+ Reply to Thread

Counter Strike key problem

how u all doing

i am having a problem regarding the counter strike cd key and the problem is that my friend gave me his copy of counter strike and his own cd key number and problem with that was that it just would not let me use the CD key number all it says that the cd key number is already in use so i completely deleted the game from my computer and i bought my own game with my own cd key number but the problem is that when i install the new cd and this time the game never asked for the cd key number and its still using the old one which i can not understand because i did delete the old game and installed new game so why it the old key number is still in use

could any1 please solve this problem.

Makavali

Ultimate Member twistedbrntucker's Avatar

Re: Counter Strike key problem

Originally posted by Makavali
    how u all doing

i am having a problem regarding the counter strike cd key and the problem is that my friend gave me his copy of counter strike and his own cd key number and problem with that was that it just would not let me use the CD key number all it says that the cd key number is already in use so i completely deleted the game from my computer and i bought my own game with my own cd key number but the problem is that when i install the new cd and this time the game never asked for the cd key number and its still using the old one which i can not understand because i did delete the old game and installed new game so why it the old key number is still in use

could any1 please solve this problem.

Makavali
    Huh?

I apologize for this, but I don't understand what you are asking.
    Last edited by twistedbrntucker; April 19th, 2003 at 06:55 PM.

i am sorry all i was asking was that i use to have my friend's game installed on my computer and i was trying to use his cd key number which didnt work so i bought new game and now installed that new game on my computer and u know after the first installation the game ask for the cd key number well it never asked me for the cd key number to insert, still i can not use the game it still keep displying the same messege that "the cd key is already in use" i want to change the cd key but i do not know how to do that.
    i hope u understand that and i hope u try ur best to solve this problem
    WestSide, BadBoy Killer

Goverment property now GroundZero3's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    search in google for a counterstrike cd key changer.

hm it's somewhere in the registry, because you deleted the game and you didnt uninstalled it!
    so perhaps try the uninstaller and install it again

Creatures

GZ isnt this illegal?
    Canon EOS 550D | Tamron 18 - 270mm 1:3.5 - 6.3 | Lensbaby Scout (Soft Focus Optic, Fisheye Optic) | Canon Speedlite 430EX II

Ultimate Member twistedbrntucker's Avatar
    Originally posted by Makavali
    i am sorry all i was asking was that i use to have my friend's game installed on my computer and i was trying to use his cd key number which didnt work so i bought new game and now installed that new game on my computer and u know after the first installation the game ask for the cd key number well it never asked me for the cd key number to insert, still i can not use the game it still keep displying the same messege that "the cd key is already in use" i want to change the cd key but i do not know how to do that.
    i hope u understand that and i hope u try ur best to solve this problem
    Did you delete or uninstall? Since you re-installed the game, uninstall it. Go to control panel>add/remove programs>click on Counter Strike and click uninstall/remove.
    If you then have Windows XP go to my computer afterwards and right click on C Drive and click on search. In the search box that comes up, type in Counter Strike and see what comes up.
    Last edited by twistedbrntucker; April 19th, 2003 at 09:33 PM.

DPA
    High five to GroundZero

simple answers are always my favorite

i have done all what u guys told me to do which was to uninstall the game from add/remove option and then i installed it again and its still the same problem and waht is that registry file, anyway do u guys have any other thoughts on this matter becuase i tried that uninstalling and installing thing and it didnt work for me,,, i really need a usefull advise

cheers
    WestSide, BadBoy Killer

ok, go to google and search for where the CS cd key is located in regedit. go to run, type "regedit" then use the info from the website you find from google to find where it is and delete it after u delete the game. To access it, normally, you could just go "Start > Run > regedit >
    HKEY_CURRENT_User > Software > Valve > Half-life > Settings"

From there, look for a registry called "Key". The numbers after that is
    your CD Key.
    GA-7VAXP Ultra
    WD 180GB 7200RPM
    Razer Diamondback
    SyncMaster 710T
    GF FX 5900 Ultra
    512MB RAM
    Athlon XP 2000+ @ 1850Mhz
    Corsair HydroCool 200 EX

Goverment property now GroundZero3's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Originally posted by Creatures

GZ isnt this illegal?

illegal like against the law? how do you figure?

Of course it is used by many online cheaters to change there keys after they have been banned by a server. but this is a solution he can use.

Illegal? no all it does is change a registry setting

thanks to all of you who helped me to solve this problem and special thanks to eclipsera,

cheers
    WestSide, BadBoy Killer

Quick Reply Quick Reply

If you are already a member, please login above.

What is the color of the sky?

Thread Information