+ Reply to Thread

Windows Restarting

Hi guyz....im new 2 this place.Recently my computer keep restarting when i play some of my 3d games-it hangs for a few seconds,then the monitor blacks out few seconds n it restarts...any idea wats the cause of this problem?

Btw,It happens after i upgraded my pc-graphic card,power supply n dvd drive

Welcome to TIMO phuzin, This problem of yours could be one of several different things. If you still have the old power supply swap it out first. If that doesn't work make sure you have the newest drivers for your video card and give that a shot. Also make sure you have everything pluged in correctly(if your video card has an external power connector, plug it in).
    Old Cranky and hard of hearing
    I-5, 3450 socket 1155, 16gb 1066ram corsair vengance
    PNY GeForce GTX 670

all hardware have been connected properly...and i have unchecked the "auto reboot" option and an error message appeared

A problem has been detected and windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer

The Problem seems to be caused by the following file: nv4_disp

If this is the first time you've seen this stop error screen, restart your computer.If this screen appears again,follow these steps

The device driver got stuck in an infinite loop. This usually indicated problem with the device itself or with the device programming the hardware incorrectly.

Please check with your hardware device vendor for any device updates.

Technical information:

***stop: 0x000000EA (0x8708E960, 0x871AE678, 0x7B59CB4, 0x00000001)

nv4_disp
    beginning dump of physical memory
    Physical memory dump cpmplete
    Contact your system administrator or technical support group for further assistance.
    shud i install a new driver?my current driver is 78.01 and i installed it from the disc that came with the graphics card...i don't think i want to install the newest drivers(which is 81...) because it showed a lot of bugs in the game....
    Last edited by phuzin; December 15th, 2005 at 11:54 AM.

Sometimes.. depending on the card and the game.. it is nessesary to downgrade your drivers to to accomodate some older games.

How far you should go back all depends on what card you have. If you have not upgraded to the most recent drivers I would start with that first though if you decide to use older drivers it may be nessesary to use something like the "Detonator Destroyer" to completely remove the drivers that are currently installed.

I used to have this problem when I tried to play the old Xwing vs. Tie Fighter game and I believe downgrading to an older det driver solved the problem.

so the problem is all caused by the driver?my current graphics card is inno3d geforce 6600 gt...and i think i want to downgrade to 77.77....is that good?

umm...i downgraded my drivers to version 77.77 but it still show the error message when i play 3d games....and when i uninstall my drivers and boot up in safe mode to remove all other drivers using driver cleaner pro,the direct x diagnostic says that it is using generic drivers which is vga.dll...how do i remove that?

Quick Reply Quick Reply

If you are already a member, please login above.

What is 10 and 5 added together?

Thread Information