 3 hours. The good news is that the studio said that this is the first game in their "World Game" series which means that they plan on making similar games about other cultures.

Also, Dead Space has kind of lost its scariness by Chapter 7.

EDIT: I need a Dominic and a Bob Monster trading card if anyone wants to trade.
    Last edited by Bizkitkid2001; June 18th, 2015 at 05:58 AM.

I just got a Bob card buying a couple games.

And Total War Warhammer looks amazing. I just now found out about this even though it was announced back in April.

Also, Dead Space turned the scariness factor up in Chapters 9 and 10.

Well yesterday didn't really add any big name titles, I just couldn't really see myself spending $20+ on any games this time around, though I think I might have spent close to that, but most I wanted were $25-40 with discounts.

I REALLY want GTA 5 now, but Rockstar screwing over gamers, offering the game at a discount, then giving them free shark cards or tiger cards plus an older game from their library, jacking up the price back to $60.

But I picked up The Talos Principle, Tachyon: The Fringe (an old space shooter cult classic), The Mysterious Cities of Gold (though its a "kids game" I remember watching the cartoon as a kid, and the game is well done in that vein), Victory at Sea (this was the $20 title I think, its a top down RTS WWII Sea battle type game, figured I'd give it a try, as its a bit of a twist on the genre), Ori and the Blind Forest.

And just today, Among the Sleep, looked like a cool fps horror themed game, you play a 2 year old child exploring the house and scary adventure type gameplay.

Last night I finally started play South Park The Stick Of Truth, its funny as South Park always is, LMAO, Opened one house and a woman standing butt naked screaming "Ahhhhh", open another house and a guy sitting on couch with blanket over his lap whacking off, LOL

Typical Potty humor, but there was some funny satirical humor and other jabs at people, characters and what not.

Hidden under that is an actual classic RPG style game, you fight characters kind of like old school RPG's with turn based gameplay, but roam around finding stuff, leveling up weapons, armor, characters, etc, while playing through the story line.

Also picked up the entire Just Cause collection for under $4 (Just Cause, Just Cause 2 and all its DLC), for a gift to send to a friend of my brother, I don't remember if he already has it, but if he does, have a couple friends that might be interested, and possibly have some fun in JC2 Multiplayer Mod as well.

Got the AC: Rogue and AC: Unity pack for $55. This makes it the cheapest price for each game at $27.50. I got the Bob card with this order so that completes the Monster Hunter card set badge.

I think I am going to hold of on Ori and the Blind Forest until it goes on sale again as I have enough games to last me the next year now, and I know Ori is going to be cheaper in a few months.

EDIT: I'm glad for the new internet speeds. Rogue is only 8GB, but Unity is 45GB

And I thought Wolfenstein was bad at 40GB.

I do wish that Steam would automatically change download severs if one becomes busy. Rogue was at 10.5MB/s for the first 80% and only had 1 minute left to download when the speeds dropped to 50 KB/s. I had to change the download server to a different location and restart steam before getting back up to 10.5MB/s.

I also wish my wireless bridge had gigabit lan ports instead of T100. My desktop is limited to 10.5MB/s due to maxing out the T100 connection and not my internet speed. I never thought My internet speed would be faster than my LAN speed, lol.

There aren't many options for wireless bridges with gigabit ports either. I have a 5 year old D-Link Wireless N Media bridge with gigabit ports but it started having stability problems. I thought about buying the newer version of this bridge but a lot of people are complaining about the gigabit ports failing after just a month or two. Several people have gone through multiple bridge replacements with D-Link.

So I purchased a Trendnet bridge with gigabit ports but I couldn't even get it to connect to my wireless network after the first day. It worked for one day and the no longer worked after that, no matter what I tried. This bridge also has horrible reviews but it was on sale for a really cheap price so I thought I would risk it. Luckily, since I purchased it from Amazon, getting a full refund was as simple as filling out a simple online return form. The return shipping was free as well.

So after the Trendnet, there were no other gigabit bridges that are Wieless N300 or N450 to even buy. I could have purchased an N300 or N450 router that supported bridge mode, but that would have been more than I was willing to spend and a larger router wouldn't fit where I would want to put it to get the best signal in my room.

So I settled on a cheap TP-Link N450 wireless bridge with only a T100 switch (Which makes no sense having a 450mbps wireless connection but only a 100mbps lan port, which makes the 450mbps wireless connection almost useless). It works great but the lack of gigabit can be a headache sometimes, especially when transfering files from my Synology Diskstation to my Desktop (both are connected to the same media bridge switch and thus are limited to T100 speeds).
    Last edited by Bizkitkid2001; June 19th, 2015 at 10:34 PM.

Unless I find some deals less than $5, my spending is done, now that I have $200 to last for the next 2 weeks, LOL.

after topping off tank from near empty, and nearly $90 spent on a few groceries and a new garden hose at walmart yesterday (expanding ones, and then I had to but some Zyrtec-D and Flonase, which was about half the bill right there), plus my car insurance payment, and then I scheduled an Oil Change Tuesday morning.

So that will drop me to close to $150 or less for another week or so.

Go in for a Dentist appointment on the 30th, and have to have about $30 on side to pay out of pocket for Nitrous, as I will have a couple teeth being pulled, med insurance won't pay for the nitro.

But I forgot to mention I picked up both of the main ArmA 3 DLC yesterday too, was just over $10 each, down from their regular $15 a piece.

Since me and a friend are trying to get back into that game, and possibly some others, figured to pick up the two other DLC and have everything at our fingers. I already bought the cheap Go Kart DLC for it, but that was just for fun a couple months ago.

I just assessed my summer sale damage and I really wish I had purchased an extra steam gift card. I did not think I was going to buy as much as I did.

The team that did did the Assassin's Creed Rogue PC port did a much better job at optimizing the game than the Black Flag team. They remembered to implement triple buffering this time so the game has no problems running at a locked 60fps at the highest graphical settings. With Black Flag it took a work around to get triple buffering enabled, but even then the game only utilized about 80% of the GPU and 30% of the CPU which would cause slow downs in certain parts.

Rogue looks just as good as Black Flag, but there are many environmental elements that are missing that made Black Flag feel a lot more immersive. The most noticeable is the lack of collision detection with the foliage. Even though Rogue uses the same bush and tree assets as Black Flag, walking through bushes while in stealth does not cause them to move. Physx is also missing from Rogue, so smoke is no longer interactive and volumetric but instead just 2d sprites.

If I have time this weekend I will try Total War Rome II during the free Total War weekend. I have to un-burying my desk and office chair, setup my keyboard and mouse, and hook back up my 40" TV on my desk to my desktop. This is what happens when you turn your PC into a console, it doesn't work as a desktop anymore unless you reconfigure everything back to the way it was .

Quick Reply Quick Reply

If you are already a member, please login above.

Thread Information