+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Steam Summer sale

The leaked date for the Steam Summer sale is June 11, just three days away.

I ordered a $100 Steam Wallet gift card from Best Buy on eBay for $85. I thought I would share this deal with my fellow TIMO PC gamers.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/321554814712?rmvSB=true

During checkout use code C15FATHERSDAY to take $15 off the order.

The same code will work for the PSN and Nintendo cards as well. You have to purchase 2 $50 PSN or Nintendo cards before the code will work, but in the end it is still the same deal where you get $100 for $85.

Sony $50 PlayStation Network Card | eBay

Nintendo Nintendo eshop Prepaid Card $50 | eBay

I do not know if the code can be used more than once or if it stacks.

EDIT: The shipping is free for the cards, but if you have a Best Buy nearby you can choose to pick up your card from the store.

I have a lot of items on my wish list. The top games I am looking to get during the sale for cheap are AC: Rogue, AC: Unity, and Far Cry 4. I should be able to get those with enough money left over to get 10+ more older games, or even more based off of how many games I was able to get during the winter sale for even less than $100.

What games are you looking forward to seeing go on sale?
    Last edited by Bizkitkid2001; June 8th, 2015 at 11:51 PM.
    One by one the penguins steal my sanity.

TechIMO Folding@home Team #111 - Crunching for the cure!

GTA 5. Please, please, please... PLEASE, go on sale, at least $40-45 and I'll consider it, but $60 regular, no.

Homeworld Remastered Collection.

Stranded Deep.

Shadow of Mordor

Road Redemption

Cities: Skylines

Sid Meier's Civilization: Beyond Earth

Far Cry 4

The Witcher 3

ArmA 3 (already have it, but its gone up so much in price, and want to get one or two copies for some friends).

Watch Dogs

Test Drive Ferrari Legends

Assetto Corsa

Space Quest Collection

Shadow Warrior

Transformers Fall of Cybertron & War for Cybertron

Fallout New Vegas DLC

Fallout 3 and its DLC

Remember Me

Leisure Suit Larry in the Land of the Lounge Lizards: Reloaded

Most of the "main" ones on my Wish list, but quite a few others.

If Just Cause 3 and Star Citizen were out, along with Fallout 4, those would be added too, but have to wait till later in the year, and next year for those

Non-game software:

DIMMdrive

Maya LT

Substance Painter

Substance Indie Pack

Leadwerks Game Engine (and most of the DLC/addons for it)

GeoVox

FaceRig Pro DLC

PD Howler 9.6

3D Coat V4

And various other Software items not specifically games.

Now if only we can get Newegg to have a similar sale on hardware and parts, with the kinds of discounts steam has on their library of games and software, that would be just great!!!

Hatred didn't look that great to me and didn't get the greatest reviews. It's $19.99 currently, but I'd consider it if it were cheaper. But I still think I'd pass on it.

Bad Rats was .24 cents in the store.. if it goes on sale would anyone buy it?

Thanks for giving us the heads up. I don't get paid until Friday, and the sale supposedly starts Thursday.. hope I don't miss out on anything that first day. I'll still try and get the gift card on Friday, though.

I need nothing more than a good deal for Fallout 4.
    They say technology slows down for no one. I know it outruns my wallet. I figure its because my wallet isn't light enough yet.

dulce bellum inexpertis

unless they offer a discounted pre-order, afraid we'll have to wait till the Winter/Holiday Sale, if not spring/summer next year.

The best pre-order deal for Fallout 4 so far has been with Green Man Gaming for $35, but I would not trust this price with GMG after the Far Cry 4 and Witcher 3 debacle. (GMG also has Arkham Knight pre-order for $35, but again, I wouldn't trust that).

Other than that, I have seen the pre-order for Fallout 4 offered at a 10% discount at some other sites which is a more realistic discount.

I already own GTA V on the PS3 but I may pick it up for the PC if it ends up being discounted by a lot, which I doubt. I would only replay the single player campaign as I don't play multiplayer anymore these days.

I'm hoping for a bunch of indies to go on sale for super cheap so I can pick up several for just a few bucks. Child of Light, Valiant Hearts, The Stanley Parable, the Dreamfall series, Broken Age, The Talos Principle, and more.

I may also get the second season of The Walking Dead and the Wolf Among Us even though I already own them on the PS3. I never finished them due to crashing and performance issue (mainly areas where the game would freeze and you would run out of time to select the response you wanted, which became very annoying). The PC version should perform better.

Since I don't have The Game of Thrones and Tales from the Borderlands yet, I'll get them if they are discounted a lot. Right now GoG has all Telltale games for sale but I am hoping that Steam will have bigger discounts.

I hope my gift card gets here soon. The estimated delivery is June 10-17.

EDIT: Just got an email from IGN Deals and cdkeys.com has The Witcher 3 for $28.

