+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    yeah I read about it.. and with on person it still seems to do ok.. the enemy is smart.. and hard as hell.. and death is fast.. if you don't want it =)
    In life one must Chill

here is my IP.. u can try to connect.. I'm behind a firewall.. so it might not work.. if not.. it will have to wait till I'm home agian

In life one must Chill

hey daft i have the intel 810e board i did the update on my vid drivers but what is the 4in 1 ? and i have dx8 not 8.1 could that be it ....and the games opens but when i chose a easy or anything it just locks up on me i can see the medals case but not play the game what do you think? and i did the 175 mb dl

Ping request timed out.

home.. eatinng will look into it when finished.. typing with one hand =)
    In life one must Chill

Ultimate Member
    fastback. If you are using the 810 chip set it isn't good on higher end games. If you are on the built in video. You might want to open your rig and see if you have a AGP slot. If you do. Upgrade.
    I would suggest at least a GeForce2 MX 400 or better.

As far as a 4 in 1 driver that is for VIA based mother boards with AMD cpu's. You have a intel cpu so you don't need 4 in1's.

How much memory do you have also? This game will need quite a bunch. I will run system monitor and post back how much this game uses.
    Well I just ran the game for a little while. I have 512 meg of memory. The game used 256 when it was runing. I didn't use any swap file. So if you are lower than 256 meg you might want to step it up to at least that.
    It will run on DX8 with no problem.
    Last edited by Philip1952; January 7th, 2002 at 07:51 PM.

i have 128 ram
    533 p3
    i think i should have room for a pc1 and i would love to get a new card what can i get foe 100-125 bucks.......not much right lol

Ultimate Member
    For that price you can get a pretty good card.
    Look HERE. the card to look at is the Geforce2 Ti450. 64 meg,no tv out so all the memory is used for video. $97. I'm thinking of one to replace my Geforce2 GTS model with TV out.
    Now this card is APG. If you don't have a AGP slot. Look for a used Voodoo3 or 4 it sould handle this game aslo. I don't think an mfg's are making PCI cards any more.
    Last edited by Philip1952; January 7th, 2002 at 08:01 PM.

now i have played the mp demo and it was laggy but it ran this one wont let me even get to the game it just locks up when i try to chose easy/med/hard and thats when my pc locks up would that be because of ram? or a video prob
    Last edited by fastback; January 7th, 2002 at 08:26 PM.

going to try it again here in a sec.. try this IP 192.168.1.100 I'm going in to play for a bit.. trying to get a friend on it but he still has to donwload it.. so I'll keep an eye out..

fastback.. it doesn't sound like a ram prob.. it sounds like a video porblem.. check in yout bios and make sure you don't have video shadowing enabled.. that can cause system freezes too..

note: they do stil make PCI GF cards believe it or not.. though I wonder for how much longer.. as I heard of a AGP 8x slot to be on boards in about a year..
    In life one must Chill

That is a non-routable IP reserved for LAN's. I won't be able to get to it from here. If you have a router or proxy, we will need the IP of that and a port that's open on your computer, right?

Ultimate Member
    I could be on account of both fast back. Not enough video and a lot of swap file could be to much for that computer to handle. If you have built in video.
    I'll know tomorrow a little more. I burnt off a copy of this demo for a friend at work. He is putting it on a P3-500 compaq setup. I'll let you know how his worked out.
    Also on the bios shadows. Turn off all of them if you have the setting to. Video,Bios shadow, memory hole at 16 meg (what ever it says for memory hole).
    In M$ config. turn off config.sys and autoexec.bat file to. If you don't do anything in dos. This is for all flavors of windows 9X.
    Last edited by Philip1952; January 7th, 2002 at 09:01 PM.

to get the IP assigned to your machine by a router, go to your RUN command and type WINIPCFG and select your network adapter(NIC) or just go to your DOS prompt and type IPCONFIG

Ultimate Member
    fastback. HERE is the newest version of drivers for the 810 chipset. They do help. I had an Abit WB6 board with a P3-500 in it. I nstalled these drivers. I did see an improvement.
    You might want to down load and install the latest inf drivers for you rig also. They are on the second page.
    Last edited by Philip1952; January 7th, 2002 at 09:10 PM.

ok first one didn't help.. b/c winipcfg doesn't work in 2k.. at least as far as I know.. works great in 9X systems.. but the other one.. I had forgoten about.. and it worked great... hope someone lets me know if they can get on.. the correct ip is

In life one must Chill

Ultimate Member
    Daft that is still an internal ip for you lan. You will probably need to put your computer into the DMZ then get your ip address then. I have a linkseys router setup. It won't let me play games thru it. If it does it will drop my connection within 5 minutes on multi player games.

humm well Phillip the routers ip number is almsot the same 192.168.1.1 as for port.. go through port 80 or what ever.. I put the computer around the fairewall till later.. not like anythings on the system anyway that ppl would want..
    Last edited by Daft_Ghosty; January 7th, 2002 at 09:18 PM.
    In life one must Chill

Strange.. asI have a Linksys as well and have had no porblem playing online games with it.. true though I noramly don't host them.. but still strange non the less.. if I had toI could always hook it direct to the modem.. let me know what u find..
    In life one must Chill

ok heck with it.. I hooked it up direct.. see if u can hop on now I'll figure the router thing out later =)

In life one must Chill

Ultimate Member
    I did a ping on your last ip address. Request timed out.
    The 66.xxx.xxx.xxx number has a ping rate of. 78ms
    good ping time. I don't have multi pllayer on my download. Or I am not sure how to get it runing. LOL

Quick Reply Quick Reply

If you are already a member, please login above.

What is 10 and 5 added together?

Thread Information