+ Reply to Thread

Mouse Stops Functioning Intermittently!?!

Hey, I was just told by some guy that techIMO knows everything, so I thought I'd hit them with this mouse problem I've been having lately. Anything short of, "reformat computer now" will be very appreciated : )

I run winxp home with a logitech MX 510 mouse, I also have the driver installed with it..

whenever I'm playing an on-line game of warcraft 3:TFT, the mouse stops functioning properly from time to time!! This is bad news. To fix the problem, I have to minimize and come back to the game. By this time, it's already caused me to lose.
    : (

So I'll be there, all of a sudden I won't be able to click anything. I can always move the cursor around, but it fails to respond whenever I click anything. I have to ALT-TAB, and then come back just to make the mouse respond to clicks again. By that time I have surely lost the game!

This problem also occurs on initial boot up of the computer: when I log into Windows, I can move the cursor around, but I have to press ALT+TAB just to get the desktop icons to be clickable.

Thank you for listening & for any insight you might have about this issue!

- Shook

Quote Originally Posted by Shook.XcL
    Hey, I was just told by some guy that techIMO knows everything, so I thought I'd hit them with this mouse problem I've been having lately. Anything short of, "reformat computer now" will be very appreciated : )

I run winxp home with a logitech MX 510 mouse, I also have the driver installed with it..

whenever I'm playing an on-line game of warcraft 3:TFT, the mouse stops functioning properly from time to time!! This is bad news. To fix the problem, I have to minimize and come back to the game. By this time, it's already caused me to lose.
    : (

So I'll be there, all of a sudden I won't be able to click anything. I can always move the cursor around, but it fails to respond whenever I click anything. I have to ALT-TAB, and then come back just to make the mouse respond to clicks again. By that time I have surely lost the game!

This problem also occurs on initial boot up of the computer: when I log into Windows, I can move the cursor around, but I have to press ALT+TAB just to get the desktop icons to be clickable.

Thank you for listening & for any insight you might have about this issue!

- Shook
    uninstall the drivers and use the windows driver i had the same prob with athalon 64 with some kind of logitech mouse 400dpi bleh it was ball mouse too so it is not the same but that worked with my sis's computer.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

If you are already a member, please login above.

What is 10 and 5 added together?

Thread Information