+ Reply to Thread

How Much is My HP Computer worth?

I'm trying to find out what you all think about how much I should charge for this computer.

It's an HP dv4000

1.73 Ghz
    0.99 RAM
    CD/DVD Burner (Doesn't work)
    92.8 GB

Any other information, let me know, and I'll find out for you.

Thanks.

~PJ~

Blog Entries
    Is that all that is included, or is there a kb/m, monitor, or anything else?

Exactly like that,(figuring that you have everything that would be needed to run it without a monitor, kb, mouse, or OS) I would say about $100-150...depending on what shape its in...

Usually, with older pc's, you can get the most money from it by selling each part seperatly...like that ram and hdd might go for $100 or more(depending on what kind of ram, and hdd)...then you have all the other parts you can sell.
    "The problem with quotations on the internet is that the sources are hard to verify" - Abraham Lincoln

Quote Originally Posted by EXreaction
    Is that all that is included, or is there a kb/m, monitor, or anything else?

Exactly like that,(figuring that you have everything that would be needed to run it without a monitor, kb, mouse, or OS) I would say about $100-150...depending on what shape its in...

Usually, with older pc's, you can get the most money from it by selling each part seperatly...like that ram and hdd might go for $100 or more(depending on what kind of ram, and hdd)...then you have all the other parts you can sell.
    There is a monitor, it is a laptop. Sorry, forgot to mention that. It's a working, running laptop, with those are what I could come up with. It's a QuickPlay Laptop, has a digital media port, 4 USB ports, And has Expansion Part 2 (whatever that is). I don't know much about computers, so hoping anything you need to know about what it has or not, you can ask...

Thanks!

Blog Entries
    Ah, thats a big difference then...does it come with an operating system? I am guessing XP Home if it does right?

If that has a celeron cpu, I would say $500...with a pentium M I would say $600...
    (of course this all depends on what shape its in...if its in bad shape its not going to go for as much)

Make sure that when you sell it, you wipe the harddrive...otherwise people can access whatever you had on it...so, first run Kill Disk( http://www.killdisk.com/ ), then reinstall the operating system...
    "The problem with quotations on the internet is that the sources are hard to verify" - Abraham Lincoln

practically canada. bombledmonk's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by EXreaction

If that has a celeron cpu, I would say $500...with a pentium M I would say $600...
    (of course this all depends on what shape its in...if its in bad shape its not going to go for as much)

Not even that, You can buy a new e1505 for well under $700 with dual core proc, 1GB RAM, DVD burner and warranty on a good day. The 14.1" XPS models are going for around $500 when a sale hits.

The best bet would probably be to sell it locally or ebay, but don't expect a whole lot.

Blog Entries
    They are selling those E1705's for under $700! Sweet(now I need some money )!

Ok...well, your best bet would be ebay probably...some people on there pay crazy amounts of money for laptops...the other day I saw some POS alienware go for over $4k...and you can easily get a faster laptop for under $1.5k...very easily...so you might get lucky on it.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

If you are already a member, please login above.

What is the color of the sky?

Thread Information