+ Reply to Thread

Newegg shipping to Canada?

I've heard that newegg will be shipping to canada. I'm just wondering if anyone knows any more about this, or has any links to info that would shed light on the issue. The reason is that i would like to purchase a new set of speakers, and they are much cheaper from newegg than anything that canadian companies can offer.(even with the exchange rate.) Any info that can help would be great.

Ultimate Member
    I'd be surprised if that's true. Even if it is, they've maintained such an ardent anti-Canadian-shipping stance for so long that I'm not sure I'd use them simply for spite.

I heard they were going to open a branch in Canada sort of like Chief Value is their east coast branch.

.bh.
    "Our freedom depends on five boxes: soap, ballot, jury, witness; and, when all else fails, Ammo. " ?author?

practically canada. bombledmonk's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by zepper
    I heard they were going to open a branch in Canada sort of like Chief Value is their east coast branch.

.bh.
    Yes I've heard the same type of thing, It will not be the same site as newegg, It will be something along the lines of Newegg Canada.

What about Canada Computers? I've been hard-pressed to find a deal better than the ones they have.

Canada computers is good, i look there too, but they don't have the complete selection that newegg does.
    But they do have the speakers that i am looking at.

practically canada. bombledmonk's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve R Jones
    Frequently Asked Questions

Does Newegg.com ship internationally?
    They are talking about in the future as there have been many rumors floating around.

Yes, I know of several people who have recieved emails from newegg saying that they will be shipping to Canada sometime in 2006. It's been said that they will probably not open a warehouse up here, but rather ship stuff across the border in large numbers, like tigerdirect, to cut down on customs charges. It would, however, make a lot of sense to make a warehouse here, as they already have like 5+ in the US.
    -Space

They have hints in their FAQ that they ship to Canada and Europe but no way to sign up as someone outside the US :/

My main vendor is www.memoryexpress.com they are based out of Calgary and I haven't found many places that provide much better service or prices.

Quote Originally Posted by jinexile
    They have hints in their FAQ that they ship to Canada and Europe but no way to sign up as someone outside the US :/

My main vendor is www.memoryexpress.com they are based out of Calgary and I haven't found many places that provide much better service or prices.
    where are you located?

I use NCIX, TigerDirect, and shoprbc.com for my computer stuff. They have the best prices in Canada afaik.
    -Space

Northern Alberta, I've ordered from tigerdirect before, I don't trust them with my stuff anymore... they are cheap because it's refurbished, the mail in rebates are a pain in the but and can take months to return and the equipment they sell is 50-50 DOA.

NCIX is nice, but their prices are higher than a lot of places.

I've never heard of shoprbc.com before but I did a quick quote on my favorite, memex, and emulated it on shoprbc, it came out to be about 10 dollars more expensive at shoprbc. Some parts where cheaper than others on both an I'm sure if you mixed and matched you could come out with a wicked deal. The only problem I have with shoprbc is their warrenty policy, it seems like such a hassle, memex uses the SN of the parts as their IDs in the database and have an almost walmart like policy on returning stuff, I've never had to send stuff back in the original packaging or anything, they often would replace it on the spot if I asked. I would probably stick the vendor I know best in this case.

shoprbc.com (RB Computing) is based here in Ottawa. I like them because they have some of the best prices in Canada and I can just take a 10 minute drive to the store . They are also loved by national buyers of computer cases because they have a flat-rate 9 dollar charge on anything. So you could buy 2 cases and live in like BC and it only costs 9 bucks to ship. I'va also found that their prices are very similar to NCIX's prices.

Just something to keep in mind
    -Space

I prefer to buy out of province to avoid the 8% provincial sales tax imposed by Ontario. NCIX is almost my exclusive source for computer components.
    The difficulty is to try and teach the multitude that something can be true and untrue at the same time. -- Arthur Schopenhauer

well, i have used their service. They are very costly and service is not upto mark. infact since 2 years i am using viaddress which is much cheaper than Newegg. and they fast too. items are shipped in 2-3 days with no issues and they are always in excellent conditions.really fast and reliable. i would highly recommend viaddress this is their link
    VIAddress : Your US address

Hello!Is there anyone have heard the firstrankgolf website??

firstrankgolf is a SCAM - RIP OFF Site.
    "Life is unpredictable, eat dessert first."

PC Upgrade Procrastinator ShyguyXPC's Avatar
    oh jesus, not these tards again...

we just had some spammers for that site the other day, no links, but you can tell by the way they posted, did a google search for the one persons name, and sure enough spam linkage on other sites...

I suspect the one above their post is spam too, since its for a shipping courier and not for an actual online website that ships to other countries. they just provide a list of online retailers that use their service...
    Last edited by ShyguyXPC; November 5th, 2009 at 06:30 PM.
    i7 940//Corsair H60//EVGA X58 SLI LE//6GB Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz//2x EVGA GTX 560 Ti FPB SLI//NZXT Hale82 850W//CM 690 II Advanced//Win7 64//WD 74GB V-raptor, 750GB Black, 1.5TB Green

TechIMO Folding@home Team #111 - Crunching for the cure!

Quick Reply Quick Reply

If you are already a member, please login above.

What is the color of the sky?

Thread Information