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt PC CD Key, Steam Key - cdkeys.com

I own the Witcher 3 but have only played for about 2 hours since the game came out. I was wanting to finished DAI and finish the 4th witcher novel as well as The World of the Witcher book before I really got into playing TW3. This would also give time for the game to get patched as well. Since I own the first two games, I was able to pre-order TW3 for $48 from GoG and got all of the sweet pre-order bonus stuff. I wouldn't have minded paying full price as CD Projekt Red deserves the money as they are the most customer focused developer.
    Last edited by Bizkitkid2001; June 10th, 2015 at 05:19 PM.

I was thinking about reading the Witcher novels. Worth it? Sorry about the threadcrap.
    I think I might need some new hard drives, or force myself to delete some of my old junk, before I log into the Steam store.

Another one I forgot about, Ori and the Blind Forest.

Paul, just grab a nice 1TB HDD.

I think I'd need more than that for my entire Steam library currently, takes up about half 450GB of my 750GB drive on my "old" system.

Though that system is set up with a 74GB OS Drive, 750GB Games/software drive and 1.5TB archiving drive.

The new system is a pair of 1TB drives (2 different drives, so not in RAID), so I should be good to go for a while. Though out of my 268 games in my library, less than half are installed I believe, something like only 86 titles are installed.

But now days a good 1TB from Seagate or WD or HGST is around $50 or so.

Edit: huh.... forgot about some of the games I have on GOG as well, forgot I bought Metro Last Light Redux a while back on sale.

Was just over there and realized their sale is going on right now too. Every so many hours they offer a free game to redeem, just got the latest Battle Realms or something like that along with an addon for it I guess?
    Last edited by ShyguyXPC; June 10th, 2015 at 07:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by paul9 View Post
    I was thinking about reading the Witcher novels. Worth it? Sorry about the threadcrap.
    I think I might need some new hard drives, or force myself to delete some of my old junk, before I log into the Steam store.
    The books are very good. There are two short story collections called The Sword of Destiny and The Last Wish that you can read first to get an idea of the characters and world. If you like the short stories you can then start on The Saga collection.

So far only the 2 short story collections and the first 3 books in The Saga have an official English translation, but an English translation of books 4 and 5 in The Saga are already being worked on by the publisher. I am currently on the 4th book, which is the second book in The Saga.

The Polish author, Andrzej Sapkowski, is currently working on the 6th book in The Saga which is a prequel of the first book in The Saga.

So, there are currently 7 books total with an 8th book in the works. All of the books take place before the events of the first Witcher game, which is why they did the whole "Amnesia" thing so that the story makes sense to people who have not read the books. You learn about what happens in the books as you play the first 2 games and regain your memory.

Here is a Wiki article about the books. The Witcher - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Amazon has all of the English released books as Kindle editions ranging from $5-$10 each.

Quote Originally Posted by ShyguyXPC View Post
    Another one I forgot about, Ori and the Blind Forest.
    I was having a hard time trying to remember the name of this game yesterday. This is another game that I really want to pick up. Valve put it on the Steam feature page today so I was able to add it to my wishlist.

Quote Originally Posted by Bizkitkid2001 View Post
    I was having a hard time trying to remember the name of this game yesterday. This is another game that I really want to pick up. Valve put it on the Steam feature page today so I was able to add it to my wishlist.
    yeah, had it on my list when it first debuted on Steam, a while back, but for some reason it didn't show up when I went through my list the other day, then yesterday, Steam was messing up, couldn't access my profile, telling me some BS that "this user" doesn't have their Profile set up, which was dumb, as I was logged in... I couldn't add things to my wish list or follow them, so I logged out and shut down Steam, restarted it, logged in, and claims it couldn't connect, tried a few more times, still nothing, waited a while and tried again, logged in, everything was working fine, able to view my profile, friend list, etc, and check the game, and sure enough it was added already.

Steam's been doing that a lot the last week or two, messing up, claiming you're not logged in, or connected when you are, and thus not displaying various community and logged in profile specific functions.

Hope the servers don't F up on the start of the summer sale and end up being down for hours or days like it was during the Holiday sale and last years summer sale for many users.

Missed out on most of my most desired deals because of it both times.

I'll get Hotline Miami 2 if it goes to $5 or less. I played the first one on my Vita since it was free with PS Plus. It was a fun game for picking up and playing for a few minutes at a time (great for mobile gaming). I really would prefer it on my Vita again, but if it goes below $5 then I'll get it for my PC and play it on my Surface Pro 3 at school.

I don't remember if it was Steam, GOG or Humble Bundle, but I got that too, though its a neat old school top down shooter, but DAMN is that thing friggin hard sometimes, biggest frustration was enemy off screen shooting you dead before you could progress further... Or detection picking up items/weapons on floor, several times spending time trying to pick up weapon and getting killed because of it.

