+ Reply to Thread

The "I hate Bill Gates club" Were do I sign inn?

EDIT: thanks, for the infomation. I had to do this before but seem to forget that I have to reinstall the usb drivers, and for some reason not just the one being used but all of them.

Still a few new problems that I want to be back to normal again.

How I disable the part were it ask me my password when I boot the os. Welcome screen is unclicked, and I don't get that. It's the box that pops up asking me to login when I don't even have the user passed. I'm the only one using this computer.

How do I get ctrl alt del to bring up task manager and not windows security.

And why is firefox running twice now?
    C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe
    C:\PROGRA~1\MOZILL~1\FIREFOX.EXE

The first line is the one running now, and the second is the one that now seems to be running when the OS boots. Almost looks like it's booting in command format or something.
    Last edited by joker12578; January 21st, 2006 at 05:55 AM.
    Don't buy Amd case stickers buy cyrix instead. If anyone brakes into your home your Amd will be gone, unless you have your very own cyrix stick-on

The USB thing may indicate you need to reinstall your motherboard drivers. And with it being a fresh install of XP, you should at least give SP2 a try. It is pretty stable.

One more question, I have never used NTFS before. Always set it up with fat 32, but wanted to beable to have support for bigger files. Was getting sick of using backup drive for 4gig files.
    Was woundering if this was normal for ADS.

http://img16.imageshack.us/my.php?image=test6ia.jpg
    Don't buy Amd case stickers buy cyrix instead. If anyone brakes into your home your Amd will be gone, unless you have your very own cyrix stick-on

Banned
    AH GEE? I just posted how to perform a system registry edit by adding a new value to have
    the NT, 2000, or XP system boot right to the desktop by following the detailed instructions
    in the Winguides 2003 free registry guide found at: http://www.winguides.com

Quote Originally Posted by PC TECH250
    AH GEE? I just posted how to perform a system registry edit by adding a new value to have
    the NT, 2000, or XP system boot right to the desktop by following the detailed instructions
    in the Winguides 2003 free registry guide found at: http://www.winguides.com

Thanks
    It's a pain having to do this everytime you update. Any ideas on the other questions?

Banned

thanks PC TECH250 your auto-login regedit works well

Banned
    The roses are appreciated here. The use of that came about when first upgrading to XP. A
    "royal nuisance" suddenly came about after moving up from the old 9x-ME prompts where a
    simple press of the enter key saw the desktop until "window logon" was chosen in the C.P..

how about getting ctrl alt del to bring up task manager and not windows security.

Banned
    "A. Press the Windows Logo key + L to lock your computer. You can also turn off the Welcome screen to go back to logging on and off by pressing CTRL+ALT+DELETE, which opens the Windows Security dialog box that contains the Lock Computer option. (If you're on a domain, you don't have the option of turning off the Welcome screen.)

To turn off the Welcome screen:

Open User Accounts in Control Panel.

Click Change the way users log on or off.

Clear the Use the Welcome screen check box.

If you have Fast User Switching enabled and you are not on a domain, you can lock your computer by switching users.

To switch users:

Press the Windows Logo key + L or click Start, click Log off, and then click Switch User."

That was the closest explaination found for a switch of some type that could also involve a
    change in the system registry if not logon settings in Control Panel. This was part of one MS
    article at: http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/e...sgroupfaq.mspx
    If this doesn't see results try the system file checker utility("sfc /scannow" at Run prompt) to
    see if your system files are not somehow crosslinked. In Windows 2000 the ctrl-alt-end is a
    usage of bringing up the computer lock window.

Clear the Use the Welcome screen check box.

It was clear, I clicked both and that fixed the problem.
    Now if I can just figer out why firefox is running in the background and if it is firefox.

Thanks for the help.

Banned
    Time for a RegCleaner to get rid of ? http://www.majorgeeks.com/downloads15.html
    You can also try removing FireFox first before running a registry cleaning utility like the good
    one listed above. Orphaned or duplicate startup entries can get removed fast. The msconfig
    utility can help to disable any listing there before running the cleaner. Once this no longer is
    appearing you can go after the latest FireFox version and perform a clean install.

Not removing firefox, just wanted to know if there lastest update has put it in the start up. I already have registry mechanic.

Super F@D Folder
    nope...i'm online now and I only have one running instance of firefox!! google for mike lin's startup control panel it should help you stop anything extra from starting!!

Banned
    Main troubleshooting page for FireFox: http://kb.mozillazine.org/Category:Issues_%28Firefox%29 Your problems could be caused by the need for an extension update. A FAQ
    section is found at: http://www.mozilla.org/support/firefox/faq

Exclamation Bill was saddled with the wrong business plan - TOTALLY ALIEN.

I feel sorry for Bill Gates. pdccdosg.htm

Programmers' Delight Colour Co-ordinated Disc Operating System (PDCC-DOS) - First Part

He adopted the wrong business plan "Total World Domination." But, that's exactly the plan of the New World Order - only one of anything. It not only doesn't work, it causes brain-damage. Yes, if everyone buys everything from your software company, then you get all the money. However, monopoly can't provide for everyone's needs. So, we dumb down and we have uniformity. I was in the army, uniformity doesn't work. All it does is make it easier to be led to the slaughter. Are we being replaced by Alien Hybreds???? You bet!!!! Bill turns us into sheople, then we're easily eliminated by the A.H.

Welcome! Try Debateimo! Look under community. YOU WILL LIVEN THINGS UP TREMENDOSLY!

Quote Originally Posted by Eochaidh View Post
    He adopted the wrong business plan "Total World Domination." But, that's exactly the plan of the New World Order - only one of anything. It not only doesn't work, it causes brain-damage. Yes, if everyone buys everything from your software company, then you get all the money. However, monopoly can't provide for everyone's needs. So, we dumb down and we have uniformity. I was in the army, uniformity doesn't work. All it does is make it easier to be led to the slaughter. Are we being replaced by Alien Hybreds???? You bet!!!! Bill turns us into sheople, then we're easily eliminated by the A.H.
    Alien hybrids? Uh, I think you need to talk to SiliconJon.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

If you are already a member, please login above.

What is 10 and 5 added together?

Thread Information