+ Reply to Thread

Anyone use FarStone's GameDrive?

I've found some program called GameDrive that is apparently the best "CD emulator" on the market designed specifically for gamers. It cost $30 and, basically, what it does is puts CD images on your hard drive so you can never require a game CD to boot or play games. It essentially lets you play games at 200x speeds as opposed to however fast your CD-ROM or DVD-ROM reads data. You create "virtual drives" on your PC that show up in Explorer. You can have around 23 "virtual drives" with as many CD images as you can fit on your HD.

Has anyone tried this product out? If so, how does it do? And has anyone had trouble with certain games?

I might get this program if it works as promised. I've only just heard of it so I don't know how credible it really is. There is another product called VirtualDrive 7.0 that costs $40 but I'm interested in this GameDrive program, that is basically the same thing, just geared towards games (even copy protected ones).

Ive used Farstone's Virtual Drive, I found it to be a good product It worked with all my games and other software. I found a free program that will do just about the same.
    I found this, Daemon Tools. You will need something like nero, ezcd- creator, or something like that. You need to look at the help to see what format it accepts.
    Basicly all they do is just create a fake cdrom drive and load a image of the cd into it.

If you have the newest version of Ahead's Nero it has Nero Imagedrive, That will create virtual drives and load the nero image format into it.

I plan on getting Nero 5.5 once I get a new CDRW drive. Maybe I'll try that. I might still pick up GameDrive though, since it's only $30. That's a pretty fair price and ends up paying for itself because of no cash going into replacing scratched CDs. I need to find some reviews online that show the differences between VirtualDrive and GameDrive.

I just got it. It is the same as Virtual Drive, just without the network drives.

If you use it, remember to turn off that darn autoplay! It reloads the CDs after you have booted, and all my games try to start at once.

Also, I picked it up off the shelf at Best Buy for $20.

Good luck!

Quick Reply Quick Reply

If you are already a member, please login above.

What is the color of the sky?

Thread Information