Still wish someone would remake or make a sequel of the Crusader No Remorse/No Regret games, even if it wasn't 3/4 view, make a 3rd or 1st Person shooter with the franchise.

But since that was under Origin, back in the day, and that was absorbed by EA, wonder if they're just sitting on the IP/Franchise.

luckily the sale goes to the 22nd, don't get paid till next thursday, so hopefully some of the higher priced items are still on sale, but picked up a few things for $5-6 total today, Serious Sam Classics Revolution or something like that, Fallout New Vegas Gun Runners Arsenal DLC or whatever its called, and the Apogee Throwback Pack.

I'm glad the sale goes until the 22nd as well as Best Buy still has not shipped my gift card.

noticed a no go on sales for GTA 5, but some other titles there was SOME drop in price, not much, but a little is better than none.

Most that I wanted are the $20+ range, and sadly I'm about broke, about $25 maybe till next Thursday, LOL

Luckily I'm off for the next 3+ days, work one day Sunday/Monday due to cut hours at work, then off again till Saturday/Sunday, so its just a matter of food in the cupboards/fridge to get me by till Thursday.

The first few days of a big Steam sale never has the best deals.

Valiant Hearts is part of the flash deal for $3.74 and Child of Light is part of the daily deal for $3.74. I went ahead and got both just in case they don't come back during the encore sale, when I will hopefully have my gift card by then (still hasn't shipped).

EDIT: I'm still trying to finish some of the games I picked up during the winter sale before I dive into The Witcher 3. (I'm still reading The World of the Witcher). I just finished Ryse a couple days ago, and I liked it a lot better than most people give it credit. I'm almost done with Bastion and just started Transistor (this game also plays well on my SP3) and Red Faction Guerrilla (destroying stuff is fun in this game).

I also need to go back and restart South Park TSoT. I played it for about 2 hours when I first got it but then got side tracked by The Witcher 2. I tried going back and playing where I left off but I had completely forgotten how the battle system works so now I am just going to replay the first two hours again and relearn the game mechanics.

EDIT 2: One thing that is going to be really nice during this sale compared to the winter sale is my internet speed. Last month Time Warner upgraded our neighborhood's internet for free. Our speeds went from 20mbps to over 100mbps. Games are going to be much faster to download now.
    Last edited by Bizkitkid2001; June 12th, 2015 at 02:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bizkitkid2001 View Post
    The first few days of a big Steam sale never has the best deals.

Valiant Hearts is part of the flash deal for $3.74 and Child of Light is part of the daily deal for $3.74. I went ahead and got both just in case they don't come back during the encore sale, when I will hopefully have my gift card by then (still hasn't shipped).

EDIT: I'm still trying to finish some of the games I picked up during the winter sale before I dive into The Witcher 3. (I'm still reading The World of the Witcher). I just finished Ryse a couple days ago, and I liked it a lot better than most people give it credit. I'm almost done with Bastion and just started Transistor (this game also plays well on my SP3) and Red Faction Guerrilla (destroying stuff is fun in this game).

I also need to go back and restart South Park TSoT. I played it for about 2 hours when I first got it but then got side tracked by The Witcher 2. I tried going back and playing where I left off but I had completely forgotten how the battle system works so now I am just going to replay the first two hours again and relearn the game mechanics.

EDIT 2: One thing that is going to be really nice during this sale compared to the winter sale is my internet speed. Last month Time Warner upgraded our neighborhood's internet for free. Our speeds went from 20mbps to over 100mbps. Games are going to be much faster to download now.
    have both bastion and transistor, haven't started each yet. RF Guerilla, also have that, I think I did start it, but didn't get too far before I put it down.

Ryse has been on my list, I just forgot to add it LOL, but looked to be a good game too.

South Park Stick of Truth, have that as well, bought that a couple months ago on sale I think, haven't started it yet though.

Speaking of download speeds, it will be interesting in a year, if and when Star Citizen comes out, I'm sure it will be on Steam, but what they've stated its expected size to be on release, 100GB or near it, LOL, even on some of the faster download speeds (unless your on Google Fiber or something similar) will still take a while to download.

Though would be nice for them to release the game on its own 128GB range or so SSD, just buy the game on SSD, connect to system and play, LOL

But some other games now days are bordering on 50GB sizes as well.

Rock of Ages is 99 cents. It is a fun game. I got it free on PS3 as part of PS Plus a few years ago and beat it in a few hours.

So far no spectacular prices. Most of the big AAA title's have had the same or better sale prices during the rest of the year. Hopefully more AAA titles will start showing up during the flash sales with bigger discounts.

I'm not going to wait for the gift card anymore. The amount of money I saved on the gift card is still worth saving for use at a later time, or I can just put it on ebay and sell it for more than I paid for it.

I just checked the mail and I got the Steam gift card. So I am really happy.

eBay still says that the gift card hasn't shipped yet though

Quick Reply Quick Reply

If you are already a member, please login above.

Thread Information