+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Blog Entries

How do hacks work?

Well, I am just curious. I want to know about PC hacks. How does it work?

P.S. Mentioning even an idea or hints of how to hack may get you banned! You have been warned, so don't blame me.

edit: PC HACKS!!!
    Last edited by xelnanga; January 6th, 2006 at 01:04 AM.

this is 1 way: a hacker will scan for open ports in an ip. When they find an open port they open telnet. They type o then the ip adress then the port number they want to connect to
    if all goes well for them they connect remotely
    MSI K8N Neo4 Platinum SLI Socket 939 nForce4
    Athlon 64 3200+ Venice Socket 939
    CORSAIR XMS 2GB 184-Pin DDR 400 (PC 3200)
    ATI x800xl PCI Express

Blog Entries
    what type of hack? Game hack, PC hack? Hacking could be entering into someone's private area without permission, decrypting something that wasn't meant for you to encrypt, playing with or adding to the source code of a game to gain an advantage over others, breaching security, taking over something that isn't yours, etc.

At the moment, I cannot figure out a way to explain how it works without telling you how to...but I couldn't anyway since I don't know what you are referring to...there are many sites and books out there that will explain how to hack, how to prevent being hacked, etc. There are also many jobs in the industry that employ hackers for security reasons. Most hackers use simple network resources and commands like ping and software that detects open ports, etc.

Famos

Blog Entries
    It's all about holes: whether they be in physical parameters (like network ports) or virtual parameters (like software). Hacks exploit either unintentional or deliberate "holes" to gain access to things they shouldn't.

So, hacking is seen by many hackers as a challenge to their intelligence and ingenuity. It's like a puzzle. A real hacker will take time to find out how he can get in, rather than just repaet someone elses discovery. Script kiddies just repeat hacks real hackers have found, as a way of showing how "cool" they are.

Hackers can be valuable in testing barriers and blocks, to help make hardare and software less vulnerable.

My thoughts.

Cheers
    Mick
    I don't like sigs on forums like this.

We need a little more information about what type of 'hack' you're trying to do. There's modding, exploiting, cracking, coding, ... all sorts of 'hacking'. We need specifics here, are you talking about a video game?
    My PC:
    37" 1080p Sceptre LCD - ASUS VENTO Case - 500w Ultra PSU - P5B Deluxe - e4300 @ 3.4ghz - 4GB DDR800 - VistionTek HD3870 - Plantronics DSP-500

Quote Originally Posted by sunny22
    this is 1 way: a hacker will scan for open ports in an ip. When they find an open port they open telnet. They type o then the ip adress then the port number they want to connect to
    Code:
    tom@raptor ~ $ telnet www.techimo.com 80
    Trying 69.93.248.139...
    Connected to www.techimo.com.
    Escape character is '^]'.
    z0mg!
    <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//IETF//DTD HTML 2.0//EN">
    <HTML><HEAD>
    <TITLE>501 Method Not Implemented</TITLE>
    </HEAD><BODY>
    <H1>Method Not Implemented</H1>
    z0mg! to /index.html not supported.<P>
    Invalid method in request z0mg!<P>
    </BODY></HTML>
    Connection closed by foreign host.
    not trying to hack... please don't ban me

Blog Entries
    ok... edited my first post

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Epyon9283
    Code:
    tom@raptor ~ $ telnet www.techimo.com 80
    Trying 69.93.248.139...
    Connected to www.techimo.com.
    Escape character is '^]'.
    z0mg!
    <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//IETF//DTD HTML 2.0//EN">
    <HTML><HEAD>
    <TITLE>501 Method Not Implemented</TITLE>
    </HEAD><BODY>
    <H1>Method Not Implemented</H1>
    z0mg! to /index.html not supported.<P>
    Invalid method in request z0mg!<P>
    </BODY></HTML>
    Connection closed by foreign host.
    not trying to hack... please don't ban me
    lol

Blog Entries
    What can hackers do to your computer if he's able to go through?

do you mean like game hacks or like connecting to another person's computer and hacking them?

Blog Entries
    ugh.... look at my first post

Super Stealthy Moderator RicheemxX's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    most of it depends on the hacker, what they are looking for what they want to do. For your pc they'd probably drop in a key logger maybe check for personal info credit cards ect. Then add you to their network of "ghosts" to use to attack other computers or possibly companies.

Once I have control I can access any of your files move them upload and dl anything on your pc just like you can.

some hackers try to attack servers and major networks to try to "kill" them or get them overloaded so they go off line
    Last edited by RicheemxX; January 6th, 2006 at 01:14 AM.
    Be a Liberal, blame everyone else!!

Alot of "hacks" if you will use flaws in software. Since alot of software is C and C++, neither of which generally has strict constraints on memory allocation, a popular hack is to explot buffer and/or data overflows. This allows the hacker to overflow a data area and insert some of their own data into memory. Then the sytem maybe end up accessing this malicious area of memory designed to give them even more control over the sytem.

Blog Entries
    A very simple, sometimes undetectable if created in-house and not released globally "hack" is slipping a harmless trojan horse or "something else created" that just watches you and logs you keystrokes. So when you type in your bank or credit card information, the information is stored in a simple notepad or other text file editor, then scanned daily for patterns. It could contain username and passwords to your financial sites, credit card, websites visited, etc...almost like spyware . Then they simply just use the information and to go shopping, transfer money, change passwords and usernames...depends on what they want to do.

Again...there as SOOOO many hacks and reasons that hackers hack. Again...many books out there .

Famos

If you are interested in hacking competitions, I hear that there is a convention in LA that gets all the greatest hackers. Each team has to improve a base anti-hacker software while hacking the other team. Behind the firewall, there is a "token" that spawns every hour. The point of the game is to get as many tokens as possible. It is a really cool compition, it's a lot of fun to read about .
    "I thought what I'd do was, I'd pretend to be one of those deaf-mutes" Or Should I?
    Chapter 25, The Catcher in the Rye

Blog Entries
    uh oh... now it's starting to scare me. I just raised my zonealarm to high

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by sunny22
    its nto that easy....at all......most routers nowadays hide open ports. and thats the stupidest way i could think of to connect to something you wanna mess up because its a straight connection form your computer to theres so it be easy to track/log.

Quote Originally Posted by GiPilot12
    If you are interested in hacking competitions, I hear that there is a convention in LA that gets all the greatest hackers. Each team has to improve a base anti-hacker software while hacking the other team. Behind the firewall, there is a "token" that spawns every hour. The point of the game is to get as many tokens as possible. It is a really cool compition, it's a lot of fun to read about .
    this sounds very interesting... could you provide more info?
    thanks
    Patience takes too long.

"I thought what I'd do was, I'd pretend to be one of those deaf-mutes" Or Should I?
    Chapter 25, The Catcher in the Rye

thats the only method i know of, but I'm no hacker. What other methods are there?
    MSI K8N Neo4 Platinum SLI Socket 939 nForce4
    Athlon 64 3200+ Venice Socket 939
    CORSAIR XMS 2GB 184-Pin DDR 400 (PC 3200)
    ATI x800xl PCI Express

Quick Reply Quick Reply

If you are already a member, please login above.

What is 10 and 5 added together?

Thread Information