Thread: Problem updating windows xp
March 20th, 2006, 01:45 PM #1
- Join Date
- Feb 2006
Problem updating windows xp
when i try to go to the microsoft updates page, after it checks for updates it gives me Error number: 0x8DDD0018
when it gives me different resolutions, i have tried all of them, does anyobdy have any suggestions?
March 20th, 2006, 02:01 PM #2
- Join Date
- Oct 2001
- Blog Entries
this didnt work?
Do you have service pack 2 installed?
March 20th, 2006, 02:01 PM #3
Restart your PC & try this:
1. Click Start, click Run, type services.msc, and then click OK.
2. In the list of services, right-click Automatic Updates, and then click Properties.
3. In the Startup type list, click Automatic, and then click Apply.
4. If Service status is set to Stopped, click Start, and then click OK.
5. Right-click Background Intelligent Transfer Service, and then click Properties.
6. In the Startup type list, click Manual, and then click Apply.
7. If Service status is set to Stopped, click Start, and then click OK.Bluegrass ROCKS!!!
Users Browsing this Thread
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)
By forgotten one in forum Applications and Operating SystemsReplies: 5Last Post: May 15th, 2005, 09:38 PM
By zskillz in forum Technical SupportReplies: 4Last Post: February 12th, 2004, 06:50 PM
By Brangwen in forum Applications and Operating SystemsReplies: 7Last Post: January 29th, 2004, 04:03 PM
By buzzy1 in forum General Tech DiscussionReplies: 19Last Post: November 19th, 2003, 11:03 PM
By nalipali in forum Security and Privacy IssuesReplies: 3Last Post: August 15th, 2003, 07:19 AM